Pitbulls...... - Page 2

Pitbulls......

This is a discussion on Pitbulls...... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by crabbys44 Pitts are great loyal family dogs. They are not good guard dogs, however. They just want to play. They won't bite ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Pitbulls......

  1. #16
    Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls Tx.
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post
    Pitts are great loyal family dogs. They are not good guard dogs, however. They just want to play. They won't bite anyone, even as puppies.
    Please read post #11
    I feel that the families of the dead people in these studies would disagree with you.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.


  2. #17
    Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls Tx.
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post


    sounds like a very familiar argument against responsible gun ownership, doesn't it?
    To me it doesn't, A gun by itself can't kill someone. A dog by itself can.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

  3. #18
    Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,232
    I don't hate Pitbulls, but I do hate the irresponsible owners that don't take good care of them and their dogs end up hurting someone. A friend of mine lost part of her cheek when she was a little girl since a pitbull mauled her while she was playing.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

  4. #19
    VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,558
    I don't trust them any farther than I could throw one, and that's not far. It's in their blood, I don't care what anybody says. Just takes the right combination to release the lock.

    I don't hate them any more than a Bull shark, but then again I wouldn't own one of those either.

  5. #20
    Member Array dragongtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Royal Oak, Mi
    Posts
    35
    Only a few completely negative (semi ignorant) responses. alot better than I was expecting from what I have been reading.

    I ask because like gun rights I am a activist for responsible dangerous animal legislation and not breed specific legislation.

    I personally think pitbulls are one of the best breeds for families and fun type dogs (Although I own American Bull Dogs, not pitbulls).

    That said there is a huge problem in this country with irresponsible breeders and stupid thug owners (we all would like to see these owners put to sleep though as many of the owners are the thugs we seek to defend against).

    Properly bred pitbulls (not genetic monsters from back yard breeders (this is a huge problem with blue pitbulls)) are great dogs, when properly raised and cared for. Just like kids they need leadership and boundries (have you seen the kids these thugs produce :( talk about scary).

    We all have (hopefully) taken our time to educate ourselves about guns, gun rights, and responsible use, before making choices about our views on guns.

    I'm just hoping that most gun owners take that same time to learn about other things before passing judgement.

    BTW, I do know what pitbulls can do, I have been attacked and had bite wounds all over one of my legs as a kid because of it.... The dogs that bit me had ignorant thug owners who have been in jail now for years on drug charges.

  6. #21
    Member Array dragongtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Royal Oak, Mi
    Posts
    35
    Oh, And for those throwing out stats about what a pitbull can do.

    Also keep in mind that all major animal rights groups have public positions that breed specific legislation is wrong and publicly state that pitbulls themselves are not the problem.

    The same organizations publishing those stats have also shown through their studies that the small toy breed dogs like pomeranians send more people to the hospital with dog bites every year than any other breed.

    Keep in mind also that those 59% of dog fatalities related to pitbulls (which is actually only a handfull a year far less than masny other things) is minimal compared to firearm deaths, knives fatalities, and car accident fatalities.

    Becarefull spreading the hate because if they can outlaw pitbuls, it's only a matter of time before they can outlaw our self defense and collectible weapons.

    If you choose to give up one right you might as well give them all up....

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array JoJoGunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    2,983
    Any dog breed can be vicious, from the tiny Yorkie up to the massive St. Bernard. All of them can revert to their wild Wolf roots in a heartbeat. Pit Bulls get more attention because of the selective breeding for violent behaviour by those who want an agressive animal. My smaller 14 year old mixed breed is very mean and will bite given the chance. I wonder if she thinks she is a "Pit Bull" sometimes.

    I have been around Pit Bulls that thought they were your best buddy and wanted to be a lap dog. I have been near others that if given the chance to get to me, I'd be a bloody mess after a few minutes of attack. So, with that in mind, I look at all dog breeds with some suspicion until you get to know that particular dog. They all have individual personalities, some may be more agressive than others and that is what the low-life humans look for when they want/need a dog.

    I don't "hate" any particular dog breed, but it is sad that some breeds are utilized for violence and that is what makes people hate them.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

    The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

  8. #23
    VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,558
    Eh, I don't get the whole gun/dog relationship.

    A dog can act on its own, a gun cannot.
    A dog has a mind, a gun does not.
    A dog is armed with muscle and teeth, a gun needs to be loaded and operated.

    Any dog can be a good family dog, but the pitbull has some serious damage potential - I'll err on the side of a Golden Retriever or English Bull Dog, my buddy had a pitbull and I've seen it in action (responsible owner, otherwise a big baby of a dog)... scared the hell outta me. It took 3 guys to pull him back from another dog (a Golden Retriever). From big baby to an incredible powerhouse and something I'd fear in a split second. I'd been around the dog MANY other times and it was always playful and fun, but I always had my guard up.

  9. #24
    Member Array dragongtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Royal Oak, Mi
    Posts
    35
    Thunder,

    A sheep is a sheep, if you can get them to ban a breed of dog based on a percieved danger, you can get them to ban guns based on a percieved danger.

    BTW, english bulldogs were bred for bullbaiting, this was dogs fighting and killing bulls, the predesessor for dog fighting, they are also one of the dogs that was used to create the pitbull breed. Research, know the facts

    All dogs bite.

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array Old School's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Posts
    3,211
    OP, welcome to the forum and thannks for posting.

    My daughter and grandson with her bluenose Sasha......

    photo.jpg

    My Staffordshire Jessie.......

    photo.jpg

    I support responsible dog ownership of all breeds.

    I oppose breed discrimination.

    OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

    http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

  11. #26
    VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,558
    Never once did I say I wanted a ban on any breed nor did I say I had anything against them, I simply stated that I personally will never own one. There are many breeds I'd love to own, a pitbull is not one of them. Freedom of choice and all that great stuff...

    And yes, I've done my research on English Bulldogs - but thanks for assuming I hadn't.

    In your little quest, my opinion is that you should be just as supportive of those who realize a pitbull isn't for them just as much as you support the responsible owners who do take them on. To use your gun analogy, not everyone should own one of those either, and not everyone has to like them in order for them to be accepted in large.

    Quote Originally Posted by dragongtr View Post
    Thunder,

    A sheep is a sheep, if you can get them to ban a breed of dog based on a percieved danger, you can get them to ban guns based on a percieved danger.

    BTW, english bulldogs were bred for bullbaiting, this was dogs fighting and killing bulls, the predesessor for dog fighting, they are also one of the dogs that was used to create the pitbull breed. Research, know the facts

    All dogs bite.

  12. #27
    Senior Member Array ASSA9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte,NC.
    Posts
    838
    OK,as you ask for it, here's my take on Pits
    As a child my brother was given a Boxer mix and it was a great dog But my Dad made him give it away
    because he said it was too smart.
    Sounds weird right?
    This is how my dad explained it to us.

    He would take the dog for a walk and when he would meet an other people or animals he would watch the
    dog reaction.He said the dog never "Looked to Him" to to see His reaction to the other people.
    It was very smart and would make up it own mind about what its reaction was going to be.

    Now I know what what some of you say, The dog owner must be the one in control and the dog will follow
    your lead. BS! Not if a dog is too smart.It will make up its own mind!
    You don't have to agree me ,but I ask you and on everyone this thread to try this test on the next Pit owner you see
    with his/her dog when other people are around it.
    Watch the dog owner ,not the dog.
    They will be nervous ,their eyes always on the dog because in the back of their mind they know that dog will not look
    to them before it acts and they are afraid its going to do something terrible .
    Anything can set it off and they know it, a child that makes a strange noise, a dog or a man thats moves wrong,
    anything that causes it to make a choice about what to do.

    Think about it and watch the next Pit owner, I think it will open you eyes to a new way of looking at all dogs
    breeds good and bad ,not just Pits
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

    Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

  13. #28
    VIP Member Array Old School's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Posts
    3,211
    Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    OK,as you ask for it, here's my take on Pits
    As a child my brother was given a Boxer mix and it was a great dog But my Dad made him give it away
    because he said it was too smart.
    Sounds weird right?
    This is how my dad explained it to us.

    He would take the dog for a walk and when he would meet an other people or animals he would watch the
    dog reaction.He said the dog never "Looked to Him" to to see His reaction to the other people.
    It was very smart and would make up it own mind about what its reaction was going to be.

    Now I know what what some of you say, The dog owner must be the one in control and the dog will follow
    your lead. BS! Not if a dog is too smart.It will make up its own mind!
    You don't have to agree me ,but I ask you and on everyone this thread to try this test on the next Pit owner you see
    with his/her dog when other people are around it.
    Watch the dog owner ,not the dog.
    They will be nervous ,their eyes always on the dog because in the back of their mind they know that dog will not look
    to them before it acts and they are afraid its going to do something terrible .
    Anything can set it off and they know it, a child that makes a strange noise, a dog or a man thats moves wrong,
    anything that causes it to make a choice about what to do.

    Think about it and watch the next Pit owner, I think it will open you eyes to a new way of looking at all dogs
    breeds good and bad ,not just Pits

    If I am the next Staffordshire Terrier owner you come in contact with that will not be the case.

    My dog is under control because she has been trained to be that way.

    What I do notice is that most people who I have contact with will not take their eyes off my dog.

    They fear what the dog might do to them.

    Once they meet my dog and interact with her their fear subsides and they expierence a posistive outcome.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

    http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

  14. #29
    Senior Member Array ASSA9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte,NC.
    Posts
    838
    This is not about your dog!
    Or my fears
    Its the owners fears I,m talking about testing !
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

    Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

  15. #30
    Senior Member Array bbqgrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'll step up to the plate. I pretty much hate them.
    I am with you Tim, I hate them but, honestly my hatered is driven from guilt by association. Near me only the lowest filth of humanity choses pit bull as their pet; other areas of the country are obviously different. I associate pits with thugs, drugs, cruelty and crime.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

    Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

apbt black jack
,
pit bull war posters
,
pit bulls defensivecarry.com
,
pitbull war poster
,

pitbull war posters

,
pitbull war propaganda
,

pitbull ww1

,
propaganda of ww1
,
propaganda ww1 central powers
,
ww1 propaganda dogs
,
wwi pitbull
,
wwi pitbull war time'
Click on a term to search for related topics.