Pitbulls...... - Page 4

Pitbulls......

This is a discussion on Pitbulls...... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by atctimmy Cool post OD. I was not aware of the Pitts rich history. I will no longer hate them. I will now ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Pitbulls......

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Cool post OD. I was not aware of the Pitts rich history. I will no longer hate them. I will now very strongly dislike them.
    I'll still hang with my guilt by association theory modified to say "I hate them in current society".
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post
    Lumping in a bunch of dogs misidentified as Pitts and saying you "hate" them and they should be banned sounds like a very familiar argument against responsible gun ownership, doesn't it?
    Fact: The media lumps all bulldog breeds and several mastiff breeds together as "pit bulls" because "pit bulls" makes the news more sexy. Unethical reporters will lump unrelated breeds as diverse as cane corso mastiffs, presa mastiffs and animals over 100 pounds as "pit bulls".
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Cool post OD. I was not aware of the Pitts rich history. I will no longer hate them. I will now very strongly dislike them.
    That is a start Timmy, ignorance can be educated, I know I have been on many subjects, ignorance is what needs banning. Please, as a board friend I ask you to review these several pages, and then tell me where the hatred should be turned. Official Pit Bull Site of Diane Jessup

Just look at the pictures of the dogs at least, to see how they are treated. I don't care how badly you hate something, NO living creature deserve that.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Gotcha, I was talking about this one comment, "the breed has become far more popular that its ever been" which is incorrect.
    I edited my post to make it a little more clear. And the "history" post was very cool.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I don't single out pits. I lump all fighting breeds together. They are bred for a reason just like any other breed. The best way to put it is my pointer points instinctively, my lab retrieves and swims instinctively, dogs bred to kill.........kill. My grandfather was almost killed as a child by the family "pet". Though it was a Chowchow. I am hyper-vigilant around any dog that resembles a fighting breed and will shoot without hesitation.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Ignorance can go both ways.

Is the point of this thread education or to try and make people like something that they don't currently like? Pushing your agenda on people isn't a good way to go about education - throw the info out there and let people decide, then leave it at that.

The pitbull didn't just get its reputation out of no where, and you don't see people using Schnauzer's for fighting dogs... there is something in their mind that makes them the beast they are all capable of being, whether you love them or not doesn't matter.

Edit: I only single out pitbulls in this thread because that is what the topic is about, there are other breeds that are similar (mentioned earlier, as well as others).

OD*
    Pushing your agenda on people isn't a good way to go about education
    Nobody is pushing an agenda, but seeing you what to be sarcastic, just use a little of the common sense God gave you, if they were inherently human aggressive, they would go after the humans that torture them to get them to fight.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Calling people ignorant because they have chosen not to like a dog is pushing an agenda, you're telling someone they are not right for not believing what you believe.

Administrator
    I told ya'll so.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Before I give my opinion, let me just say that this topic is stale and old... the same arguments have been made over and over, and these threads never end up anywhere useful.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links