Horrified and Embarrassed Walmart Customer Demands that Store Apologize to Her - News

This is a discussion on Horrified and Embarrassed Walmart Customer Demands that Store Apologize to Her - News within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 51 yr old Sandy McMillin went to Walmart on Sunday to buy sour cream, chips and coffee creamer. It was a hot 90 degree temperture ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Horrified and Embarrassed Walmart Customer Demands that Store Apologize to Her - News

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Horrified and Embarrassed Walmart Customer Demands that Store Apologize to Her - News

51 yr old Sandy McMillin went to Walmart on Sunday to buy sour cream, chips and coffee creamer. It was a hot 90 degree temperture day, so she decided to dress very light. She said that only five minutes into her shopping trip while in the clothing aisle, a store employee told her to put on a shirt or leave, saying that her skimpy swimsuit top violated health codes.

"I was horrified," McMillin told news reporters. "I was embarrassed."

McMillin is quite overweight, and has a shaved head. She is also heavily tatooed, and has lots of body piercings as well. She walks with a cane, due to a bad leg injury. She also had a catheter on her that day, which emptied into a bag on her ankle, which was also all in view.

Here is a photo showing how she says that she was dressed that day:

Walmart spokeswoman Ashley Hardie told the press that McMillin is not telling the full story.

She said that a number of customers complained about her, and that McMillin verbally abused a number of people in the store with foul language.

Tell me, if you were this woman, would you also feel so humiliated and hurt by the Walmart staff?

On the other foot, if you were the manager of that Walmart store, what would you have done about the situation, if you had been in charge?? Would you have asked her to leave?

Here is a link to a full news report:

Bikini-clad customer takes issue with Walmart | KVAL CBS 13 - News, Weather and Sports - Eugene, OR | Local & Regional News

This local news story has gone viral, with folks in many states and even other nations offering support for McMillin, claiming that she was a victim of discrimination, and should thus sue Walmart.

2. Remove Ads

I thought that was a man until I read the article....

(Yes, I've seen men dress like that )

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    So that's where all the old pirates move when they retire, Eugene!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    I thought that was a man until I read the article....

(Yes, I've seen men dress like that )
    Especially at Walmart......
    Erick46590 likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Considering the typical "People of Walmart" postings, this is mild. You almost expect to see this type of garbage when you go to Wally World.

If you look like she does while dressing like she did with her pee bag hanging out for the world to see, there is no way on earth you could justifiably claim someone humiliated you.

Personally, were I the manager of Walmart, I would have pulled her aside & said "So are you TRYING to get posted on peopleofwalmart.com or are you just looking to launch a frivolous law-suit for when I tell you to get the hell out of my store?" Anyone who goes out in public looking like the scum that we often see on PoW have no right to complain when people point out how foolish they look.

since someone was kind enough to post it recently & this seems opportune....

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

So she looks scary beyond all belief (To Quote Emperor's New Groove) But still. She's not dressed indecently. If it were a hot chick in a bikini, no one would've complained. The manager should've told the people complaining to pound sand. No different from someone open carrying.... They are not breaking any laws... they just happen to scare some people... Same principle....
    tkruf, Ianator and babarock like this.

Something tells me she would be a great Anti Drinking spokesperson,"Go ahead and get trashed,I'll wake you in the morning sweet cheeks"
    bigdog44, tkruf, 357and40 and 1 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Is that Paul Shaffer of David Letterman?
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Aaaaahhhhhhh! And yuk! OP. Did you have to throw in that picture? Your killing me here! Quick. Water! My eyes burn....
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RRizzo View Post
    So she looks scary beyond all belief (To Quote Emperor's New Groove) But still. She's not dressed indecently. If it were a hot chick in a bikini, no one would've complained. The manager should've told the people complaining to pound sand. No different from someone open carrying.... They are not breaking any laws... they just happen to scare some people... Same principle....
    Whatever...don't even give me that garbage. I don't want to see anyone one wearing a leg bag in public, that's just nasty and yes it could even be a health risk, etc. I don't care how hot she is or is not, I don't want to see her urine bag.

Society makes decency laws. Depending on what community she's living in, wearing a bikini top could very well be considered indecent irrespective of her "hotness" factor.
    Inspector71 and Erick46590 like this.

What happened to 'no shirt, no service'?
    pinklady and Erick46590 like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    There is no way you would catch me at Walmart dressed like this. I think some people try to attract attention to themselves.

Distinguished Member
    Oh my gosh.

I love it that I can go to WM any time any day in any condition and never ever ever be the weirdest (or let's say most unconventional) one in the store. It's very liberating.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    What happened to 'no shirt, no service'?
    That's what I'm saying!

Senior Moderator
    Her little quote of:
    If you don't like the way someone looks, don't look at them.
    .. is a bunch of horse doo-doo.

I'd love to see flashers and streakers make that kind of argument. .. You don't like it? Don't look?!?!

If she was embarrassed she should have considered what she was wearing. In fact, her embarrassment should have started when she looked in the mirror.

I get embarrassed when I go into a dark movie theater with cotton exercise pants on that people MIGHT consider to be pajama bottoms. I was raised with a sense of decency and respect for my body and what I allow other people see... not to mention a respect for my husband. I don't care if I'm "hot" or not.

I don't care if it's legal, it's indecent. Why does everything always have to come down to legalities?! Whatever happened to people saying, "Legal or not, it's just not decent so I'm not going to do it."

That being said I think stores and managers should have ever right to tell indecent people to cover up or leave.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links