Show Us Your Truck - Page 3

Show Us Your Truck

This is a discussion on Show Us Your Truck within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Andriss Attachment 52272 2001 GMC Sonoma - Sold it a couple years ago when the repairs got out of hand. I am ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Show Us Your Truck

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andriss View Post
    Attachment 52272

2001 GMC Sonoma - Sold it a couple years ago when the repairs got out of hand. I am really starting to miss having a truck..
    You're post is making me think that they must've made a lot of duds for a period of time. I have a good friend that used to buy new S/10s and never had any serious problems out of them. His first, an automatic, never gave him any problems. The next one, a standard, had a few clutches go out; but to be fair, he was hard on his trucks...so it stands to reason.

The funny thing is that when he traded his standard S/10 in on a used Sonoma, he had a change of heart. He babied the Sonoma and had more trouble out of that truck than all of the ones he had ever owned. He got the Sonoma because he wanted 4wd so that he could drive it back into the fields to go fishing. From the time he had it, the truck required various misc. repairs. The clincher, however, was when the motor blew up. The truck had low miles so it was really odd for it to have had all of the problems that it had.

So when you say that you traded your Sonoma when the repairs got out of hand, I know what you mean. Its been years ago so I don't remember what all went wrong with it but most of them (from what I can remember) were costly repairs. I'm thinking the 4WD went out of it and it seemed like it had fuel pump issues?

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    OD*, is that an aftermarket or factory tow package?

I'm really needing a hitch on mine. I'm thinking of putting on a Curt Class III hitch. They have a bolt on for the 4Runner with no drilling holes in the frame.
    It's factory, Bark'n. To be honest,I think your 4Runner is the first one I've seen without a hitch. (beautiful Toyota by the way)
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

This thread is killing me! I traded a dodge 1500 I LOVED to get an infiniti QX-56 which is awesome and is actually capable of pulling more, which was one of the reasons I accepted the trade (another baby boy for the wife to transport was the main reason). I was looking at some Dodges yesterday and am counting the days and my savings account till I can get another one. NOTHING like a good truck, and it is all about what it can do for you!

BigJon

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    1989 Chevy Silverado K1500 350 engine 4x4 137,500 miles.

Attachment 52254
    I think this is one of the best truck body styles ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    This thread is killing me! I traded a dodge 1500 I LOVED to get an infiniti QX-56 which is awesome and is actually capable of pulling more, which was one of the reasons I accepted the trade (another baby boy for the wife to transport was the main reason). I was looking at some Dodges yesterday and am counting the days and my savings account till I can get another one. NOTHING like a good truck, and it is all about what it can do for you!

BigJon
    What do you want to get? Another Dodge 1500 or something else?
    Last edited by SIXTO; July 31st, 2011 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    You're post is making me think that they must've made a lot of duds for a period of time. I have a good friend that used to buy new S/10s and never had any serious problems out of them. His first, an automatic, never gave him any problems. The next one, a standard, had a few clutches go out; but to be fair, he was hard on his trucks...so it stands to reason.
    Even though most of the parts on the S10 and Sonoma are interchangable, I think the quality of the S10 is far superior. We had to replace the head gasket, alternator, clutch, tires, and the new buyer had to replace something else just to get thing running. I think I even ended up buying S10 clutch parts for my Sonoma.

My husband and I bought an HHR a few days after the shop told me it would be another $500 to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andriss View Post
    Even though most of the parts on the S10 and Sonoma are interchangable, I think the quality of the S10 is far superior. We had to replace the head gasket, alternator, clutch, tires, and the new buyer had to replace something else just to get thing running. I think I even ended up buying S10 clutch parts for my Sonoma.

My husband and I bought an HHR a few days after the shop told me it would be another $500 to fix it.
    I don't blame you. My friend was fortunate because he had bought a warranty package when he bought his truck. He had a deductible to pay and anything above that, the plan covered it. After you reiterated your problems, if I'm not mistaken, I think my friend also had head gasket problems. This has been awhile ago so I'll have to ask him to verify this but I'm almost wondering if he didn't have two motors blow up? That last part might not be right so please take that with a grain of salt.

Eventually, like you, he got tired of the hassle of having it repaired and I think his warranty package was about to expire when he traded it in.

@DefConGun

I want to get a Dodge 2500, I loved the crew cab as it was enough room for the kids, but the 2500 has a mega cab which is a bit larger. I want it to me all purpose, I camp, fish etc. I was looking at the Outdoorsman model which seems interesting but I have to see it first. I do know the 2500 and mega cab are the 2 significant factors. Got a 3000lb boat we take to the river.

I love the look of the exterior and interior of the Dodge. My wife is in auto insurance fraud investigation and forbade me to get a ford as they are "death traps" according to everything she had seen. Fine by me as I love Dodges.

BigJon

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    @DefConGun

I want to get a Dodge 2500, I loved the crew cab as it was enough room for the kids, but the 2500 has a mega cab which is a bit larger. I want it to me all purpose, I camp, fish etc. I was looking at the Outdoorsman model which seems interesting but I have to see it first. I do know the 2500 and mega cab are the 2 significant factors. Got a 3000lb boat we take to the river.

I love the look of the exterior and interior of the Dodge. My wife is in auto insurance fraud investigation and forbade me to get a ford as they are "death traps" according to everything she had seen. Fine by me as I love Dodges.

BigJon
    I think the outdoorsman has a box built into the bed, is that right? It might be an option on outdoorsmen models so I don't know if all of them have it. The box is made to keep your rifles and fishing gear dry, etc.

Is the box the reason you want the outdoorsman model?

Quote Originally Posted by exdee40 View Post
    Well here is the 06 3/4 ton diesel I had before some gave me a fraudulent cashiers check last week. Now its MIA, so if you happen to see it call your local PD please.
    How did you like it ? Looking at buying one right now, looks like yours (color, diesel, 06, etc) that has the mega cab.
    Last edited by SIXTO; July 31st, 2011 at 12:57 PM.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I would consider not posting license plate numbers on the internet.

We don't have the 2001 in the side drive way anymore, sold it a couple years ago. Still have the 2009 gmc, 2006 silverado, and the old '73 beast where probably only parts of the body are original. I've owned 3 vehicles all have been trucks and unless something drastic happens I don't ever plan on not owning a truck.
    Attached Images
    rhinokrk likes this.

Cool

2007 Dodge RAM 1500 Hemi with a little fluff added.

DSCN0382.jpg
    click image to enlarge......
    TheShadow likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    2007 Dodge RAM 1500 Hemi with a little fluff added.

DSCN0382.jpg
    click image to enlarge......
    Old School, I wouldn't have guessed you to be a "fluff" kinda guy. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    How did you like it ? Looking at buying one right now, looks like yours (color, diesel, 06, etc) that has the mega cab.
    I loved the truck. I was only wanting to get rid of it and get something smaller because I don't have a need for the diesel anymore. Had a few goodies on it to give it a little more power. Its fun to drive and will pull anything you can put behind it. I never had any problems but it only had 57,000 miles on it. The transmissions aren't the greatest but will hold up if you don't torture them and I hear the front end parts wear out around 75,000 so make sure to look for that on your 06.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Old School, I wouldn't have guessed you to be a "fluff" kinda guy. ;-)
    It's "retro" baby. 1955 Dodge side trim styling.

It's a Mark III Custom.

And my wife had a lot to say about it since she drives it everyday to work.

I still drive a Crown Vic.

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/mop...r/55docuro.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links