Show Us Your Truck - Page 5

Show Us Your Truck

This is a discussion on Show Us Your Truck within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Chaplain Scott has more hay bales than me. 01' Chevy Silerado 2500 HD 4x4 with a towing package. 182K miles on it, but it's still ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Show Us Your Truck

Chaplain Scott has more hay bales than me.

01' Chevy Silerado 2500 HD 4x4 with a towing package. 182K miles on it, but it's still going strong. After all, it has a Vortec. I plan to lift it about 3" before hunting season, hopefully. lol.

Here it is parked on the road to the barn, since we had 2 feet of mud down there that day.

My current project. A 1990 Dodge Ram 50. Runs great, but needs a lot of cosmetic work. I hope to have it street legal by winter, and painted by spring.

So what's with all the clean trucks with tiny wheels? Lets see some 35's and 6" lifts! A truck ain't a truck without some mud!
    TheShadow likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    What have you guys got against trees out there in Montana, Spidey? ;-)

With all of the trucks on here with over 100,000 miles, I believe the newer trucks (1990s - Present) must be of a higher quality. Not to bash the older trucks b/c I like some of them as well. I'm just thinking about the old Merle Haggard song though; "I wish a Ford and Chevy would last 10 years like they should."

Well now it appears Fords & Chevys as well as other trucks are lasting longer than they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    What have you guys got against trees out there in Montana, Spidey? ;-)

With all of the trucks on here with over 100,000 miles, I believe the newer trucks (1990s - Present) must be of a higher quality. Not to bash the older trucks b/c I like some of them as well. I'm just thinking about the old Merle Haggard song though; "I wish a Ford and Chevy would last 10 years like they should."

Well now it appears Fords & Chevys as well as other trucks are lasting longer than they used to.
    Trees? What are trees? I have yet to see any of those here. lol. We actually do have a few on the state land next to us, but it's only about an acres worth.

I also have a 1990 F-150 that was rear ended by a semi and has over 150k miles (not sure of the exact mileage, been awhile since I drove it), that runs great. It has some frame damage and runs a bit sideways down the road, but it's as reliable as can be. And it's lifted. I'll get pics of it tomorrow.

AFB
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    You know that yours didn't sit as low in the front as some I have seen. I like the second pic as well. I think I like it better with it sitting even. Is there a reason they come with the nose sitting low from the factory? Is it so the truck won't be too offset if you put a heavy load in the back that makes it squat?

Just curious.
    From what i have heard the reason they do that is for when your towing a trailer the weigh of the trailer brings the truck down to level, which for me is pointless since i have a 03' 2500 to tow my trailers. I have seen it in dodges and fords to but not as drastic as the chevy.

And the leveling kit is made by Ready Lift, its one of the more expensive leveling kits but worth the money because they are super strong, the front leveling kit cost $225 and the rear leveling kit cost $125 and i have a garage install both and in total it took them 3 hrs and a rate of $70 dollars an hour.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    That GMC I posted a few pages back has 261,000 miles on it and has never had any major work, in fact the engine has never been opened other than to change the oil, the spark plugs and the air filter.

My Avalanche has 145,000 on and is in great condition, I drive it everywhere every day.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    That GMC I posted a few pages back has 261,000 miles on it and has never had any major work, in fact the engine has never been opened other than to change the oil, the spark plugs and the air filter.

My Avalanche has 145,000 on and is in great condition, I drive it everywhere every day.
    Yeah, it's more hoe you care for it than how it's built. There are a lot of pre 90's trucks driving around that are completely original. The only thing I've done to that Ford is replace the alternator a few times, and I had to have the U-joints replaced after the accident, but that was no fault of the truck.

My Jeep is due to hit 100K in about 650 more miles. Won't happen too quickly as after my move I have a much shorter drive to work, but I've got a lot of maintenance planned...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

'01 Ranger, 4x4, XLT, 3" body lift, 33x12.50r15 BFG A/T KOs, 4L V6, 190,000 miles and running great

679392734208.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by swood View Post
    '01 Ranger, 4x4, XLT, 3" body lift, 33x12.50r15 BFG A/T KOs, 4L V6, 190,000 miles and running great

679392734208.jpg
    You have my dream truck right there. I've been searching for a decent Ranger around the '00 year for about 3 years now and the few I've found have been run ragged.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    You have my dream truck right there. I've been searching for a decent Ranger around the '00 year for about 3 years now and the few I've found have been run ragged.
    Thanks. I love it, but am ready to get a full size. I don't want to sell this one while it is still worth something and buy a late 80's early 90's Chevy full size or a late 70's full size Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by swood View Post
    Thanks. I love it, but am ready to get a full size. I don't want to sell this one while it is still worth something and buy a late 80's early 90's Chevy full size or a late 70's full size Ford.
    Yeah, I'm looking for something smaller for play. I've got my work trucks covered, but I need something more economical for hunting and fishing. My 2500 gets about 14 mpg if I'm lucky. My Ford gets less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    2007 Dodge RAM 1500 Hemi with a little fluff added.

Attachment 52283
    Looks sweet Old School, love the 55 retro custom paint!
    I'm guessing it was charcoal all over and after the running board install... then the idea to shoot it two/three tone?

I see a lot of GM trucks here so I'll add mine to the mix.

2000 GMC: 4/6 Drop, Roll Pan, Billet Grill, 2008 Silverado LTZ 20" Wheels... etc.

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

This probably doesn't qualify buy my brother spent alot of time cutting/welding this 1933 Dodge Brothers truck up. He found it in the weeds in Eagle Pass, TX where we were contracting at the time. After dragging it 1000 miles home and it waiting a few years to fix it, here "Hecter" is. He has no intention of painting it....as he fixes expensive hotrods for a living. He enjoys this thing every day...drives it everywhere. It is alot of fun and gives folks lots of smiles.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images

2007 Chevrolet 2500HD Classic Duramax/Allison 4x4 with a 1984ish Scrambler 468 BBC/Sm465/dana300/dana60/dana70HD etc. Picture is with 1200-1500 in tools/spares in the bed, 2750lbs trailer, 6500lbs Jeep.
    TheShadow likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by niner View Post
    This probably doesn't qualify buy my brother spent alot of time cutting/welding this 1933 Dodge Brothers truck up. He found it in the weeds in Eagle Pass, TX where we were contracting at the time. After dragging it 1000 miles home and it waiting a few years to fix it, here "Hecter" is. He has no intention of painting it....as he fixes expensive hotrods for a living. He enjoys this thing every day...drives it everywhere. It is alot of fun and gives folks lots of smiles.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    That is awesome. More than once I've thought about building something like that for an every-day driver, but in a small town, it would just draw too much attention. I have to remain 'incognito'.

I love the fact that he left it in rough condition, so that it's still a 'working' truck.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links