An ode to my wife

An ode to my wife

This is a discussion on An ode to my wife within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So as I write this I am sitting here STUFFED with homemade eggplant parmesan made with her homegrown eggplant. A little backstory: I reacently took ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Doodle
  • 1 Post By Doodle
  • 1 Post By atctimmy

Thread: An ode to my wife

An ode to my wife

So as I write this I am sitting here STUFFED with homemade eggplant parmesan made with her homegrown eggplant.

A little backstory: I reacently took a position in the petrolium industry that allows my wife Jaclyn to stay home and raise our now 3 month old daughter Evie. Now this woman has taken on the role of domestic housewife with a FURVOR! Now before I completely sound like a masogenist, this was not my idea. I come home from work (I am in training and am working a normal m-f right now) and the house is always spotless, she has to show me her new piece of landscaping/gardening and dinner is almost ready. I tell her constantly how much I appreciate how much she does and that she doesn't have to. I swear all I do here is mow the lawn which I procrastinate.

Back to the homemade and homegrown eggplant parm...holy crap that was good!

Quote for the day:
    Behind every great man stands a great woman...shaking her head.

Senior Moderator
    Eggplant Parmesan is supposed to induce labor! Of course it didn't work for me with my first but I'm willing to give it a second chance if/when this one decides to be stubborn.

Anyway, you're wife is making me look bad..lol. I'm a "stay-at-home-mom" and can't remember the last time my house was spotless and dinner was on (or near being on) the table when my husband came home from work.

I have an excuse for the house (renovations galore) .. no other excuse than that I hate to cook for the whole dinner thing.

Ahh well.

It always makes me happy to see happy posts about marriage/couples. Good to know they aren't all failing or being cheated on or dissatisfied, etc. Take care of her as she is, looks like, taking care of you!

I am pretty well taken care of.
    limatunes likes this.

VIP Member
    It is a true, true blessing to be able to afford to keep mom a stay at home mom. My wife and I decided that her staying home was going to be the best decision for our family. It was hard to go from two to one income when we had our first child (we now have 3). It is a little hard on the pocketbook sometimes but the benefits greatly outweigh any down side.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member
    Wow.

Congrats! You are a lucky man on several counts.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

I was fortunate enough to marry a better person than me! As our pastor says " happy wife happy life". Enjoy marriage!
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by borglyn View Post
    I was fortunate enough to marry a better person than me! As our pastor says " happy wife happy life". Enjoy marriage!
    The opposite of this is quoted in Proverbs 21:9 Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Did she learn all that while you were underwater??
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It is a true, true blessing to be able to afford to keep mom a stay at home mom.
    I wouldn't trade it for the World. We decided 11 years ago when my Wife was pregnant with our 2nd. We now have 5 and we homeschool (I say we, but I go off to work while she stays home).

Doodle, it sounds like you got yourself a catch there. Hang on to her and honor her daily.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Did she learn all that while you were underwater??
    Nah I met Jaclyn long after I left the navy, I am a blue-nose BTW.

Eggplant Parmesan is supposed to induce labor! Of course it didn't work for me with my first but I'm willing to give it a second chance if/when this one decides to be stubborn
    Doodle if you been diddling she may be trying to tell ya sumpin
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links