Dilbert cartoon (7/31/11) - Be prepared!

This is a discussion on Dilbert cartoon (7/31/11) - Be prepared! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; keep stocking on gold and food but if you don't stock up on guns... well, the guys that stocked up with guns and ammo will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Dilbert cartoon (7/31/11) - Be prepared!

keep stocking on gold and food but if you don't stock up on guns... well, the guys that stocked up with guns and ammo will have your gear and food. this is a truism since the dawn of time.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    My emergency plans are also light on defensive weaponry. All of my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    My emergency plans are also light on defensive weaponry. All of my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident.
    You only really need three.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Dilbert is probably my favorite cartoon. The writer has it down pat! I worked in a "cubicle world" with some idiot managers over the years, although with the federal government rather than in the corporate world. He has been there/seen that/done that, as have I.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    You only really need three.
    I think that was supposed to be a *winkwinknudgenudge* statement.
    Justified likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

If you have food and gold,and I have my weapon,well,guess who will have food and gold!

I had a meeting with a financial planner last month. She stated that to prepare for a crisis, you need: food and water, something to barter with, and the means to defend yourself. I remarked that you could always trade bullets for food. She agreed.

Her husband related an encounter with one of his gun-fearing neighbors who is like Dilbert - almost prepared. When the guy boasted about his food storage, the husband, to make a point, said, "I have guns. Why should I store food when I can take yours?" The guy was speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhawk View Post
    I had a meeting with a financial planner last month. She stated that to prepare for a crisis, you need: food and water, something to barter with, and the means to defend yourself. I remarked that you could always trade bullets for food. She agreed.
    Salt is always good to have for many reasons. Can't eat gold or hide in it or purify water with it. I guess you could smack someone in the head with a big gold bar if you had too.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    Yeah, I lost a whole safe full of guns when it fell of the back of the trailer during the move to my new house. By the time I realized it, and I returned to look where the safe might have fallen off, it was already gone. I did find a broken rocking chair laying in the road so I'm guessing that's where my safe fell off too.

Damn, don't you hate it when stuff like that happens?

Just curious... Why did you have all your guns on a boat? And how many miles off shore were you?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Naufragia View Post
    Awesome.
    (Dilbert shouldn't be bragging about his preps, though.)
    Absolutely right!
    The military uses a layered principle of defense.
    The first layer of defense is always KNOWLEDGE.
    Don't let them know what'cha got!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

hahaha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links