How many threads are YOU subscribed to?

How many threads are YOU subscribed to?

This is a discussion on How many threads are YOU subscribed to? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So. How many threads do you have under your CC belt? I have a whopping 25. I dont subscribe to every thread, I DO auto-subscribe ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How many threads are YOU subscribed to?

So. How many threads do you have under your CC belt? I have a whopping 25. I dont subscribe to every thread, I DO auto-subscribe to any threads I post on, because they are USUALLY of my interest in some way shape or form. However, I do delete some subcriptions if I only had a comment to make and nothing else to add to it.. ie congratulatories , etc. Just a little background on my deal. Im interested to know how many P95, Bud and Bumper have. If you want to leave how you auto-subscribe or dont, delete or dont, or whatever.. Leave it.

S
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

VIP Member
    Hmmm...I just checked mine, and the number is 0

Subscriptions are one of the functions I've never used, and truthfully I don't really know what they are used for
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

a moderator just said that? cough .. cough you are fired! No.. ok.. just kidding, and congrats on your moderator status. Subscriptions are just what they sound like. you 'subscribe' to the thread on topics you are interested in, and it emails you when new posts on it come in. Under any given thread, on top, select thread tools, in the blue bar directly above the original post, click subscribe, and it will notify you by email each time, daily, weekly or however you designate.

S
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member

Assistant Administrator
    Currently 8,331!

TA - you must be more than zero because every time you post in a thread you are subscribed to it!!! You may of course not have email notification.

I subscribe to many, many threads I do not take part in - I feel obliged to most times so as to keep tabs on things but even then - hard to stay on top of everything - the more so now we have grown so huge!

The time will come when I can't keep pace totally but as we have a few more great mods now it helps a bit. Tho I seem to be omnipresent in fact I am on and off thru each day so - still miss some hiccups! Just that my puter only gets rebooted every few days!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Yep...I'm still learning around here. Thanks for the info. Sounds like all those e-mails would be a pain in the posterior
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    I don't have any either.....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Talking

Chris. Im sure you are possibly aware of this, judging from you stating that you only reboot every few days..... You really should reboot once a day. If you knew that .. ok, if you didnt, just a tip.

-added. Ok.. that was the probably the dumbest post I have made so far. He is a moderator with 12,000+ posts. Im sure he's well aware.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I have no idea .... howeaver i typicaly will post to a thread only as long as its " fresh " . I have never ( on this board ) subscribed by taking action , if it auto subscribes well then that is diff lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Assistant Administrator
    You really should reboot once a day
    FL guy - If you saw my setup you might realize why I do not do it as a matter of course!

I have so much on the system - like millions and millions of files - all inside 300G of store - and 2 external 160G drives for backup. My boot time is quite long with all I run - and with some tools I have I can keep things vital for ages.

My puter is work and play - and has dozens of app's - often many running concurrently - I have pretty much fine tuned such that reboots really not too necessary as a daily routine. My one bette noire is a situation that occurs now and again where CPU goes to 100% use for no easily defined reason - combination of browser/firewall/ and i think too the darned MS.NET Broadcast deal.

I slowly close stuff down when that occurs and reboot then. I guess twice a week is about average.
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    As the fourth moderator to post on this thread, I can tell you that my total is 0. I am a reference librarian and I like doing things for myself. I am a constant checker and have an excellent memory so I can usually remember where I have been and what is of interest. Besides that as a moderator I need to check in on almost all threads so I just look at everything.

We have you outnumbered so far, Chris.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Lead Moderator
    2573. Opps ,should add 1 more.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    That's a personal question. There are a couple of topics that I have marked because there are somethings I don't know and at the time I can't do anything about the topic until later or I could continually use such as how to use a wetstone to sharpen a knife. The total number I subscribe to is around thirty
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Administrator

I have my user CP set up so that I DO NOT receive E-mail notifications of threads that I am subscribed to.
    I would be swamped with E-mail Notifications every day & I need my computer to be set up to save all of my old & read mail.

So I just jump on & check new posts and any threads that interest me first. Then a visual look of recent subscribed threads.

Then I start manually looking back at threads that are either hot, emotional topics, or potentially "hot button" problematic to see who needs to get banished from the forum.

So in case you all are wondering WHY I do not respond to some comments or questions right away (even those in my own threads) that is why.
    I need my 'puter to be set up the way it is.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Count me in with the 0 crowd. I usally, log in, click new posts and start reading in the order they show up.
    Curry

Assistant Administrator
    One plus of subscription and email notification is if someone asks for more info after a post - it is often going to be missed if no way to tell the thread's responses and so no chance to answer.

I keep a specific folder for notifications - and it does help to follow threads of particular interest.
    Chris - P95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links