Just curious about the paticipants in this forum - Page 4

Just curious about the paticipants in this forum

This is a discussion on Just curious about the paticipants in this forum within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'll be 69 this year and still make love almost every night. Yep, that's right, almost Monday, almost Tuesday, almost Wednesday, almost......

View Poll Results: What is your age?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 20

1 0.37%
  • 20 to 30

44 16.48%
  • 30 to 40

47 17.60%
  • 40 to 50

57 21.35%
  • 50 to 60

70 26.22%
  • 60+

48 17.98%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Just curious about the paticipants in this forum

I'll be 69 this year and still make love almost every night. Yep, that's right, almost Monday, almost Tuesday, almost Wednesday, almost...

I will soon be 55.

My birthday is actually on Sep. 11th. so it is difficult to forget it these days.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just turned 26 on the 1st of this month.

JoJoGunn that's my best friend's birthday as well. You're right about it being hard to forget that birth date.

I am 71

Come ON sixtys plus.....

three more and we can beat those young "whiopper-snappers".

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    In other words...you mean when you're under the grass?
    You got it!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I'm 39... for the 15th time!

(that's 54 for those of you who flunked math)
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 640girl View Post
    admittedly I don't act my age, 47. Interesting poll.
    It's important that one doesn't...at a certain point!

"Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I'm 51, and Hotguns, I wish I had written your first two paragraphs. Although I'd only take two at a time, and I'd probably use treachery a lot more in a fight. I grew up on a farm and hard work was just the way it was done. Dad's brother was a real estate agent, so when we didn't work at the farm, we built spec houses to sell. A hard days work today does not effect me nearly as bad as most of the younger crew I work around. My dad is 85 and still puts in a full day around the farm. Puts me to shame.
    "Come Watson, the game is afoot!"

I'm 21, but I've been a member here since I was 19.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I am 52, and have been there, seen the elephant and stepped in the poo.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

I can still outfight,outhink,outcuss,outshoot and outclass people half my age. I appreciate fine wine,old guns, straight shooting, the truth and a smart woman, although I'm begginging to appreciate sharp brains more than sharp looks. I'm still looking for great gun deals, honest laywers and politicians that dont speak with a forked tongue...

LOL, I think I heard some of these lines in the 'Jeremiah Johnson' movie.....

Dang, I'm 60 now. I still can't believe it. Time flies - - - and it's flying by faster every year. Very scary.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I'm 69, which is nice as I never thought I would live this long. I have enjoyed almost all of it. I have raised a couple good kids, played cowboys and indians at Fort Apache (the west coast one), caught white sea bass and speared halibut in Mexico, climbed Mt Whitney in the winter and El Cap in the summer, rode bikes on the street and dirt bikes in desert, hunted and killed rabbits to elk, done major home remodeling projects and enjoyed the companionship and love of two wonderful wives. I don't know that I could ask for much more. While age is winning the battle, I can still put a bullet in a target at 3 yds from concealment in under a second and can drop and give 25 on command. Life is good.

I enjoy the interaction of the forum and the decorum of most participants. If I can from time to time provide some useful tidbit, I am grateful to be able to do so.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Old enough for some of the parts to wear out. Young enough to do the work needed to achieve full function after parts were replaced. Steel, titanium and polymer... no MIM parts, lol!

53 til december and with the injuries i have feel like i'm 90
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links