CCW in Horror Films

CCW in Horror Films

This is a discussion on CCW in Horror Films within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was thinking the other day about how short some horror movies would be if the "victims" were CCW carriers. This excludes the supernatural, aliens ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CCW in Horror Films

CCW in Horror Films

I was thinking the other day about how short some horror movies would be if the "victims" were CCW carriers.
    This excludes the supernatural, aliens and the monsters.

Psycho ... Crazy man vs. 9mm? Done. (This is a tribute to those who carry in the shower)
    Scream ... man in mask with knife vs. .40 S&W. Series over at Scream 1
    I Know What You Did Last Summer ... Fishing hook vs. .45? over.
    The Texas Chain Saw Massacre ... Chainsaw vs .357? no contest.

Am I missing any?
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Well, their SA is nonexistent, they don't even know to "NOT GO OUT THERE"!
    thephanatik and joker1 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Well, you wouldn't have much of a movie then.

Though I will admit, I'm always thinking, if you had a firearm on your person or in your home, you wouldn't be in this pickle.

Then again, I would crack up if a movie built up to the suspenseful "gotcha" scene, then abruptly ended with a bang. Ha!

My favorite is when the good guy/girl in a movie knocks out the BG and dosen't take his/her gun...but just runs.....never could figure that one out!
    joker1 and thephanatik like this.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Have you seen the movie Vacancy where the people have a hole in the bathroom under the rug where they get into the room and kill people. I was talking to my girlfriend and told her "What guy dosnt carry a knife even a small 3 inch one" Because theres a scene where the guy comes out of the floor and they scream in horrow, my girlfriend said why not break the mirror and use a sharp peice to stab the guy.

My first thought

"EXACTLY!!"
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    My favorite is when the good guy/girl in a movie knocks out the BG and dosen't take his/her gun...but just runs.....never could figure that one out!
    This got me thinking of an episode of the last season of "24." When they are trying to rescue the president of the IRK (and seconds counted as they thought he was going to be executed literally any second), Bauer takes out a bad guy then wastes almost a minute trying to disable his weapon. I was thinking the whole time "just stick it in your waistband and keep moving!"

I did have a script for my version of "The South Carolina Chain Saw Massacre." Here it is, in it's entirity:

(Chain saw wielding bad guy appears, revs chain saw).
    Hero: Oh boy. Here we go. (Draws weapon and fires 5 shots center mass)

Roll end credits.
    localgirl and DamnitBob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Have you seen the movie Vacancy where the people have a hole in the bathroom under the rug where they get into the room and kill people. I was talking to my girlfriend and told her "What guy dosnt carry a knife even a small 3 inch one" Because theres a scene where the guy comes out of the floor and they scream in horrow, my girlfriend said why not break the mirror and use a sharp peice to stab the guy.

My first thought

"EXACTLY!!"
    One of the first practical things I learned about self defense was that in the right circumstances, anything can be used as a weapon. If I can reach it, I can use it to cut, smash, poke, slice, or otherwise maim. I find myself analyzing those things in movies all the time. But, again, it wouldn't be very exciting if those characters actually listened to our advice!
    Spade115 likes this.

Panic room: Home invaders vs. 12-gauge = over
    SAW: SA + .40 vs. creepy guy = series over
    Dawn of the Dead: .40 + big Jeep vs. zombies = home + 12-gauge - winner TBD
    28 days later: see above
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

How about the episode of 'High Incident' when the home invasion crew hit a stash house of gunrunners...that ended well for both sides.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Panic room: Home invaders vs. 12-gauge = over
    SAW: SA + .40 vs. creepy guy = series over
    Dawn of the Dead: .40 + big Jeep vs. zombies = home + 12-gauge - winner TBD
    28 days later: see above
    SAW not so much, if you remember he drugged them then tied em up, however had the SA been up like you said, movie over even without gun
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    localgirl and WonderBra like this.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Horror flicks are fiction...

Fiction...

I'd be terrible in a horror flick.

Especially one about a guy traveling who stops at a motel.

They would have the hidden camera on in the motel room as they were messing with my car...and when they see me pull out a power bar, bottle of water and snap togther the AR which was in my suitcase, load it and put 2 spare mags on the bed next to it, laying out the body armor, 2 more glock mags and a spare pistol, then turn on the TV to watch Food Network before crashing to go to sleep...

The guys who were gonna mess with the sucker in room 20 end up repairing the car, installing a new timing belt, changing the transmission fluid and putting new tires on the car.

All in order to make sure that I don't stick around more than I have to.

When the I wake up, take the AR into the bathroom for a fast shower (its a motel, you would too...) then put everything away and go to pay the bill, I find "It's covered..."
    l1a1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    She shot from the hip, and isn't that attractive.

Still, all in all, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

Ya know, anytime I see stuff like that on TV, "mostly in the news though" I do kinda say to myself that, that would most likely have had a different outcome if the person had been armed.. Kinda sad in a lot of cases, but ya can't carry the weight of the world around on one's shoulder's for very long... I just hope that when others see the carnage that can and does take place out there, they wise up and take the necessary precaution to either arm themselves, or avoid similar situations at a minimum..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Ya'll got it all wrong. We're talkin' hollywood here. Any movie which features a character described as a person who legally carries a concealed firearm would portray that character as the mass-murdering, unstoppable, deviant villian and would probably have it happen in a school so they could really get their idea across.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links