Sons of Guns meets OCC

Sons of Guns meets OCC

This is a discussion on Sons of Guns meets OCC within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wasn't a huge fan of this show to begin with, but I've still TIVO'ed it and kept up just because I like just about ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By gottabkiddin
  • 2 Post By HotGuns

Thread: Sons of Guns meets OCC

VIP Member

Sons of Guns meets OCC

I wasn't a huge fan of this show to begin with, but I've still TIVO'ed it and kept up just because I like just about anything that has to do with guns, and they do neat stuff occasionally (such as the suppressed AK).

How I managed to sit through an hour of them defacing an M1919 by chroming it, and then painting a horrendous dragon down the sides, then mounting it on motorcycle handlebars, with the break lever as the firing mechanism, while Paul Jr. and his idiot crew pranced about, I will never know. I feel scarred, and that I'm somehow now less of a man for watching it.

Never again.

Oh, it was entertaining. Plus we got to see Paul Jr's wife in a tight shirt and all three of them shooting guns, having fun, and no one died. The show proabably helped both shows and could bring more fans and interest to both fields (I DVR Sons of Guns and used to watch American Chopper, but no longer watch AC). To be honest I kinda liked the pimped out M1919 (not what they chose for a trigger whatzit), but it woulda been better if they just mounted it to the handle bars af a Red Jacket themed cycle and modified a sidecar to carry the ginormous belt of bullets.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    ... To be honest I kinda liked the pimped out M1919 .....
    Gah! Sacrilege! A Chinese dragon on a M1919!? JMB will come back to set things right.
    joker1 likes this.

Sounds like I'm glad I missed it....
    Gforty likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Gah! Sacrilege! A Chinese dragon on a M1919!? JMB will come back to set things right.
    Whatever it takes to bring back JMB! I was more a sucker for the chrome than the paint but it looked good for a pretty gun.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Look at the bright side,most people would think it was a toy gun cause it looked kinda lika a toy until they pulled the "clutch" lever,It was mounted on the brake lever side.since both shows air on the same station,it's all about money,the more viewers the more sponsors and more money
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    So... You are shocked that discovery channel would merge 2 of their own shows to get some ratings?

Senior Moderator
    It's supposed to be "entertainment". It's not meant to be a documentary of how things should be done.

Radical gunmakers meet radical motorcycle makers...whats not to like?

I get a kick out of watching it...but I know that its scripted for TV, so I dont take it too serious.
    packinnova and joker1 like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It's supposed to be "entertainment". It's not meant to be a documentary of how things should be done.

Radical gunmakers meet radical motorcycle makers...whats not to like?

I get a kick out of watching it...but I know that its scripted for TV, so I dont take it too serious.
    Same here. I've watched both a few times with the understanding that it is on TV and therefore not to be taken too seriously...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Links