Trying to find a city.

This is a discussion on Trying to find a city. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know with all the members on the forum that there is a vast amount of experience here. I know some of you are well ...

Thread: Trying to find a city.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Trying to find a city.

I know with all the members on the forum that there is a vast amount of experience here. I know some of you are well traveled, so I am hoping you could help me.

I am looking, any where in the world, for a city named Theory. I want to move there because everything works in Theory.

Any help?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I suggest that you ask an engineer. Engineers have alluded to a gulf between Theory and Reality. The engineers' greatest fear is that what doesn't work in Theory will work in Reality.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    I suggest that you ask an engineer. Engineers have alluded to a gulf between Theory and Reality. The engineers' greatest fear is that what doesn't work in Theory will work in Reality.
    Long time ago I heard it said that two things that can fly were proved not to be aerodynamically possible - bumble bees and the C-124 transport.

As to the city in question, I couldn't find any such in Google Earth. Even if it did exist, and everything did work there, some politicians would show up and start gumming up the works.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I would like to move to tomorrow, because they have all the good stuff that I have to wait for.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    I would like to move to tomorrow, because they have all the good stuff that I have to wait for.
    In Theory you can have them today.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    You could always buy some land and start your own town, you could name it anything you want to then.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You could always buy some land and start your own town, you could name it anything you want to then.
    Theoretically at least.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You could buy an island then declare war on the US and when you lose request foreign aid to rebuild and upgrade your standard of living like they did in the movie “The Mouse That Roared”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Well, since we are asking. I'm looking for Sample.

I just want a picture in front of the town sign that says, "Welcome, your in Sample."
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Long time ago I heard it said that two things that can fly were proved not to be aerodynamically possible - bumble bees and the C-124 transport.
    Bumblebees can fly; they just cannot glide.

(B.E.E., Cornell, 64)

Links