CCW Advertising

CCW Advertising

This is a discussion on CCW Advertising within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There have been threads devoted to CCW badges, gun T-shirts, and bumper stickers. Here is a new one I saw today on the way to ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By rammerjammer
  • 3 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By Civil_Response

Thread: CCW Advertising

VIP Member

CCW Advertising

There have been threads devoted to CCW badges, gun T-shirts, and bumper stickers. Here is a new one I saw today on the way to the gunshow. I was behind a car that had a license plate that read “ICARYDOU”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I just don't get those who want to advertise that they carry like they're going to score cool points.

Concealed means concealed.
    claude clay and RemMod597 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    And here I thought I was clever.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Administrator
    All I will say is:

"DUM2DOIT"
    RMS, atctimmy and Justified like this.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    There have been threads devoted to CCW badges, gun T-shirts, and bumper stickers. Here is a new one I saw today on the way to the gunshow. I was behind a car that had a license plate that read “ICARYDOU”.
    Yes, but you'll have to do something real stupid to find out!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

You will find out I carry when its to late...

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Because maybe they Open Carry?

Acting before putting mind in gear...

I agree +1
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Eh, whatever - to each their own. I wouldn't do it, I don't even put NRA stickers on my car/house (I did however put one on the windshield of my golf cart).

Is he hurting anyone?

It's a way of expressing his rights, so be it. Who knows, maybe he's disabled and doing whatever he can to deter criminals. Everyone has their shoes to walk in, I try to stay in my own if at all possible.

I don't believe in advertising to the world that I own guns or that I carry. To me, that just makes you and your house/car/truck a target for thieves!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said I AM A CHRISTIAN AND I CARRY A GUN. Now I don't know if either of those are true and I don't care. Was I supposed to get upset or something because he stuck that on his bumper? What am I missing here?
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I would be willing to bet that 99.9% of the population wouldn't even get it. This is a very subtle way of communicating with other gun enthusiasts, I suspect. I seriously doubt the soccer mom in the Suburban behind him would have any idea what that meant. I mean, even if it were spelled out in plain English, "I Carry, Do You?" I still suspect the vast majority would have no idea what it means.. "Carry? Carry what?"

In which case I suspect the sheer fact that you noticed puts you into the small group who the plate was targeted for.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said I AM A CHRISTIAN AND I CARRY A GUN. Now I don't know if either of those are true and I don't care. Was I supposed to get upset or something because he stuck that on his bumper? What am I missing here?
    Brings a whole new meaning to BUG, dunnit?
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Links