Top Shot Competion

Top Shot Competion

This is a discussion on Top Shot Competion within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Have any of y'all watched Top Shot on the History channel? I have watched several of he episodes in both seasons and I LOVE that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Top Shot Competion

Top Shot Competion

Have any of y'all watched Top Shot on the History channel? I have watched several of he episodes in both seasons and I LOVE that show. There are phenomenal feats of marksmanship every episode, and it is really cool to see what they come up with. Admittedly I fast forward through a lot of it to get to the shooting parts. The new season premiere is tonight and my DVR is ready.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Just turned it on. Hopefully, less social drama this season.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I hear you. That's why I fast forward to the shooting parts. I don't really go for all the social drama, but the shooting competitions are usually pretty cool.

I tried to watch it, but all the fake drama made me stop. It was at best 5mins of shooting for an hour of my time and 20min of commercials crammed in there. And after you've seen the interesting shot once or twice, 8 more times doesn't make it anymore interesting, just like a joke doesn't get funnier the more it's repeated.

Would much much rather see "Guns of the world" on every week with episodes added than the reality tv crap, I did get the long gun bug again when they had several Sniper documentaries on. I find I've been watching a lot more Smithsonian channel (lacking on the Guns but some good WWII stuff recently) as Discovery, TLC and History have all faded away from their original programming.

Glock Certified Armorer

It is much better when you DVR it and can ff thru all the bs.

I watched season 1 and it was pretty good.

Although, I think watching Lock n' Load with R Lee Emery is far more entertaining. That dude just yells everything and has such a funny way of saying things. Plus, you get to learn about the history of equipment/guns.

I watched it tonight,and instead of half the shooters being military or former military they seemed to pair people up kinda like 2 LEO's 2 former military,2 younger guys that shoot competition level etc.
    I don't think you will see the Cliquish military type of crap from the last season
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I love that show. Wish I could be half as good as any of them.

I like that show. Saw all of both first and second seasons. The second season did have a lot of social drama in it that was not necessary, however still a good show. I think season 3 will be better. I usually don't get to watch it on TV because of my schedule, but I catch the episodes online. As long as you watch them within the week before the next episode airs, otherwise you'll miss it because they don't keep all the episodes uploaded for viewing throughout the entire duration of the season.

I'm looking forward to season 3.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Love the show and even auditioned. (though I pulled my audition...too much to ask of my family) Watched the first episode of season 3 and not overly impressed. Part of the fun of the show is the personalities, and this season seems awfully bland. We shall see! I loved the shooting competition in the first episode.

And the only way to watch any TV is with a DVR and the ability to skip commercials...
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I watched the first two seasons, but missed last night. Hope to catch a rerun (nice thing about History, Discover, etc. channels--they show the programs several times during the week). Unfortunately, I don't have a DVR. Probably should get one. I hope they don't have as much "drama" this season! I want to see the shooting, not a bunch of drama queens! I didn't mind the cliqueishness of the military guys last season as much as I minded the "know it all" golf pro dude who wouldn't listen to anyone else and refused to listen to the instructions given by the "pros". I was amazed he lasted as long as he did! Hope this season is better.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I watched the first season, planned on watching the second but there just wasn't enough shooting in the first season. I hate all the house drama crap. I have season 2 on my hard drive and yeah I could fast forward through all that stuff but I'm lazy and don't want to work to see 15 minutes of shooting in a 40 minute show.

Watched for the first time last night. Was pretty good I thought except for the forementioned drama stuff. Cool to see all the different weapons they get to shoot, that 500 mag looks wicked !! Deffinitly something you would have to add to the DVR though. Wonder if previous seasons are on Netflix?
    TC

I like the shooting like most of you said i think they could prolly get 3 more shooting competitions into each episode if they didnt have all the bs in them. the only way i watch most shows is the next day so i can skip commercials

DVR is possibly one of the neatest inventions out there in electronic entertainment. Love it. I am gonna watch Top Shot tonight at my leisure because of it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links