Quick rant about gun deals - Page 2

Quick rant about gun deals

This is a discussion on Quick rant about gun deals within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sometimes those great deals people think they got turn out to be not so great,I've seen people buy guns from private sellers,and later find out ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quick rant about gun deals

Sometimes those great deals people think they got turn out to be not so great,I've seen people buy guns from private sellers,and later find out they were home gunsmithed and won't function right.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have been on the other side of this deal. While married to my first wife I sold a couple of Ruger revolvers for cheep when we were really strapped for cash. Thought I sold them to a friend but when times got better he wouldn't sell them back even for a profit........oh well, guess you live and learn and just pray your luck changes.
    "If 10% is good enough for Jesus, it ought to be enough for Uncle Sam" Ray Stevens

VIP Member
    I bought a Sigma 9mm from a guy I work with; $180.00 with five mags, original case and all.

My boy bought a Savage 300 Win. mag from a co-wotker for $200.00, w/case box of shells, topped with a 3x10-44 Simmons. (yeah scopes not that good but it works)

Right place, right time.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I've only come across one in the years I have been buying. I found someone selling a Springfield XD9 sub compact with all original equipment, $250 custom slide work and after market trijicon night sites. $300 Crimson Trace laser grip, 2 extra extended mags, IWB Holster and 120 rounds of GoldDot ammo all for the low low price of $450. I bought it that day and the best thing was it worked.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Third President of the United States

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Another one today. Relative opening gun store got his first shipment in. Among them is something I gave for my wish list. Dan Wesson VBOB. Looks like I'll be picking that up soon near wholesale cost.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    another one today. Relative opening gun store got his first shipment in. Among them is something i gave for my wish list. Dan wesson vbob. Looks like i'll be picking that up soon near wholesale cost.
    you *******! You know i was looking and envying that dan wesson vbob

ETA: My original text was a bit more capitalized and expressive. The DC auto-editing system saved me from regretting my original post.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderBra View Post
    you *******! You know i was looking and envying that dan wesson vbob

ETA: My original text was a bit more capitalized and expressive. The DC auto-editing system saved me from regretting my original post.
    I think I got the point and I feel your emotion. :)
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links