Quick rant about gun deals

This is a discussion on Quick rant about gun deals within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, why does this Never happen to me?!?! My buddy comes over and he just bought an OD green glock 17 with 4 mags, paddle ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quick rant about gun deals

Quick rant about gun deals

OK, why does this Never happen to me?!?!
    My buddy comes over and he just bought an OD green glock 17 with 4 mags, paddle holster, 200 rounds of 9mm including some Hornady SD rounds for.... $375.

I almost died. Seriously? Why do these deals never find me? This guy doesn't even know what he just got. I tried to explain that he just STOLE that's from his friend.

Anyhow, I put this in off topic because it has no relevant meaning to anything. I just get worked up over stuff!

Posted via Tapatalk for the HTC Evo.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You just have to be in the right place at the right time, as an example some time back I picked a S&W M-19 2 for $365 and a Colt Det Spec for $189. Just keep looking the good buys are out there.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    You're not alone. Somebody has to be the chump that pays top dollar, and I figure that's my role in life.

The best I ever did was $500 for a used but pristine PM9.

I want to be there when there is a real deal on a Dan Wesson or a Baer 1911.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    not to rub it in, but I obtained a Stainless Steel Series 80 Colt Government model manufactured in the mid 80's......for free. Sorry, I just had to.
    WonderBra likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member
    The key to the good deal is to have cash. You can always find a great deal if you have the cash ready to go. Have money and patience and the deals will come.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    OK, why does this Never happen to me?!?!
    My buddy comes over and he just bought an OD green glock 17 with 4 mags, paddle holster, 200 rounds of 9mm including some Hornady SD rounds for.... $375.

I almost died. Seriously? Why do these deals never find me? This guy doesn't even know what he just got. I tried to explain that he just STOLE that's from his friend.

Anyhow, I put this in off topic because it has no relevant meaning to anything. I just get worked up over stuff!

Posted via Tapatalk for the HTC Evo.
    You and I must be from the same mold...I never run into anything like that. I just always seem to hear about it after the fact.
    Oh well..."day late and a dollar short".
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    The key to the good deal is to have cash. You can always find a great deal if you have the cash ready to go. Have money and patience and the deals will come.
    atctimmy is 100% right. There are deals everyday. You just have to be ready to jump on it. If this means clearing your credit card or having the cash available, the opportunity will come. Unless you're deadguy and get a gun for free.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderBra View Post
    actimmy is 100% right. There are deals everyday. You just have to be ready to jump on it. If this means clearing your credit card or having the cash available, the opportunity will come. Unless you're deadguy and get a gun for free.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

The cash part is where I seam to be missing it!

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I have a buddy whose greeting to other humans is, "how ya doing? Got anything to sell or trade?" NO JOKE. He always runs on to some schmuck who needs the money and will sell for cash at obscenely low prices. His continuous use of this phrase has him the proud owner of THREE gun safes overflowing with guns. He has a VERY small percentage of money invested in them compared to what they are actually worth. He also has about $8000 in "boot" cash from various trades, saved up that his wife knows absolutely nothing about.

I never have cash when I run on to this stuff on the VERY rare occasion that I do find one.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Neighbor passed away and his widow was disposing of his stuff. She asked my dad if he wanted the old broken Ithaca 12 guage. It was broken because there was a hole in the bottom. ;) Dad took it of course. Unfortunately, my brother got it when Dad passed away. Sometimes it happens.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Luck of the draw.

Sometimes you just wanna be one of the lucky ones!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    not to rub it in, but I obtained a Stainless Steel Series 80 Colt Government model manufactured in the mid 80's......for free. Sorry, I just had to.
    I'm sorry, but I hate you now. Just on principle. ..I want a free gun...
    -----------------------------
    Best gun deal I've gotten was a Remingtong Nitro-Mag 887, in the black/tactical finish. $500 MSRP, got it from a buddy who needed cash- I traded him a couple XBox games, and $120.
    Got a great deal on my Honda; '82 Accord LX 5 speed, NADA had it listed at $1600, I paid $750.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Just have to be in the right place at the right time and know how to negotiate. IIRC I paid a grand total of $250 for my old Colt MarkIV Series 70 according to the way back machine currently in a food induced comatose state resting in my melon.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links