First visit to Arizona

This is a discussion on First visit to Arizona within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [QUOTE=MotorCityGun;2001774]Was there in the PHX area visiting family a little over a month ago. Don't let anyone tell you "but it's a dry heat". If ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First visit to Arizona

[QUOTE=MotorCityGun;2001774]Was there in the PHX area visiting family a little over a month ago. Don't let anyone tell you "but it's a dry heat". If you're from MN, be prepared for HOT. Hint: don't touch anything made out of metal during the day.

I went to school in N phoenix and everybody was like its a dry heat but when its 105 it does not matter it is still hot haha. when my dad came down to visit he had to go get something out of his car and didnt put shoes on and when he hit the blacktop i dont think i have ever seen a 400lb guy run so fast in my life got blisters on his feet and everything
    MotorCityGun likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I will take 115 and < 20% humidity any day of the week and all day on sunday than 90+ with 75+ % humidity

VIP Member
    I remember doing a software demo down in Phoenix, and my idiot sales rep forgot to pick me up afterwards. I walked over a mile in 105 degree heat back to my hotel in a suit.

I never broke a sweat.

AZ rocks.

I was already on post at the museum. My father in law is stationed down here. Its a nice relaxing vacation so far, cloudy most of the time so it is staying cooler out. It should be cool out tomorrow too for shooting!

Matthew
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Kahnkem View Post
    I was already on post at the museum. My father in law is stationed down here. Its a nice relaxing vacation so far, cloudy most of the time so it is staying cooler out. It should be cool out tomorrow too for shooting!

Matthew
    Head over to Bisbee and Tombstone, some real history at those places.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Head over to Bisbee and Tombstone, some real history at those places.....
    Agreed, I'm in Sierra Vista right now and it's great around here. Bisbee & Tombstone are awesome, bring a good holster and enjoy some open carry freedom.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnkem View Post
    I am in Sierra Vista right now, visiting my father in law. It didn't get that hot today at all, it was 90 for a little bit, but stayed around 80. We are going out friday hopefully and doing a whole day of shooting :)
    Sierra Vista, best kept secret in America. If I remember right, it's about 3000+ feet. Perfect year round and the foothills are incredible. Come visit us in the winter. You'll never go back North!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links