First visit to Arizona

This is a discussion on First visit to Arizona within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife and I are visiting Arizona for a week. Just a nice get away from work and the stress of both our jobs! We ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First visit to Arizona

First visit to Arizona

My wife and I are visiting Arizona for a week. Just a nice get away from work and the stress of both our jobs! We are going to go to Phoenix and Tucson for some sight, and go out with my father in law to a shooting range in the middle of the desert, it should be fun! Maybe even a few pics to follow in my album. I may even carry down here, seeing as it is a constitutional carry state and my permit is honored down here as well.

Matthew
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Have a good trip never been to Arizona myself hope its not too hot

It's hot. Drink a LOT of water.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Was there in the PHX area visiting family a little over a month ago. Don't let anyone tell you "but it's a dry heat". If you're from MN, be prepared for HOT. Hint: don't touch anything made out of metal during the day.

BTW, flew Delta down with my EDC, holster, mags, box of ammo and folding knives packed in checked on luggage...no problemo. If you do search about transporting on airlines, you'll find a lot of good info related to this topic.

Look up Brownie for a shooting lesson.

Its is cooler here in AZ than it is back home in MN. Lately the temp has been 100 and 85% humidity, AZ is a break from it, it 80 right now. MN may be super cold in the winter, but the summers are brutal, we know hot!

Matthew

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Come on down and have some fun! Lots of desert to shoot in and gun-friendly as all get out. :)
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Where are you at that its 80? Everything I have says 105.

Prescott flag eastern az

I am in Sierra Vista right now, visiting my father in law. It didn't get that hot today at all, it was 90 for a little bit, but stayed around 80. We are going out friday hopefully and doing a whole day of shooting :)

Administrator
    Have fun.

I remember my first trip to AZ well. I was a mosquito wing at 17, about to turn 18, and jumped on a cargo route to Phoenix. Growing up in the farm country mid west, I've never had been to the desert. I remember getting off the plane to have a look around and feeling like I ended up on Mars. Everything look so foreign and different around me. I never had been in such a landscape. It was very beautiful. The mountains and odd colors... reds and oranges instead of green and brown.

Anyway, before I get off on some story telling tangent, enjoy your trip.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Kahnkem View Post
    I am in Sierra Vista right now, visiting my father in law. It didn't get that hot today at all, it was 90 for a little bit, but stayed around 80. We are going out friday hopefully and doing a whole day of shooting :)
    My army girl is stationed there..... Go have a look at the Museum on base... also stop by the haunted restaurant for a meal...

While in Phoenix stop by Dillon Precision in Scottsdale, If you go to Tucson stop by the aircraft museum and bone yard, also check and see if they have a gun show running they do some nice ones, hit Bisbee, and Tombstone, and do not shoot any cacti!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

That makes sense, I misread your original post and thought you were strictly in phoenix.

We're having a little cool spell, under 105 until Saturday.

SV isn't far from the border... if you're out in the desert, watch your six.

Treat yourself to an early hike or walk in the desert... the desert smells like nothing else, and the sunrise is pretty impressive.

Enjoy your visit!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Have fun throughout Arizona. I am from Mesa but am stationed in Texas now. I am home on leave, getting married in Holbrook (NE ARIZONA ) on Saturday. Any questions feel free to ask, been in the valley 12 years now

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links