What is This Whole Zombie Thing??

This is a discussion on What is This Whole Zombie Thing?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Want the Government definition? "Zombie" means the typical welfare recipient that is totally dependent on others for their very survival. They are often multi generation,have ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What is This Whole Zombie Thing??

Senior Moderator
    Want the Government definition?

"Zombie" means the typical welfare recipient that is totally dependent on others for their very survival.
    They are often multi generation,have little to no skills, vote for whoever promises them more freebies,and have at most a ninth grade education.
    Right wingers call them "cannon fodder types", left wingers call them "constituents", and politicians call them "easy votes" because they are too stupid to think for themselves.

and NO, I aint making this up...
    Stubborn and nerdyvirgin like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Zombies...

People with NO preparation when the SHTF. People that you'll have to shoot just to survive.

JD
    Administrator
    The best reason for "zombie" scenarios is that it's a method to prepare for certain situations while maintaining political correctness and the ability to "laugh it off".

Administrator
    The very first Zombie "undead" killing game was DEANIMATOR.
    I guess it's an "antique" game now according to the computer/Internet time scale.

Very Simple - Put your curser on their heads and click...most of them will die with one shot...some need more than one...it gets MUCH tougher as you move up to successive stages. If you're good you can put down the revolver & pick up the shotgun.

Try to get them ASAP or you'll get your head and spine pulled out of your body and they will rip your doggone arm off and beat you with it.

I've not played it in a couple of years. Play It. It's addictive.

Here you go.

Bum Lee / De-Animator

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I know why we talk about zombies here on the forums. If the zombie apocalypse was to come, we would be prepared to ...do what needs to be done. What I don't understand is all of these "Pro-Zombie" or just "Zombie" or "Anti-Zombie" bumper stickers that I keep seeing. Yesterday I saw a big black and white "Pro-Zombie" bumper sticker sitting atop an Obama/Biden sticker. Initially I thought it was an anti-gun sticker. A google search lead me to believe it is either pro-life or pro-choice stickers. I still haven't figured out which means which, of if it really is in relation to this topic at all.What the heck are these things???
    Practice.

Bob Hope in "The Ghost Breakers" - YouTube

For when SHTF.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

The CDC thing was an attempt to get people to actually read about and prepare for natural disasters under the guise of zombie apocalypse. Kind of tongue in cheek, but obviously nothing else has made people pay attention and prepare (9/11, anthrax, Katrina, blizzards, fires, etc). I kind of give them credit for having some originality. Seriously, if THIS site was the CDC site, what would you think?

All you need to know is the following:

Rule #1: Cardio
    Rule #2: Double Tap
    Rule #3: Beware of Bathrooms
    Rule #4: Seatbelts
    Rule #22: When in doubt, know your way out

That should keep you alive for the first day or two. At least long enough to start figuring out the rest of the rules!
    thephanatik and ASSA9 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    I like the zombie game from the black ops series HOWEVER i also dont get the whole zombie thing with "I Heart zombies" or "Zombie hunter" my question goes as follows to the people I have met

1. Do they run fast like the new movies or slow like the old movies?
    2. Can you keep one as a pet like Shawn of the dead or no?
    3. If you decapitated one would it still try to bike you like in the comics (Marvels zombies? Deadpool)

I just like asking questions
    1. BOTH: some will be fast, others will be slow. But NEVER expect them to be slow.
    2. Isn't that how bad things happen in movies??!! "Oh, it's ok, he can't do anything" ...(1 hour later)... "HOLY (expletive), how did he get loose and eat (random friend's name)??!!!!!" --- BAD idea. If anyone you know tries to 'domesticate' a zombie, do everyone else who has NOT been bitten a favor, and shoot them in the head.
    3. No; aim for the head- destroy the brain/spinal cord, and the zombie is effectively neutralized because the body is no longer getting signals from the brain.

And, yes, Rob Zombie is awesome.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The very first Zombie "undead" killing game was DEANIMATOR.
    Are you saying there was a lot of Howard Dean Zombies running around at one time?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Oh my gosh - I can hardly type for the tears running down my face, I'm laughing so hard.
    My hubby had to come see what the commotion was about.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    1. BOTH: some will be fast, others will be slow. But NEVER expect them to be slow.
    2. Isn't that how bad things happen in movies??!! "Oh, it's ok, he can't do anything" ...(1 hour later)... "HOLY (expletive), how did he get loose and eat (random friend's name)??!!!!!" --- BAD idea. If anyone you know tries to 'domesticate' a zombie, do everyone else who has NOT been bitten a favor, and shoot them in the head.
    3. No; aim for the head- destroy the brain/spinal cord, and the zombie is effectively neutralized because the body is no longer getting signals from the brain.

And, yes, Rob Zombie is awesome.
    But if their dead, is not the brain/spinal cord connection already severed?
    Spade115 likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

"Zombie" means the typical welfare recipient that is totally dependent on others for their very survival.
    They are often multi generation,have little to no skills, vote for whoever promises them more freebies,and have at most a ninth grade education.
    Right wingers call them "cannon fodder types", left wingers call them "constituents", and politicians call them "easy votes" because they are too stupid to think for themselves.

Oh... My... God. So the invasion HAS started. Does that mean we are losing?

Crap!!!
    Now I'll never get to sleep tonight
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

In lieu of this new information I would like to recant my previous statement about having enough ammo & I definitely need more Twinkies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links