The official DC tattoo thread

This is a discussion on The official DC tattoo thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lets see your gun related or not gun related ink, I am looking for some ideas to get done on my left arm. I want ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The official DC tattoo thread

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

The official DC tattoo thread

Lets see your gun related or not gun related ink, I am looking for some ideas to get done on my left arm. I want a half sleeve done in a patriotic/2A design that expresses my love for America and firearms in general. So lets see the ink ladies and gentlemen. Anyone with tatts can post them on here, obviously within the guidelines of the forum. I assume Sixto or someone else is watching this, as I have the feeling that little bug is following me around the forum as we speak. Anyhoo, lets see the ink.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

This is hard lol , usually i see people with tats for patriotism like usmc tats or something like that for military service. some people with a fresh grave m16's in cross shape with helmet hanging off navy people with usn tatted on them, way too many options that its hard to narrow down. as for 2a maybe a scroll of the bill of rights on your arm partially unscrolled just enough to see in bold WE THE PEOPLE. as for me i was going to just put 1 ,2,4,5 on my fingers , if i didnt promise my wife no face tattoos i would just shave off one of my brows and put 1245A over my right eye. but have been too lazy and in no hurry to do it.
    A friend will help you move. A real friend will help move the bodies.

I don't like having tattoos that look like someone else's, just like I don't like choosing them from flash on a wall.

Eventually something will come to you that is both original, and meaningful to you, and that is the tattoo you should get.

Also, knowing a good tattoo artist will help the project along greatly.
    45ACP4ever and SpencerB like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I can think of better uses for this forum. I'm sure there are tattoo or body art forums a-plenty that will serve.
    Harryball likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member

How about this!!

herve.jpg
    Attached Images
    nerdyvirgin and atctimmy like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Lets see your gun related or not gun related ink, I am looking for some ideas to get done on my left arm. I want a half sleeve done in a patriotic/2A design that expresses my love for America and firearms in general. So lets see the ink ladies and gentlemen. Anyone with tatts can post them on here, obviously within the guidelines of the forum. I assume Sixto or someone else is watching this, as I have the feeling that little bug is following me around the forum as we speak. Anyhoo, lets see the ink.
    INccwchris,

Just keep in mind that more and more LE Agencies are not allowing certain types of tats to be visible when in uniform.

OS
    jwhite75 likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I can think of better uses for this forum. I'm sure there are tattoo or body art forums a-plenty that will serve.
    Of course you could also stay out of the off topic area...
    TN_Mike, JDE101 and rigel42 like this.

I'll bite! I love my ink. Each one of my tattoos has special meaning. This particular design was custom done by Shotsie Gorman who specializes in Japanese style and particulary liked doing custom dragon tattoos. The meaning behind the dragon is about wisdom, protection, and power. I met a LEO client of his that was also getting a similar dragon but half sleeve so it was covered by his uniform, but was also really nice and had the dragon holding a ball containing the symbol for family. To him, it signified giving himself the wisdom to do his job the best he could, and getting home and taking care of his family. To me, my dragon gave me the strengh and courage to live on my own (I was just going through a divorce when I started getting it) and be my own man, instead of the stupid kid who got married too early.

Excuse the man boob. I've never been known for being in shape. :)

dragonchestsleeve.jpg
    shotsiesoulsigning.com water dragon sleeve tattoo by shotsie
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkx4 View Post
    Of course you could also stay out of the off topic area...
    Its a gun forum, gasmitty is right, ccwchris can get better info from a site designed for this specific need....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    This is the off topic and humor section of the forum. This section is specifically for this kind of thing, subjects that do not pertain to carry and firearms. Lighten the heck up already. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Its a gun forum, gasmitty is right, ccwchris can get better info from a site designed for this specific need....
    See my response above. Crap people, when did so many of the members on this site get the pole installed in their keesters?

Chris, I don't have any pics of my tat. I was in the Navy. It's on my left shoulder on the back. It is a anchor with USN written across it. I have no idea where I got it other than it was in San Diego CA in 1987, and I have no idea how much it cost. The drinking ago on base was 19.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

you are in shape. the shape of a b cup haha j/k .
    nice ink. the colors are so vivid and they really pop
    A friend will help you move. A real friend will help move the bodies.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    that is a really nice dragon BigFish
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I appreciate those very well done such as BigFish. You can recognize what is is, the colors are vibrant and colors blend. Good job and thanks for being man enough to put it on display.

I don't have any pictures of mine readily available. Looking at that other picture reminds me to get mine touched up. I think my many sunburns have faded them a bit.

I went with a half sleeve as well. It goes up onto my shoulder and chest just shy of the neck. The other side has one on the chest, and another on the shoulder. Also, there is one in my arm pit.

Mine are all black, so it relied more on shading. I think color helps with the fill effects. Grey shades are tough to fill up space without it just looking like blobs.

Will try to get pictures up before forgetting this thread exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    INccwchris,

Just keep in mind that more and more LE Agencies are not allowing certain types of tats to be visible when in uniform.

OS
    This was gonna be my reply EXACTLY. All for something that seems kinda cool now that you will regret when you are 700 or 80 doesnt seem like its worth it to me.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links