Don't Forget The Horror in Somalia - Page 2

Don't Forget The Horror in Somalia

This is a discussion on Don't Forget The Horror in Somalia within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by MitchellCT Their are poor people in the USA who need your help just as badly as those in other places in the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Don't Forget The Horror in Somalia

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Their are poor people in the USA who need your help just as badly as those in other places in the world, and you can know you aren't donating money which will help keep a long standing civil/tribal/religious war going.

I'm not saying conditions aren't bad over their...But famine is the result of factors other than crop failure.
    +1

And as callous as it may sound - (to the Somalis living there:) Why don't you bring a few more kids into that cesspool of a 'nation?'
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

the step that needs to be taken in places like that is birth control, they have to stop breeding those they cannot support or feed
    msgt/ret likes this.

I just got an email,for the last couple or three decades we have been giving food and humanitarian aid to this continent,and in response to our efforts,instead of trying to alleviate the problem,the population of the Continent has DOUBLED,even with the high death rate.Maybe like everything else Nature has a way of policing itself by culling the herd when they over populate and decimate the resources at hand.
    surefire7 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I don't care whether Somalia lives or dies.

I am more worried about our own horror on our southern border.
    Maybe you should read your Bible more. Your use of God in your tagline is a joke.

If you want to help the Somalis, maybe you should send your care package to Lewiston, Maine.
    What?
    Well, after the conditions in Somalia were brought to light, well intentioned Americans welcomed many refugees to the US.
    Many went to Minneapolis, and many went to Atlanta.
    Life in Atlanta was difficult, because they were competing with other poor black families already there. There was hostility.
    So The Somali leaders did their research and discovered that Lewiston, Maine had the best government benefits in the country. Small town, mills closed, many out of work already.
    So the Somalis moved there en-mass. Now, the towns social services are overwhelmed, and more and more are moving there every week. Maine has become the third poorest state in the country, not only because of this, but jobs are leaving Maine and it's needing to raise taxes to provide all the social services which makes it less attractive for money to go there.
    Folks in small town Lewiston are in culture shock. Gang activity has increased, poverty brought drugs with it, crime.
    The school has suddenly needed staff to deal with non-English speaking students........and CAIR is pressuring the schools to include muslim practices.
    So when you want to help poor Somalis, think of Lewiston, Maine first. They could use the help.

Read up on Somalia versus Somaliland. When Somalia began its descent into savagery, all the honest, decent, hardworking people moved to the northwest corner, seceded, and formed their own nation' called "Somaliland". They are doing very well indeed, and need no help from anyone. They are not recognized as a nation by the international community. In fact, they are opposed by the UN because too many powerful organizations feed off misery and fear success.

Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    FROM OP
    I help America with many things.
    I'm out of here. Bye.
    Walleye.
    Sorry you feel that way, I'm sure you are well intentioned.
    Maybe if our government wasn't trying to be everything to everyone in the world,
    we'd have more money for charity.

How many taxpayer dollars are already being spread around the world with good intentions,
    yet end up in the hands of ruthless dictators?

Maybe you can join a church group that is actually GOING to Somalia and help hand out food.
    I'd never criticize charity, I just took a large dose of reality.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Their are poor people in the USA who need your help just as badly as those in other places in the world, and you can know you aren't donating money which will help keep a long standing civil/tribal/religious war going.

I'm not saying conditions aren't bad over their...But famine is the result of factors other than crop failure.
    AMEN! There are children right here in this country that go to bed hungry every night. Just my opinion, but AFTER we conquer hunger here in the United States, then we concern ourselves with foreign countries.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I don't care whether Somalia lives or dies.

I am more worried about our own horror on our southern border.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart60 View Post
    Maybe you should read your Bible more. Your use of God in your tagline is a joke.
    ...or a quote.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

From op:

FROM OP:

I'm reading lots of blame for the Somalians for starving to death. Also much "AMERICA FIRST!" stuff.
    I can't believe this. I'm dumbfounded.

I give to American needy. And now Americans are not dying in the hundreds of thousands from mass starvation.
    And I don't care why a famine is, (this one's immediate cause is the worst drought in 60 years), or where,

I don't care if my money's journey to the people is dicey. If it is not given it's a guaranteed nothing.

I'm out of here. Famine is a tragedy. This stuff here is ugly. bye

Here, blame him. Tell him like it is:
    Attached Images
    Last edited by walleye; August 16th, 2011 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I'm not going to tell you not to send any money to a charity for this kind of thing. Just keep in mind that the majority of money or food sent to that part of the world by charities do not make it to the people who need it but are taken by the scum bags who are keeping these people in this situation.

I'd like to help but, I don't want to line the pockets of the criminals responsible for the suffering.
    Well, I hate to say "I told you so" but: AP: Somalia famine aid stolen, UN investigating

News from The Associated Press
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    FROM OP:

I'm reading lots of blame for the Somalians for starving to death. Also much "AMERICA FIRST!" stuff.
    I can't believe this. I'm dumbfounded.

I give to American needy. And now Americans are not dying in the hundreds of thousands from mass starvation.
    And I don't care why a famine is, (this one's immediate cause is the worst drought in 60 years), or where,

I don't care if my money's journey to the people is dicey. If it is given give it's a guaranteed nothing.

I'm out of here. Famine is a tragedy. This stuff here is ugly. bye

Here, blame him. Tell him like it is:
    Uh...I'm only gonig to address this part, but in short...Just because it isn't happening in Erie PA or shows up on the nightly libtard news doesn't mean Americans aren't starving and BY THE THOUSANDS... There are places and issues in this country that the news media time and again refuses to cover. It's always much better for them to cover the poverty and swollen bellies of babies in africa over americans for some strange reason. Nevermind the reason there tends to be far fewer issues noticed above board here is because WE ARE currently helping our own.
    An small example: I live in a rural community and commute to what is basically regarded as the second tech mecca in this country. Not more than say 10 miles outside this tech mecca there are people that still live with no electricity or running water and their children go hungry unless WE HELP THEM. All this while they are literally surrounded by communities of tech workers with anywhere between $400k and 800k homes. Yet none of this is covered by the nightly news nor spewed about for aid.

Kinda hard to split between two forces. When facing the choice of helping starving people locally or starving people abroad where I KNOW the rebel forces are just stealing the aid...
    surefire7 likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Yeah, go-ahead, send them your money,they'll send food,to be stolen by warlords to buy guns,cot,brown-brown,so we can mop up their mess,if you want to make a difference,join the USMC,and before long you can help in Somolia first hand! oh-yeah,i'm not talking out my butt,i've seen it first hand,USMC 1-9,92-93.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links