Finally out of Michigan !!

This is a discussion on Finally out of Michigan !! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know i havent been on here for a long time but we've had a busy few months. I finally got out of MI & ...

Thread: Finally out of Michigan !!

Finally out of Michigan !!

I know i havent been on here for a long time but we've had a busy few months. I finally got out of MI & now live in Denver,NC & ive been working in Charlotte (over 3 months now). I had some friends that moved here almost 4 years ago & they let me come down & park my 5th wheel in there yard while i got my training done at my my new job & found a house for my family. I spent 2 months down here without my wife & 2 small kids (was very hard) but we all got moved into our new house in Denver just over a month ago now & are really enjoying the southern life here. I feel i owe a great dept to my friends for letting me park in there yard for 2 long months, it sure is good to have great friends

P.S...Been carrying concealed for like 7 years & NC is making my Wife & I take a CCW class again
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Just so you know. N.C is pretty much the Maryland of the south in regards to gun laws. They have some strange and stupid laws. Other than that N.C is a great state to live in. I would love to live in Western N.C near Hot Springs.

I'm sure you will not miss Michigan. I've only spent time in Detroit which is probably a unfair representation of the state but I have no desire to ever go back.

Good luck in your new state!

Congrats on the move!
    We left MI in 2000, I've never missed it for a day.
    GoBigOrange is correct about NC's guns laws. You can carry ANYWHERE on your property...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome to North Cakalacky!

(and with that, my first red star!)

JD
    Administrator
    Congrats on the escape, I made it out in '98 for 5 years and again in '03/'04 for good. Have come close to moving back a time or two but decided against it.

VIP Member
    The best way to see Michigan is in your rear view mirror! I never lost anything there I would make a trip back to recover.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome to the South. It's as good as you've heard and some times better.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on the move!
    We left MI in 2000, I've never missed it for a day.
    GoBigOrange is correct about NC's guns laws. You can carry ANYWHERE on your property...
    Thank u & iam sure we wont either (been trying to get out for awhile) but i guess i need to spend some time dabbling into NC gun laws....your scaring me
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Thank u & iam sure we wont either (been trying to get out for awhile) but i guess i need to spend some time dabbling into NC gun laws....your scaring me
    Let me add another welcome. I used to live in NE Ohio, near Detroit's sister city, Cleveland. I don't think I could live there again, at least permanently. As you will undoubtedly find, NC has a very different attitude, as does most of the South outside of the big cities. Just don't get impatient with the clerks at the store when they talk to the customers and start tapping y your feet :)

NC has some strange politics that are dominated by a very polarized left and right but overall I think you will find most of the laws and regulations to be reasonable and sensible. Gun laws seem to be a bit of an exception with regards to where you can carry which are rather restrictive. There is effort towards changing this but it will take time and concerted effort.

I live in Tx and support our assembly facility in Saginaw.... Your correct... there is nothing in MI!

Well NC made us take a CCW class all over again & i must say my Wife & I are very upset with all the places u can NOT carry in NC
    NC has way to many restrictions on concealed carry that MUST be changed!!!
    We went to the local sheriff today, so now the waiting begins
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Michigan is not that bad, especially when it comes to gun laws. The state itself is actually three distinct states: the Upper Peninsula, the Lower Peninsula, and the Detroit Metro area.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Slim, congrats on the big move.

Not sure what part of MI you're moving from, but as you know, there still are parts of MI (and even metro Detoit) that are safe, thriving and appealing to live in. "Whaaat???"

I'm sure many of you who just read what I wrote must be thinkin', "Wow, either MCG has (finally) lost his marbles or he must be smokin' something illegal". With the amount of articles that I've been posting about negative stuff going on around Motown, you would undoubtedly think that it's a "very dangerous" place to live. Quite frankly, as long as you know what you're doing, where you're going and when/where it's inappropriate to (not) be in certain parts/areas of the city, believe me, it's not the "war zone" that you may percieve it to be.

I've lived in and around Detroit all of my (50+ yrs) life and consider myself to be "street smart" and situationally aware. I'm not trying to change any of your perceptions of Detroit. I'm just saying that I live in alert status "white", more than I do yellow and above.

Don't worry, I'm not or won't be offended by any of your remarks/opinions about MI/Detroit or me. However, if you say anything bad about the Wings or Tigers, now you're going to have to deal with my wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeTX View Post
    I live in Tx and support our assembly facility in Saginaw.... Your correct... there is nothing in MI!
    Not quite...... I saw my mom and my sister last week in Bloomfield Township. There is the Woodward Dream Cruise, Molson Golden Ale, Carling Black Label, Genesee Beer (only in 24 oz cans now?) and Genesee Cream Ale. Oh yeah, and BBQ Fritos!. None of which I have been able to find at Spec's.
    I may have to make another bee......er family visit before new years.

Slim, congrats on the escape!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Links