Hey, Stupid UK: Let Your Cops and Fair Citizens Carry Guns!

This is a discussion on Hey, Stupid UK: Let Your Cops and Fair Citizens Carry Guns! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Breaking News and Conservative Opinion on Politics - Townhall ! Townhall Columnists Doug Giles Doug Giles Hey, Stupid UK: Let Your Cops and Fair Citizens ...

Thread: Hey, Stupid UK: Let Your Cops and Fair Citizens Carry Guns!

Thumbs up Hey, Stupid UK: Let Your Cops and Fair Citizens Carry Guns!

Breaking News and Conservative Opinion on Politics - Townhall!

Townhall Columnists Doug Giles

Doug Giles
    Hey, Stupid UK: Let Your Cops and Fair Citizens Carry Guns!
    8/14/2011 | Email Doug Giles | Columnist's Archive

Do you know what’s truly pathetic (other than BHO’s first two and half years in office)? I’ll tell you what: the British police’s limp wrist, no-gun, nonsensical approach to the looting and rioting of Britain’s “working class youths.” That’s what!

In Texas, where I grew up, the bollocks we’re seeing in the UK right now would have lasted maybe five, possibly ten minutes max, before a private citizen, business owner, or Sheriff Dudley Paunch Gut of the Muleshoe PD woulda put a hollow point in some skinny hooligan’s backside. It would have been the shortest-lived revolt in modern history. Next!

Matter of fact, when I was a “working class youth” back in the day I was too damn tired to spark a rebellion after a hard day’s toil in the hot Lone Star sun.

~SNIP~

ExSoldier's note: This little article really caught my eye. Read the rest at the link and it makes some very succinct distinctions between the UK and the USA. Makes you realize exactly why we are the great nation that we are and how the ideals of rugged individualism and "liberty at any cost" have such a deep rooted hold on our society. Don't get me wrong, I love our friends, the British. We have a strong bond in the warriors (at least after the American Revolution and the War of 1812!) that continues to this day. Our own Delta Force has it's roots in the British SAS. Delta's FOUNDER, COL "Chargin' Charlie" Beckwith served with the SAS in Vietnam and patterned The Unit after that organization. But the citizenry of the UK has been too unilaterally neutered by it's version of "civilization" to long endure the forces of evil and everlasting darkness it finds itself confronting. The only safety and freedom they may find will come as a direct result of finding some of that intestinal fortitude of the Late Sir Winston Churchill and by direct confrontation of the evil and that of course will require the forces of good be suitably armed.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Yep.

Typical of a nation that does not allow its citizens the right of self protection.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

They try looting a store in Tx it might go sumpin likey this
    Okay everybody lets rob this store,schick schick(12 gauge being racked)okay everybody lets rob this other store
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    They try looting a store in Tx it might go sumpin likey this
    Okay everybody lets rob this store,schick schick(12 gauge being racked)okay everybody lets rob this other store
    True, there is no fear of anyone being armed, or resisting in the UK. In fact, anyone who tries to resist is usually treated worse than the actual offender.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'd like to know how many of our own LEO's would be on the job if they were unarmed...

No Duty to Retreat... A Good Thing!

Castle Law... A Good Thing!
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Links