Bloomberg betrays police and other 9/11 first reponders

This is a discussion on Bloomberg betrays police and other 9/11 first reponders within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just business as usual for Bloomberg, so we shouldn't be surprised. First responders excluded from 9/11 ceremony The first responders are not invited to this ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By foxytwo
  • 4 Post By apvbguy
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By 357and40
  • 2 Post By apvbguy

Thread: Bloomberg betrays police and other 9/11 first reponders

Distinguished Member

Bloomberg betrays police and other 9/11 first reponders

Just business as usual for Bloomberg, so we shouldn't be surprised.

First responders excluded from 9/11 ceremony

The first responders are not invited to this year's September 11 memorial ceremony at ground zero, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's office confirmed Monday.

It's a painful insult for many of the approximately 3,000 men and women who risked their lives, limbs and lungs on that monumental day, puncturing another hole in a still searing wound.

In a statement, Bloomberg spokesman Andrew Brent said the commemoration ceremony is for the victims' families.

"While we are again focused on accommodating victims' family members, given the space constraints, we're working to find ways to recognize and honor first responders, and other groups, at different places and times," Brent said.

What you don't think the police and fireman aren't the victims families? They lost some of their brothers and sisters there.

They make plenty of room for people on New Years Eve, but now they mayor's office says they don't have room? Guaranteed NYPD would make it work.

I heard on the news last night they will have something for the first responders the following week. Sounds like a bandaid to avoid a media doo-doo storm. Yeah, I'm sure they all appreciate that.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

2. Remove Ads

I don't think Bloomberg belongs there either.
    Old School and Cory1022 like this.

this has evolved into a "foo-foo feel good" event for politicos to be seen at, it has little to do with actually honoring those who were murdered that day

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    this has evolved into a "foo-foo feel good" event for politicos to be seen at, it has little to do with actually honoring those who were murdered that day
    +1 Of course leave it to the politicians to screw up anything good!
    Cory1022 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

"While we are again focused on accommodating victims' family members, given the space constraints, we're working to find ways to recognize and honor first responders, and other groups, at different places and times," Brent said.

Would you not count the first responders that were there as "victims"? They lost friends and families, they lost lung matter, blood, sweat, tears, etc... Bloomberg can slurp my hind-quarters.
    Cory1022 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    Yes, I agree. I'm sure Bloomberg has great respect for the first responders, as do we all. I don't understand how this kind of stuff ever gets started.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    I don't think Bloomberg belongs there either.
    He needs to go crawl back up George Soro's butt, where he came from to begin with.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So um.. lets rewind this... lets say 9/11 happened.. then.. no one helped.... then what? How many victims would you have then? How many more families would have to be invited? Complete BS if you ask me.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I'd say a man or woman willing to risk their life to protect or save you would be considered defacto family...Bloomberg is just another over-stuffed millionaire playing a politician's game, & trying to hide the fact that he's really a scumbag through-&-through.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I think all the Politicians and invited guests that didn't lose any family members get told sorry you get no soup today,as in if it's only for family members of victims anybody else would be pure hypocrisy
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

as someone who was close to many people who were involved in that day, I think that many families of the victims would be happier if the remembrance wasn't such a big shindig.
    a smaller less, public event would be sufficient. I don't think that they really appreciate grandstanding politicos using their personal tragedy as a platform for playing politics.
    people like bloomy, obuma and his band of thugs can stay home and wouldn't be missed, people like guilliani, pataki and gwb who were more involved would be more acceptable. this isn't about political leanings it is about who was part of the day and days immediately following
    Tzadik and msgt/ret like this.

Links