BAD - 2 Shootings and 1 Beating at Candlestick Park After 49ers-Raiders Game

This is a discussion on BAD - 2 Shootings and 1 Beating at Candlestick Park After 49ers-Raiders Game within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, if anybody had any doubts why carry to/from and even in an NFL stadium should be legal, last night at Candlestick park should put ...

Thread: BAD - 2 Shootings and 1 Beating at Candlestick Park After 49ers-Raiders Game

VIP Member

BAD - 2 Shootings and 1 Beating at Candlestick Park After 49ers-Raiders Game

Well, if anybody had any doubts why carry to/from and even in an NFL stadium should be legal, last night at Candlestick park should put the question to rest. Sadly, it won't. 2 fans were shot (one is critical, one is stable), admittedly, the one who is in critical condition was wearing a shirt with taunting language, but that hardly justified the shooting. Another fan was beaten unconcious and is hospitalized with life-threatening injuries.

Candlestick Park Shooting: San Francisco Sports Suffer Another Tragedy | Bleacher Report
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

I love sports, but going to sporting events and not carrying inside scares the crap out of me. Seems like one big unarmed target to me.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    And I thought having loaded guns in Kali was against the law.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Ya gotta' be nuts to spend the money for pro-sports events today and take a chance on this kind of crap happening.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    It's been a couple decades since I've attended a sporting event, but I used to do my share of pro & college baseball and football games. Even when sitting next to our rivals, I still recall chatting with and even heckling opposing fans with good-natured camaraderie.

Was I in a sheltered crowd, or have things just gotten uglier?

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    It's been a couple decades since I've attended a sporting event, but I used to do my share of pro & college baseball and football games. Even when sitting next to our rivals, I still recall chatting with and even heckling opposing fans with good-natured camaraderie.

Was I in a sheltered crowd, or have things just gotten uglier?
    I think it's just gotten uglier. In the late 80's and into the mid-90's I had season tickets for Florida State football. Even during rivalry games there was ribbing and kidding, but like you said, it was good-natured. I haven't been in several years now, don't know if it's bad everywhere or just in spots.
    Just not worth it anymore...
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

raiders fan = 10% legitimate 90% thugs

VIP Member
    As stubborn said, Its just not worth it anymore.

Most people are alright, but there is an ever increasing number of lunatics/timebombs, just itching to blow with short fuses.

I'll stay home, cause that ain't my kinda fun.

Here's to alcohol - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -Homer Simpson
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links