Hate my life...

This is a discussion on Hate my life... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Glad to hear the stone passed! Yeah, we've all suffered or are suffering, no doubt. My mother recently died of cancer. But thankfully, I did ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Hate my life...

Glad to hear the stone passed!

Yeah, we've all suffered or are suffering, no doubt. My mother recently died of cancer. But thankfully, I did not have to change the diapers. My faithful old dog is dying of cancer right now and it's tearing me up inside. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm infected with chronic Lyme disease (from tick bites, walking dog in woods for past 12 years).

But what's interesting is that it seems like only now am I truly starting to appreciate life. I wake up with an 'attitude of gratitude' for almost everything. I'm thankful even for little things, like indoor plumbing and ample clean water. I can pay my bills, and help my out-of-work daughter & grand-daughter out. My house is adequate and so is most everything else. I am extremely grateful for my situation as it is. And yeah, I'd always like to make things better. But I am mostly happy RIGHT NOW.

I guess you just gotta take the good with the bad. But the bad really makes you appreciate the good.
    oneshot likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Glad to hear the stone passed!

Yeah, we've all suffered or are suffering, no doubt. My mother recently died of cancer. But thankfully, I did not have to change the diapers. My faithful old dog is dying of cancer right now and it's tearing me up inside. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm infected with chronic Lyme disease (from tick bites, walking dog in woods for past 12 years).

But what's interesting is that it seems like only now am I truly starting to appreciate life. I wake up with an 'attitude of gratitude' for almost everything. I'm thankful even for little things, like indoor plumbing and ample clean water. I can pay my bills, and help my out-of-work daughter & grand-daughter out. My house is adequate and so is most everything else. I am extremely grateful for my situation as it is. And yeah, I'd always like to make things better. But I am mostly happy RIGHT NOW.

I guess you just gotta take the good with the bad. But the bad really makes you appreciate the good.
    Agreed. I'm sorry to hear that you've had it so rough; but it sounds like you've got it under control, and are on the up-swing. This has really just been a rough week- and I will admit I was just a little scared of having stents put in. The way he described it... . But, it's all taken care of now.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Wow... that sucks... hope it gets better...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I burnt the last two Eggo Waffles this morning & we were completely out of doggone maple syrup.
    Winner Winner chicken Dinner.

To Rev. Did you ask the doctor for some little blue pills for the wedding night?

VIP Member
    BTDT, with the stones.
    Have had them since 1987, when I was 27. I am 50 now and since , have had an additional 14-15.

They suck big trime, and has been called the closest thing to childbirth, and some women I know have said the kidney stones hurt worse.

Lemonade is good, as is lots of water.

Find out(if you still have the stone) [ get it analyzed] to see if it is calcified.
    If so, you most likely are calcium deficient, and what your body is doing is sort of panicking, and storing it, thus the growth of the stone.
    too much Coffee is not good, as well as beets, tea, and chocolates.

I have been on Hydrochlorothiazide (water pill) for most of the 25 years, as they help keep your kidneys flushing the water you drink.

mine were almost all within 3-6mm, with only one having to be litho.
    Good luck, and should you have anymore, look into the lithotripsy.
    They put you into a tub of water, and the DR. shocks (waves) where the stone is at, breaking it into smaller pieces, making it easier to pass them. It does not hurt all that much, if at all.

Bombsaway,

Good luck with your father, and all that must be done for him, for soon it shall come to pass.

I will pray for you and your family, for strength and perserverence it your family struggle

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
    media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end**.**" Author Undetermined
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    It passed! This morning, with no trouble at all. Doctor told me to keep up with the water how to make what sounds like a really interesting lemonade with lemon concentrate, and sent me on my way. Can't tell you how happy I am.

...now to fix the dryer....
    Good for you. Do a Google search for "kidney stones lemon juice" and you'll find the therapy. Involves drinking enough lemon juice to make urine acidic and help dissolve the stones. Supposed to make the softer as well. Plenty of water and watch out for foods that are calcium fortified.

You're on your own with the dryer
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear with all of the things that you are struggling with as well as have struggled with in the past. It must be very frustrating, especially with an upcoming wedding - as if there may not already be some stress in preparing for the big day.

I'll pray for you and congratulations for finding a bride to share your life with as well as cherish.

God bless,
    DCG

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    Winner Winner chicken Dinner.

To Rev. Did you ask the doctor for some little blue pills for the wedding night?
    Pills? What pills? Who needs pills? I'm still under 25...

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    You're on your own with the dryer
    The dryer was much easier than the stone. It's an older Whirlpool 29" with a broken belt. Had to take the dryer apart- take the front of the cabinet off, and remove the drum- put the new belt in/around the drum, and let it ride. Works as good as new.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Guys, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through.

RevolvingMag, I'm sorry for crapping on your thread and I hope everything works out for you.

Oneshot, thank you for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway View Post
    Guys, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through.

RevolvingMag, I'm sorry for crapping on your thread and I hope everything works out for you.

Oneshot, thank you for your comments.
    It's fine, I understand how hard it is- everybody has to blow off some steam. That's how I started it.

I suffer from pain everyday,Spinal Cord injury,what doesn't kill us will only make us better,The OP was posting about a medical problem he was having,and I can empathise with him,I can also empathise with other peoples problems and the difficulties they endure since at my age I have known people and or friends that have been thru similar situations.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You know, we ALL have our troubled times. I'm a disabled Vietnam vet with crappy health. But I figure that, as long as I'm looking at the green side of the grass, I'm not doing that bad!
    thephanatik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    at my age.
    You can't be THAT old, Duk. From all I've seen you're too full of fun and happy to be 'at your age'.
    --------------------------
    I can understand/appreciate the spinal cord injury- my fiancee had to have a spinal fusion a couple years ago. L4-5. I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues; I know how much they hurt.

But, when she had her surgery, that was the worst week I've ever spent in a hospital. And working.

Everyone needs to drink more beer!! Not only will it make you feel better, it will keep you hydrated, fill up your bladder and dilate your urethra so you can pass a stone. It might also help take your mind off the intensity of family problems and just gennerally make life seem better.

I hate this too. I recently got diagnosed with a kidney stone. I am following the lemon juice therapy, I am hoping for a miracle to happen within the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks for info guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links