Hate my life...

Hate my life...

This is a discussion on Hate my life... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "This week" starts Friday a week ago. The 12th. I thought it was supposed to be Friday the 13th that was bad luck. Nope. Friday, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Hate my life...

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

Hate my life...

"This week" starts Friday a week ago. The 12th. I thought it was supposed to be Friday the 13th that was bad luck. Nope.
    Friday, August 12, 2011.
    Starts by going to work- an exercise in self control and willpower in itself. Back starts hurting in a new/different way; feels like a muscle cramp, just below the left side of my ribcage. I think nothing of it other than that it hurts like hell, but I carry on. Take my lunch break and can't even order my food before I throw up from the pain, so I give in- call work 'taking a long lunch, lots of pain, going to doctor". Throw up three or four more times waiting for the doctor to see me/tell me that my insurance doesn't cover a CAT Scan, but based on the blood in my urine, location of pain, and other symptoms that I have a kidney stone. Get drugs (two shots- nurse walks in 'you know the drill; turn and pull your pants down a bit...') fiancee drives me home, I'm in loads of pain, but doped up pretty well to cover it. Send home with a Dr. note through Monday- but I'm off Tuesday, so it's good. And a prescription for Lortab, anti-biotic, and all the water that the City of Rock Hill can provide.

Next Tuesday, the 16th, rolls around, and I go back to the doctor- still in pain, no change. Different doctor, wants to do CAT Scan, says 'oh, insurance won't cover it', and sends me on my way- 'drink more water, and if nothing changes, go to ER'.

Wednesday, the 17th, try going in to work, make it though the day, then came home and it started again. Went to the ER. THEY did the CAT Scan, and said 'yep- it's a kidney stone; 2mm'. (Gee, really? Thanks.) Gave me another shot- left cheek only this time. Sent me home with a prescription for Flomax, Percocet, and all the water that the City of Rock Hill can provide. And, a referral to a Urologist. (EXACTLY one month before the wedding)

Thursday, the 18th, urologist. Lots of pain, more vomiting- fun right? Go through all the fun of a visit to the urologist, and an x-ray. He tells me of my options, offers me something for nausea- I decline a shot very enthusiastically; I HATE needles (not a fear, just hate the way they feel). So, after scaring the mess out of me, he gives me a prescription for Finnegan- to handle the nausea and pain. Set up another appointment for Monday, the 22nd.

Sunday, the 21st, today. Woke up feeling pretty good. Went through the day bored out of my mind, because I finally felt alright, but my fiancee had a massive headache- so I STILL couldn't go to the gun & knife show. Finally managed to get out of the house, ran around a bit- still feeling pretty good. Got back home, and realized that our roommate seems intent on destroying our new washer (nicer new Maytag HE.... awesome ) and our dryer. She puts twice the maximum load into the washer, and when the 'smart' washer DOESN'T spin because it's too full/off balance, she just throws the dripping wet stuff into the dryer and lets it roll. Or, try to. Apparently, all this happened while I was too doped up to know the difference. (I DO know the she messed up the button- little rubber deal, that you just kinda touch to make start- pushed it too hard, like it's a 'real' button that actually moves)
    Dryer belt is broken. She filled it with dripping wet clothes and expected it to dry them. The belt is now burnt, and broken. The part isn't expensive, and it isn't hard to fix- I do much harder things to cars on a daily basis at work.
    So, feeling better today, but now that's shot because I've got to fix the dryer because my roommate is a bit daft. Possibly going to urologist tomorrow to plan a procedure to have him 'go get the stone out' ( ), possibly miss more work ( ), AND try to find the time/physical ability to fix the dryer because the roommate is pretty well useless, and breaks things (.................. )

And these aren't the long-term problems, just the past week.
    So, all in all, I REALLY hate life right now, and want nothing more than to pretend this has all been some horrible nightmare.

Sorry for the rant, I hope I don't offend, but things are really sucking right now.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Been there with the kidney stone. I feel for you. Hopefully it won't be a regular thing for you. I have a friend that gets them every couple of years, BIG ones.
    The one time I had one it was about the same size as yours and I passed it after a day or so, but I figured it had to be at least the size of a basket ball with all
    the discomfort.

Stay hydrated. I wish you a swift recovery.

Went through the stone thing last year. 5mm that stopped just before the bladder. Had lito done without success. Used home remedy of lemon juice and passed the blasted thing. Moron urologist scared me to death with discourse on catheters and stints and pulling them out, ...

I'm now drinking 2 to 3 liters of water per day. SWMBO says I'm now peeing like a girl.

Good luck. It does get better one way or the other.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    Went through the stone thing last year. 5mm that stopped just before the bladder. Had lito done without success. Used home remedy of lemon juice and passed the blasted thing. Moron urologist scared me to death with discourse on catheters and stints and pulling them out, ...

I'm now drinking 2 to 3 liters of water per day. SWMBO says I'm now peeing like a girl.

Good luck. It does get better one way or the other.
    Lemon juice? What remedy? I'm all ears- there was mention of stents and 4-7 days....

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Just had my first kidney stone, literally as I was getting in car for 2 hour drive to see inlaws. Spent two days there walking everywhere....and Excedrin is not enough for that stuff. Still I hear ya hope things get better man.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

It passed! This morning, with no trouble at all. Doctor told me to keep up with the water how to make what sounds like a really interesting lemonade with lemon concentrate, and sent me on my way. Can't tell you how happy I am.

...now to fix the dryer....

Lol, glad it worked out for ya! We need to have these minor things happen sometimes to remind us not to take the other times for granted.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Murphy and his Law...

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned it yet.
    Sorta sounds like you got a double-dose.

I know Murphy well.
    Much to my displeasure.

Hate your life, huh?

Have you ever had to endure the horror of watching your father lose his mind and not be able to do anything for himself? Have you ever had to wipe his ass because he couldn't, clean up after him, feed him, watch him writhe in pain that is real to him but can't be attributed to anything, or listen to him cry like a baby and beg to die, when all he's ever been for you and your family is strong and courageous, and now he's reduced to pooping in his diapers and waiting for someone to change him?

That's what my family and I are going through right now. So don't talk to me about how YOUR life sucks.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway View Post
    Hate your life, huh?

Have you ever had to endure the horror of watching your father lose his mind and not be able to do anything for himself? Have you ever had to wipe his ass because he couldn't, clean up after him, feed him, watch him writhe in pain that is real to him but can't be attributed to anything, or listen to him cry like a baby and beg to die, when all he's ever been for you and your family is strong and courageous, and now he's reduced to pooping in his diapers and waiting for someone to change him?

That's what my family and I are going through right now. So don't talk to me about how YOUR life sucks.
    if you are needing some rant space or a shoulder--professional...get it

RMags rant is a done deal
    i had both parents with dementia. what i went through, what you are going through now--is what many more will be each in their own time, each in their own way.

some need more help than others
    yet later they are stronger for it and may return the help to others.

determine where you are now and take action
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

OP.. Definitely feel your pain.. Literally.. I tend to pass somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 a month.. I actually passed 3 over the weekend.. All the doctors can tell me is that it is something genetic and will likely last a lifetime, but there is the off chance that it will never happen again.. Lemon juice and water in high doses and driving down a gravel road (or any other jarring movements to your body) help the little buggers through.. Also the pain medicine that I am prescribed for other issues.. They are no fun, and definitely do not wish them on anyone.. Have not had to have surgery on one yet but have had several ER trips under my belt.. Hopefully it was an isolated event and you are done.. Good luck..

Administrator
    I burnt the last two Eggo Waffles this morning & we were completely out of doggone maple syrup.
    Lewis128 and thephanatik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway View Post
    Hate your life, huh?

I'm sorry you're going through all that. I haven't gone through that myself, but my fiancee spent the last three years of high school doing that for her grandparents so her mother could go to work; so, while I haven't done it, I've helped.
    And, while I put it out there just to blow of some steam, I've gotten some really good support from everyone here; and I appreciate it. But, you have to attack me over it? That's just kinda low.
    But, if it makes YOU feel any better, my mother has MS. And, while she still functions almost unchanged over the past 10-12 years, she can't get caught outside in the rain because the MS has caused her to be hyper-sensitive; and light touch, change in temperature... anything of the sort causes severe pain. She was in tears for weeks after the first time we took my little sister to the beach because she couldn't get in the ocean and swim with her because it would have hurt too bad. And, she has started to have trouble with her memory because of the 'spots' on her brain that the MS has caused. She's forgotten a decent amount of my childhood. So, I know how that hurts. And I know it's only going to get worse. Which, is saying a lot, because it was just my mother and myself for the first 8 years of my life. SHE raised me, SHE worked two jobs to make sure we could get by. And now I see her getting worse every year.
    ---------------------------------------------

But, on a much lighter note, I did manage to get the dryer fixed. So, that's this week's problems sorted; ready for next week's, and hoping they won't be this bad.
    joker1 and thephanatik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I burnt the last two Eggo Waffles this morning & we were completely out of doggone maple syrup.
    We have a winner! JK guys, better days are ahead, hopefully soon.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links