Earthquake!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Earthquake!!!!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Fun huh? Welcome to the ride usually reserved for the people of California. Hope you all are ok....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Earthquake!!!!!!!!

Fun huh? Welcome to the ride usually reserved for the people of California. Hope you all are ok.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

I felt that earthquake this morning it felt cool. Kinda made me want more AK ammo though

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Lots of locals here in southeast MI claim to have felt it. I didn't feel a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    Just read this: Earthquakes Shake Entire United States (UPDATING LIVE) Time to step up your preparations?
    It can't be the entire USA because I didn't feel the quake here in Ft.Worth. I bet Hawaii didn't feel it either.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Felt it here in PA at @ 2pm. whole office was shaking an upleasant and very helpless feeling. Epicenter in Mineral VA. 5.8 on the richter scale according to the USGS.
    S&W / Taurus / Ruger / Beretta / Remington and Benelli .... and if all else fails I have my ... My .50 flintlock

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I don't think the OP has it right. there was a quake in VA that was felt up to the canadian border and down to GA
    no big deal, happens out in CA fairly regularly

I live in NE Pennsylvania outside Philly, and my house was moving. Was sitting in my recliner after coming home from my PT job, and the chair was doing a little dance under my ass. Dog was a little uneazy, and wife was a little shook up, but the good thing is there was no damage to the house.
    Lots of folks a little freeked out, no-one hurt that I've heard of.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Yep, living almost on the top of the New Madrid fault is not a comforting feeing. Just a few months ago my earthquake insurance was canceled by the Farm Bureau. The only place I could find coverage was from overseas risk companies re-insured by Lloyd's of London, at a much higher rate. Not looking forward to digging through a toppled house to find my emergency supply's. Anyone else live close to a fault zone and get earthquake insurance canceled?

JL
    Live in Northern VA. Was in medical offices on the 4th floor of a building on the medical campus in Winchester with my two kids (ages 4 and 6). Small internal examination room, no windows. I was on my feet playing with my son and I didn't feel a thing. The nurse opened the door and said they were evacuating and didn't know why and to use the stairs. Evac. was uneventful, yet I was expecting the worse the entire time (active shooter, etc.). Scary.

Huntington, West Virginia here and I didn't feel it, but people in my office did. They closed the building where I work and sent us all home early!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Fun huh? Welcome to the ride usually reserved for the people of California. Hope you all are ok.
    Yeah...only prob with potential quakes out here is that the geology is completely different from Cali. The shockwaves can travel MUCH further on the east coast and still pack their punch.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I was too busy freaking out over property tax assessments to notice. I felt nothing.

Although some of you may have heard me scream.
    AH HA! And we now have the cause... You were jumping up and down too weren't you!
    WHEC724 likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

RKM
    I'm kinda bummed. I think I was driving when it happened. I wanted to experience it! I've never felt an earthquake before.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Had one here in Colorado late lastnight early this morning. 5.5 I think which is odd we never have earth quakes.
    Look up Mathew 24

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Andriss View Post
    I'm not sure what's worse in NoVA right now, the earthquake or the traffic jam after...
    Heard its backing up....Thank god I road my Bike today. I'll be peddling past all the suckas.....

O in other news Drudge is reporting the Washington Monument is now tilting. PICKET: FNC reports Washington Monument may be tilting from quake jolt - Washington Times
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links