Earthquake!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Earthquake!!!!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was in the control tower at work and it shook pretty good....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Earthquake!!!!!!!!

VIP Member
    I was in the control tower at work and it shook pretty good.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

Since this is a relatively unknown fault that this occurred on, the administration is suggesting that it be named "Bush's fault."
    HotGuns, RETSUPT99 and ksholder like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I live right near the epicenter, about 8 miles away, and fortunately only a couple new cracks formed on the house but still sound as it ever was. I do have some concerns with my shop since I have been hearing it popping and cracking all night!!! Unfortunately, my brother lives less than 4 miles from the center and his place has suffered considerable damage. No earthquake insurance because we don't get them in Va.... till now :/ It will be rough but we'll get him rebuilt!

Just had another aftershock

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    JD, phreddy and mprp like this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The first, and hopefully LAST time I get to feel that.

Washing machine off balance? No, not washing. Car hit house? (gets worse).

Me: "Earthquake!" Heads for front door.

My oldest son: "The end of the world!" (runs around panicking)

My youngest son: ???????????????

Wife: "No... Nooo...... Oh God!" (turns on news)
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I was in Richmond (35 miles from epicenter) the last several days and was in a meeting on the 3rd floor of a building when it hit. It shook pretty good. Started out mild and built up to a pretty good shake and then stayed consistent at that level for a minute and then tapered off. Weird.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scudda View Post
    I'm in an Office building in downtown Philly....we felt it all right....never felt anything like it..felt like the building swayed 4 feet
    My son works in the same area; clearly he felt it. Said it was weird. I've told him to inspect his house carefully for structural damage, but they don't grow up till they are 50 I don't know if that will happen. (I used to say 35, now I know better.)

I'll find the loose bricks, cracked walls and slipped joists when I get there, assuming his father in-law doesn't find it first.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30 View Post
    OH Crap..! Not again...
    call bruce willis, he'll know what to do
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    My son works in the same area; clearly he felt it. Said it was weird. I've told him to inspect his house carefully for structural damage, but they don't grow up till they are 50 I don't know if that will happen. (I used to say 35, now I know better.)

I'll find the loose bricks, cracked walls and slipped joists when I get there, assuming his father in-law doesn't find it first.
    Another important thing is to check propane or natural gas lines for leaks in and under the house. Water lines can also be damaged.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    There was another afterhsock early this morning, around 1. Woke me up, but I took a few seconds to figure out what had happened.

another government check bounced

Let's see.. Earthquake / Tsuanmi around Thailand, then earthquates in China last year, then Japan this year.... Washington DC this year..... and the north pole shifted by about 6-7 degrees.... so it's done some major shifting.

It's just the earth "adjusting" the plates like it has for millions of years, and it will continue to occur at other places around the world due to the shifting that has occurred. .
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Another important thing is to check propane or natural gas lines for leaks in and under the house. Water lines can also be damaged.
    Yep...water lines were my concern. It apparently shoook a bunch of sendiment etc... loose in the pipes so my filters before the pump kept clogging up. Been changing the filter every day since. It was a little better last night though.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links