WA: Prosecutors, Police Warn Of South King County Gang 'War'

This is a discussion on WA: Prosecutors, Police Warn Of South King County Gang 'War' within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, they have finally come out and said what we have known around here for a long time. And it isn't just south King County... ...

Thread: WA: Prosecutors, Police Warn Of South King County Gang 'War'

WA: Prosecutors, Police Warn Of South King County Gang 'War'

Well, they have finally come out and said what we have known around here for a long time.

And it isn't just south King County... the whole state is infested.

Prosecutors, Police Warn Of South King County Gang 'War'

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

What I don't understand in each case, whether small town or city, the mayor and PD will never acknowledge there is a gang problem until it is out of control. Then they ask the feds and state for help. I don't think the general public realizes just how many gangs there are. Last statistics I read, it's estimated about 3 million gang bangers and increasing. Since most of the resources have been directed to homeland security since 9/11, the gangs are running carte blanche and popping up in home town USA.

There are 28 known major gangs in our county alone, not to mention the local chapters everywhere.

Back in 2002 I attended a public meeting w/ the local city police to discuss recent criminal activity, security issues, etc. I asked SGT Murphy what they were doing about the growing gang issue in the city. He looked me in the eyes and said, "This city doesn't have a gang problem."

Well, not even 48 hours later, I am on the phone with 911 as my neighbor and I are breaking up a gang fight in the street in front of our houses.
    No firearms had been displayed by them, but I caught the clear printing of a revolver in the front pocket of one of the girls as she and another girl were walking away.
    I gave that info and a description to the dispatch and waited until units arrived.

They arrested two girls and one of the guys. Oh, yeah, SGT Murphy was one of the first to arrive to the gang fight call...

I looked him in the eyes and said, "This city won't have a gang problem if we don't let it breed. We'll protect our own here."

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

It would have been a very tough situation if someone CCing was at the parking lot when the shooting took place in King County.

I wonder if any of us would have been ready to defend ourselves or family in some kind of cross fire.

I would guess that if SA was working well we might be able to exit or just get down before shooting started.

Any ideas as to how you might handle this type of event?
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    It would have been a very tough situation if someone CCing was at the parking lot when the shooting took place in King County.

I wonder if any of us would have been ready to defend ourselves or family in some kind of cross fire.

I would guess that if SA was working well we might be able to exit or just get down before shooting started.

EBR from behind seat?

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post

Cobra gunship
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links