I just wanted to toss out there that....

This is a discussion on I just wanted to toss out there that.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SIXTO Well, I'm sorry to say, the season opener stunk. I killed one bird. Thats pretty sad. We only saw maybe a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I just wanted to toss out there that....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Well, I'm sorry to say, the season opener stunk. I killed one bird. Thats pretty sad. We only saw maybe a dozen, most of which were out of range. I did miss a few that I really should have hit, but oh well, thats they way it goes.
    Maybe so SIXTO, but speaking for myself, I've come to appreciate the days in the field, watching the dog work. That is the true bounty of my hunt these days. Birds to take home, those are just icing on the cake of life.
    Stubborn likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    "ctr" youy're exactly right, it's not about the kill, it's all about good times with good friends. Making memories.
    At least you guys have something open. Here in Florida we don't get a crack at doves til October 1.
    We couldn't fire a shot right now, if it weren't for hogs and coyotes.
    Our archery opener for deer is in just 3 weeks though, Sept. 17
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Maybe so SIXTO, but speaking for myself, I've come to appreciate the days in the field, watching the dog work. That is the true bounty of my hunt these days. Birds to take home, those are just icing on the cake of life.
    I couldnt agree with you more. If was really the bird I was after, a chicken from the grocery is a hell of a lot cheaper.
    ctr likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

3 of us went this afternoon. Lots of other folks in the field. I got there about 3:30. Birds flew OK for about 30 minutes, then went crazy for about an hour, then slowed down the rest of the day. I got my limit of 15 and between the other 2 guys they probably got 15. I know there were a few limits carried out of the field the way they were shooting.

Took my 10 yr old daughter with me. It was her first dove hunt. She makes a pretty good bird dog. She had a good time and wants to go back.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I couldnt agree with you more. If was really the bird I was after, a chicken from the grocery is a hell of a lot cheaper.
    Isn't that the truth SIXTO, LOL. My wife likes to joke about my $300 birds, the $1000 deer, etc. She figures by the time the cost of the guns, ammo, travel, etc are all added up, she could have bought us groceries for a long, long time. But, now I've got her into bird hunting, she does not joke about it anymore. She is hooked.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links