For those of you on the east coast... - Page 3

For those of you on the east coast...

This is a discussion on For those of you on the east coast... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; eh...I'm too far inland in NoVA to worry about it. I've ridden out some of the worst ones in recent history to hit the East ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: For those of you on the east coast...

eh...I'm too far inland in NoVA to worry about it. I've ridden out some of the worst ones in recent history to hit the East coast and this one doesn't worry me a bit. I spent my summers growing up in the very south east tip of Brunswick Co NC and they always got hammered. I've ridden out some doosies on the NC coast: Dianna, Hugo was horrifying even though we only got it after it nailed SC first, Fran was a direct hit to brunswick and the strangest thing I've seen to date(strange to see miles of old growth forest literally chopped off even 5-6' from the ground...EVERY TREE chopped even and level). There's been a few others but not as worthy to note as those...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

The rain and wind really picked here bout 1800,a 6inch oak limb is on house and boat,the main storm wont hit till noon sat.Gonna be a long night.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Take care!
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Administrator
    Stay Safe folks.
    One death reported already. Somebody "ventured out" and was killed by a falling tree.
    In many areas the ground is already completely saturated and there is going to be a monumental amount of rainfall associated with this event and the duration of it will be very long.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

If I have not signed back in by Tuesday somebody come look for me. I live on Long Island. Key word. ISLAND. See you on the flip side.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    It moved inland a bit more than predicted, so it's expected to weaken the longer it stays over land. Still quite a bit of wind and rain. We've battened down the hatches, brought everything not nailed down into the garage and stocked up on essentials. Should be good to go.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    If I have not signed back in by Tuesday somebody come look for me. I live on Long Island. Key word. ISLAND. See you on the flip side.
    Hope you don't wash up in Bridgeport.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links