"Got evidence? There's an app for that!"

This is a discussion on "Got evidence? There's an app for that!" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; With all of the new smartphones out there and apps that can do things now that we would have never dreamed of 20 years ago, ...

Thread: "Got evidence? There's an app for that!"

With all of the new smartphones out there and apps that can do things now that we would have never dreamed of 20 years ago, there's one that may be able to prove your innocence or at least explain what happened in front of your vehicle.

I've shifted from using the GPS map feature and standard car-charger and converted it to dashcam mode as a default now and have already caught one near accident and one really bad driver in the short time I've been doing this. I fugure it may some day prove to come in handy and save someone's bacon, including my own, as it's able to tell the real story. It can also record your speed and GPS coordinates in real time and shows them during playback if the GPS is enabled.

Dashcams have been wonderful truth tellers for law enforcement and if the situation ever presents itself, it's nice to have video evidence working on your side to back up any statement.

So if you've ever had one of those times where you wish you had a video camera to record the person causing trouble on the road and wanted something to back up your words if it ever came to that, this could be the answer. Instant video camera without having to fumble around with one while you're trying to drive. But of course, driving safely is more important than getting something on video so no, I don't recommend driving any differently than you normally would just to catch something on video. But with a quick push of an on-screen button, you have started the recording.

Anyone else do this? The one I use is called "Daily Roads Voyager" I use on a Droid HTC Thunderbolt. Takes great, crisp video.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Interesting App. I loaded it on my Samsung Infuse 4G. Seems to work fine.
    NRA Life Member

how do you mount it?

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    how do you mount it?
    This ----> Amazon.com: iGrip PerfectFit Charging Dock Cradle HTC Thunderbolt: Everything Else

The phone docks there and plugs into the cig lighter so it stays charged. The phone doesn't go into "sleep" mode while the road app is running either. So the record button is always there without having to mess with the phone except for just the one button push.

Screen looks just like this... DailyRoads Voyager In the pic there, that camera is already recording but when it's in standby, that same, red button says "Video."
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    This ----> Amazon.com: iGrip PerfectFit Charging Dock Cradle HTC Thunderbolt: Everything Else

The phone docks there and plugs into the cig lighter so it stays charged. The phone doesn't go into "sleep" mode while the road app is running either. So the record button is always there without having to mess with the phone except for just the one button push.

Screen looks just like this... DailyRoads Voyager In the pic there, that camera is already recording but when it's in standby, that same, red button says "Video."
    It looks good too bad I have a iphone, my techie kid has an android I'll show it to him

Links