Ticked off my wife the morning .....

Ticked off my wife the morning .....

This is a discussion on Ticked off my wife the morning ..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We are hunkering down and getting the yard and house ready for Irene's arrival on Sunday morning and she asked me if we needed to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ticked off my wife the morning .....

Smile Ticked off my wife the morning .....

We are hunkering down and getting the yard and house ready for Irene's arrival on Sunday morning and she asked me if we needed to buy 4 gallons of water at the grocery store.... I told her we didn't need water .... we have plently of ammo ..... she was not amused....
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    S&W / Taurus / Ruger / Beretta / Remington and Benelli .... and if all else fails I have my ... My .50 flintlock

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me...everyone knows it's much more efficent to shoot looters than to drown them.

On the serious side though, y'all stay safe up there...hear?
    Last edited by Stubborn; August 26th, 2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Zeke2A and RevolvingMag like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've used this before, but it is appropriate here also:
    Prepper Dilbert.jpg
    Zeke2A, SIGguy229 and WIright like this.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

See, if she was Catholic she could sprinkle them over a bowl and reuse the water baptizing the next one. Baptists gotta fill the tub and put em under. Who wants to reuse that? Zeke wants to baptize them with fire - lot's of it. Gosh what a nice family.

Until I moved to Texas I never worried about Hurricanes,but down here I'm only about 70 miles inland from the gulf of Mexico,The good thing is if it looks like were gonna get hit I can bug out early before the roads get congested
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    We are hunkering down and getting the yard and house ready for Irene's arrival on Sunday morning and she asked me if we needed to buy 4 gallons of water at the grocery store.... I told her we didn't need water .... we have plently of ammo ..... she was not amused....
    Water is cheaper than ammo. Just sayin.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If the power goes out for a few weeks ammo won't be a problem.

You'll be sweating bullets.

Better hope you have enough water on hand to make sure you sweat the right caliber.

Water-Boarding,America's great pass-time!

Based on experience. Unless you have a generator capable of running your fridge if power is out long, get plenty of ice. It's gonna get hot and you will appreciate the ice over lots of other things you think you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve666 View Post
    Prepper Dilbert.jpg
    Have the same cartoon on the fridge .....
    S&W / Taurus / Ruger / Beretta / Remington and Benelli .... and if all else fails I have my ... My .50 flintlock

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I'm with your wife ... up to a point.

# 1 .... secure all weapons from being damaged under any circumstance.

# 2 .... get 3 x's more water than you think you'll need, water is a # 1 requirement.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Why buy water now? Your plumbing still works right, get a couple 30 gal plastic trash cans set on back porch for drinking, fill the bathtub for flushing.

Rain barrels are good for the flushing water. We've got some of the rest stashed around too. Good luck to ya. Looks like my dad's getting pounded on the NC coast now.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I ran my refrigerator and freezer off of a small generator. I have two wells on my property. The one that my home usually draws water from is a deep well with a 220 volt submersible pump. That isn't very practical for using a portable generator. However, the other well is a 30"(diameter) shallow well with a 1/2 HP jet pump which still works just fine. A couple of years ago, after being without power for a few days, I ran piping from the old well to my house and set it up so that I could isolate the deep well and valve the old well into the house. So, whenever I needed more water during the Irene aftermath, I just hauled my generator out to the old pump house and plugged in the jet pump. Of course showering with water directly from a well is, to say the least, an invigorating experience. I never knew that you could get ice water directly from the ground. Even when I didn't have the generator, I could still get water from the old well using a bucket and a rope.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve666 View Post
    Prepper Dilbert.jpg
    I'd never seen that one before.

Saved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links