Caliber war reasons?

This is a discussion on Caliber war reasons? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Does anyone else here believe that caliber wars were invented as a way to convince yourself or your significant other that you need a new ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ConcealedG30

Thread: Caliber war reasons?

Caliber war reasons?

Does anyone else here believe that caliber wars were invented as a way to convince yourself or your significant other that you need a new weapon?
    Did the cavemen have theses same arguments when the first rock speartip was invented? I can see some Neanderthal father in his cave scolding his son who wants the latest flint weapon. After all the old fire hardened wood tips have been killing woolly mammoths for centuries.
    Are there any records of flint vs obsidian discussions? maybe some cave drawings discussing the merits or short comings of each one?

Michael

2. Remove Ads

the cavemen needed to learn quickly in order to survive.

he first tried a small rock and it was ineffective and bringing down the animal he was trying to kill so he tried a larger one and kept going until he found rocks that were the right size, easy to transport and killed quickly.

his cavemen buddies would laugh at him some saying I can carry smaller rocks and be able to carry more of them for multiple hits on prey and others said that they rather carry one huge boulder because that guaranteed one hit kills, and so the battles began

I prefer to call them caliber "disagreements".

Well there's your reason the Neanderthal's are'nt around anymore.

the reason for caliber wars(disagreements) simply put would be. Dunno?

Some folks feel comfortable with a smaller weapon while others would bring an Cannon if they could. Me, I don't like to be out gunned. I love Cannons
    RoadKill likes this.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Well there's your reason the Neanderthal's are'nt around anymore.
    If thats true how do you explain them insurance commercials they are starring in?

Michael

Caliber wars....Hmmm. Mines bigger than yours, I think its a guys thing...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Does anyone else here believe that caliber wars were invented as a way to convince yourself or your significant other that you need a new weapon?
    Did the cavemen have theses same arguments when the first rock speartip was invented? I can see some Neanderthal father in his cave scolding his son who wants the latest flint weapon. After all the old fire hardened wood tips have been killing woolly mammoths for centuries.
    Are there any records of flint vs obsidian discussions? maybe some cave drawings discussing the merits or short comings of each one?

Michael
    Even way way back in time, on the west coast of Pangaea, what is now California, early cave people had to hunt with the newly discovered obsidian. Flint was used successfully for many years until some creatures came crawling out of the mud and put a ban on flint as it was considered an incendiary device. Studies have shown that the descendants of these mud creatures haven't migrated far and can still be found along the Central and Southern California coast.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Even way way back in time, on the west coast of Pangaea, what is now California, early cave people had to hunt with the newly discovered obsidian. Flint was used successfully for many years until some creatures came crawling out of the mud and put a ban on flint as it was considered an incendiary device. Studies have shown that the descendants of these mud creatures haven't migrated far and can still be found along the Central and Southern California coast.
    I have been told that this same group imposed the markings that were popular on arrows and spears back then. I believe that instead of being decorative in nature these were meant as a way to identify the person using them.
    One of the earliest known attempts at registration and a precursor to the recent attempt to place serial numbers on bullets.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Well, I often wondered where they came from!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Links