A Motive for Amnesty for Illegal Aliens?

This is a discussion on A Motive for Amnesty for Illegal Aliens? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some things just make you go Huh. Looks like the President's uncle got busted for drunk driving and he has an immigration detainer. An ICE ...

Thread: A Motive for Amnesty for Illegal Aliens?

VIP Member

Some things just make you go Huh. Looks like the President's uncle got busted for drunk driving and he has an immigration detainer. An ICE spokesperson said he had an earlier deportation or removal order. While not getting into the Birther argument, this does beg the question if there is any conflict of interest given the President's family situation. The drunk relative kinda reminds you of Billy Carter - remember Billy Beer?

Obama's Uncle Charged With Drunken Driving, Held By Immigration Officials | FoxNews.com
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Yea, I remember "Billy"...got busted for urinating on an airport tarmac, must've had too many "Billy Beers"
    His brother, the POTUS had to be so proud.
    Obama wants amnesty for the nearly 12 million illegal aliens, because he wants those 12 million votes.

p.s. How would you like to have been the Secret Service Agent that drew Billy as an assignment?
    Last edited by Stubborn; August 30th, 2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: additional thought
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Look...if I was the mayor of my little town, Id figure to have enough hosrepower to get a brother-in law some rythm with the LEO's on a DWI..even a dam ride home..If I was POTUS I'd know the Secret Service would take care of it..they'd better....fact is I'd have even less respect for the man if he[didnt take care of his "shirtsleeve" family....BUT seriously, hows that Hope thing workin for ya ?...just sayn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    Look...if I was the mayor of my little town, Id figure to have enough hosrepower to get a brother-in law some rythm with the LEO's on a DWI..even a dam ride home..If I was POTUS I'd know the Secret Service would take care of it..they'd better....fact is I'd have even less respect for the man if he[didnt take care of his "shirtsleeve" family....BUT seriously, hows that Hope thing workin for ya ?...just sayn
    Clearly his aunt and uncle are not getting such protection and their situation is unrelated to broader immigration issues. If the prez was unprincipled he could easily have gotten the initial deportation order undone. The Secretary of State (Mrs C) has complete power to let anyone in and let anyone stay. Part of that power is the power to grant what is called "Humanitarian Parole." And a very good case could be made to grant that to those distant relatives. It seems a decision was made that these distant relatives of a distant father merited no particular privilege not accorded all others. So, he'll serve his time for DWI and out he will go. Or if lucky, he'll just be sent home and we won't have to spend money on a trial, on a defender, on a prosecution, and on custody.

I'm not so certain that I agree with those who claim above our president is in favor of amnesty, but we won't go there so this doesn't become political as it easily could.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

When dipstick was elected he had an aunt living in the US Illegally after getting deportation documents years ago,as soon as he is sworn in it now becomes too dangerous for her to be deported and her life could be put in jeapordy,so she gets a green card and fast tracked to a US citizenship,I say it's BS,you don't reward people for thumbing their noses at the law.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    When dipstick was elected he had an aunt living in the US Illegally after getting deportation documents years ago,as soon as he is sworn in it now becomes too dangerous for her to be deported and her life could be put in jeapordy,so she gets a green card and fast tracked to a US citizenship,I say it's BS,you don't reward people for thumbing their noses at the law.
    I don't think some of what you wrote is factually correct, I need to double check and I'm a bit lazy right now. That said, it is naive to think her status (with regard to personal safety) should she return to wherever would remain the same as it was before her nephew became a VIP. It does make sense that she would be in some danger. It even makes some sense to suppose that terrorists might kidnap to coerce actions or to inflict emotional harm on the prez and all of us. In this instance, from all I can tell, his ties to her are so tenuous and loose, I think he didn't even know she was present in the US until after the election.

Oh, I did quickly find this, "President Obama’s “Auntie Zeituni”, who was discovered by The Times living illegally in Boston, was granted asylum " Not a Green Card. Not a path to citizenship. It happens all the time for all manner of reasons and it makes good sense to have granted it.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

A motive?
    Pretty simple...VOTES!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    A motive?
    Pretty simple...VOTES!
    Really? Judging from the posts here it would work against the getting of votes.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Really? Judging from the posts here it would work against the getting of votes.
    If general amnesty was given to illegal immigrants, the potential votes gained vs votes lost would be a fairly large victory for the perceived person/party giving the illegals American citizenship.

Administrator
    Sorry, to much political commentary already. This ones done.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links