ATF Director Reassigned - Demoted, but not Fired

This is a discussion on ATF Director Reassigned - Demoted, but not Fired within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks like the administration decided to reassign the ATF chief - as if this will solve the problem. ATF Director Reassigned; Sources Say U.S. Attorney ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By chiefjason
  • 1 Post By Guns and more

Thread: ATF Director Reassigned - Demoted, but not Fired

VIP Member

ATF Director Reassigned - Demoted, but not Fired

Looks like the administration decided to reassign the ATF chief - as if this will solve the problem.

ATF Director Reassigned; Sources Say U.S. Attorney Out Amid 'Fast And Furious' Uproar | FoxNews.com
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    In every pasture, there are always some sacrificial lambs.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Great... Holder gets to assign someone even more anti gun rights... and find other ways to "work under the radar."

O knew about Gun Walker/Fast and Furious... why hasn't he been re-assigned?
    Holder knew about it, why isn't he getting unemployment?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

If he had initiated this fiasco on his own I believe they would have had no problem with firing him. The fact that they are doing this to protect him tells me that he was following orders from someone higher up.

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    If he had initiated this fiasco on his own I believe they would have had no problem with firing him. The fact that they are doing this to protect him tells me that he was following orders from someone higher up.

Michael
    Bingo!!! We have a winner.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    In every pasture, there are always some sacrificial lambs.

Michael
    Whatever happened to "The Buck Stops HERE" ??? Now it's "volunteer to be my scapegoat, or get re-assigned anyway."
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar

Michael
    AMEN...you'll find the culprit on Pennsylvania Ave.
    Under the radar...my big furry butt.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd love to see Mexico file arrest warrants and extradition proceedings against everybody that was involved in allowing the Illegal importation of firearms into their country
    Tzadik and msgt/ret like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Bunch o Morons ATF/FBI...everybody is runnin guns into Mexico...makes you wonder why is our National policy to radically destabilize a boardering country...So you gotta askyour self what is the Chinese rational for thier weapon dumping in good ole Mexico ??....I'd say the Mexicans are back in 19th century....find a rock amigo, and crawl under it...there is no law

No one in that high a position ever loses their job. They end up with a lateral transfer to another area, likely with same grade of pay and benefits in order to get them out of sight, out of mind.

The only ones to ever lose a job will be the low end rank and file.

Corruption at the highest level is the order of the day. Many of those involved should be inside a prison cell. A Mexican prison cell at that.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'd love to see Mexico file arrest warrants and extradition proceedings against everybody that was involved in allowing the Illegal importation of firearms into their country
    I understand what you are getting at. But I have yet to understand how WE can be responsible for ALLOWING guns into THEIR country. Do they not even check the southbound lanes? Or do they expect us to do that too? Don't they have some responsibility there too?
    Tzadik likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I'm not sure I'd consider this a demotion. Head of Forensics at DOJ?
    Wanna bet he didn't take a pay cut?
    Nice and close to Eric Holder, so he can keep an eye on him if he decides to spill the beans.

Not exactly a copy of the home game and lovely parting gifts.
    .......and safer if Obama is gone in a couple years. Why can the head of Forensics? Melson has a job for life.
    QKShooter likes this.

Administrator
    A rotting fish stinks from the tail all the way up to the head & this particular rotted fish stinks from the very top down.

Links