Manly Man Dinner, Who Do You Invite As Guests?

This is a discussion on Manly Man Dinner, Who Do You Invite As Guests? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dan Daly Smedly Butler Jack Nicholson, yeah he's a little to the left, but I think he'd be interesting to BS with....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Manly Man Dinner, Who Do You Invite As Guests?

JD
    Administrator
    Dan Daly
    Smedly Butler
    Jack Nicholson, yeah he's a little to the left, but I think he'd be interesting to BS with.

2. Remove Ads

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Dan Daly
    Smedly Butler
    Jack Nicholson, yeah he's a little to the left, but I think he'd be interesting to BS with.
    Two of the greatest Marines ever, so I am not being critical of your choice just curious how you picked those two Marines. I am sure Gunnery Sgt Basilone, Gunnery Sgt Hathcock and General Chesty Puller were in the running.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Two of the greatest Marines ever, so I am not being critical of your choice just curious how you picked those two Marines. I am sure Gunnery Sgt Basilone, Gunnery Sgt Hathcock and General Chesty Puller were in the running.
    I'd like to hear about WWI, it was really a turning point in warfare in regards to the weapons being used etc.

Abe Lincoln, Mozart and James Madison.
    Lincoln for his wisdom, Mozart for his genius and humor (and I'd love to play violin with him) and Madison to get a sworn affidavit making it perfectly clear, beyond a shadow of a doubt the exact meaning of the 2nd Ammendment to put an end to all the discussion by non-believers.

Jim

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'd like to hear about WWI, it was really a turning point in warfare in regards to the weapons being used etc.
    Cool, I get that, we really do allow WW2 to overshadow WW1 in the study of history.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Toby keith (just seems like the coolest guy to hang out with)
    George W Bush (never felt safer than i did with him watching my back)
    And Ronald Reagon (to young to remember his presidency but love everything about him from what i read)

This is tough. Especially since it's only one night.

1. Charles Schwab.
    2. Neil McCauley (however you spell it. Deniro's character in the movie Heat.
    3. Thomas Galt
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

VIP Member
    John Wayne-He's the Duke, what more needs to be said.

Robert E. Lee-Brilliant strategist, and statesman.

Alan Keyes-Brilliant mind, key player in the Reagan White House, and I believe would have made a good president.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Teddy Roosevelt.

Friedrich Nietzsche.

Albert Camus.

Alternate J.D. Salinger.
    I think Kurt Vonnegut would make an interesting addition to your dinner party.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

1. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, the man was awarded the Navy Cross 5 times, I think that is enough of an explanation.

2. Clint Eastwood, because I just think he would be a fun guy to sit and drink a beer with, he has a rather ironic sense of humor it seems.

3. My friend TJ, who got killed when we were in Iraq, because he was one of the best men I ever knew.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Jesus Christ. I don't think I'd need any other guests.

If I had to pick three I'd also invite King David as my second guest.

My third choice is much less clear. Maybe Julius Caesar, Hannibal or Thomas Jefferson.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    The four Medals of Honor probably factored in.

1. Andrew Jackson - I'd probably pick G.W. on most days, but it's already been said.
    2. Steve McQueen - Maybe the coolest person ever. John Wayne was a borderline draft dodger.
    3. Miles Davis - As long as he could play for us, which is up in the air, because he's a notorious jerk. No one, except Steve McQeen, was ever cooler though.

Honorable Mentions: Hunter S. Thompson, Ted Williams - the real life John Wayne, Alexander the Great

WOW.... no Chuck Norris???

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    This is tough. Especially since it's only one night.

1. Charles Schwab.
    2. Neil McCauley (however you spell it. Deniro's character in the movie Heat.
    3. Thomas Galt
    I think you're the only one who threw out a movie character. Hell of a character though.

Heat Shootout Scene [High Quality] - YouTube

Greatest action scene ever. Immediate action drills, speed reloads, buddy rushing. Pretty cool stuff.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links