Teen Branded Felon For Life.... - Page 2

Teen Branded Felon For Life....

This is a discussion on Teen Branded Felon For Life.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hiram25 That's what comes of not teaching the young people of this land that there are consequences for your actions. No kid ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Teen Branded Felon For Life....

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    That's what comes of not teaching the young people of this land that there are consequences for your actions. No kid left behind, nobody loses, etc., along with driving religious beliefs out of the schools, this is what we get.
    These little dirtbags are going to wish that they left their 'behinds' home when they get locked up. The punishment is not for $.07, but for the crime of robbing (with violence) an old man. I hope they both get their taste of life on the 'inside'...on the first day. I hope they suffer the a bit of the fear that they inflicted on the old man...each day they are in either juvey or prison. No mercy from me...these aren't kids, they are animals.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Huh. This reminds me of a phrase I'm so fond of;

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    So the Judge and not the act of doing the crime made him a felon?

Michael
    The teen made himself a felon when he commited armed robbery and assault and battery. The jury just made it official.

A thief takes 7 cents, a congressman takes millions...

The only difference between a thief and a politician is the amount...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    A thief takes 7 cents, a congressman takes millions...

The only difference between a thief and a politician is the amount...
    And the method.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I wonder how they split the money.

VIP Member
    Stewart's lawyer, Laurin Haddad, had pleaded with Walsh to treat her client as a youthful offender, so that a felony conviction wouldn't remain on his permanent record.

"For 7 cents, now you're making someone a felon for the rest of his life," Haddad told the Post-Standard.
    Interesting, the judge made him a felon for life. Maybe I'm just old and set in my ways, but in my youth, if I did something wrong, then I was the one to blame, not the person who handed out the punishment to me.

Of course if I had done something to go before a judge on, I'd have been standing the whole time. My dad would have made sure I wouldn't have been able to sit for quite some time!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Its not the amount of money involved. It is the assault, and perhaps too that it was on a senior. Many states have laws that enhance crimes done against the elderly.

OTOH, @ 15, shouldn't we be talking juvenile court? Rehabilitation? Expunge the record in the future?

OTOH again, if the old boy had put a hole in the kid we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Juvenile court is what one would expect to have happen with the current system. Expungement would not be required since juvenile records are sealed in most states. Having said that, I do feel that the juvenile justice system is outdated for todays young violent offenders. Perhaps that is why so many jurisdicitions are pushing to try young violent offenders as adults?

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    He should have a tag on his toe labeled DOA.
    Fixed it for ya!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links