Could you imagine if - Page 2

Could you imagine if

This is a discussion on Could you imagine if within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by deadguy how can you ask this question and then say to not make it political???? ANY response would be politically driven. 13 ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Could you imagine if

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    how can you ask this question and then say to not make it political???? ANY response would be politically driven.
    13 others have done so just fine.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I was thinking about this last night watching some 9/11 stuff. I think we are less prepared than anyone wants to admit and this admin would not handle it well...
    Bark'n likes this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

My first thought would be to check my go bag... gear up for deployment. Should the need arise, I want to already be waiting to board the plane. I pray that never happens again, but looking at the trends, I can't help but think its only a matter of when, not if.

I hope and pray that nothing else happens like that again. It may have somewhat of an affect on the economy, we'll recover. But human loss is forever.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If were attacked again,I have a feeling it would become an all out war with no holds barred,up to and including Neutron bombs,
    Never happen. BO doesn't have the cajones. Although a nice big glowing hole the that whole area would put a hitch in their giddyup, I think! Be pretty, too.
    jwhite75 likes this.

We'd lose more civil liberties ina flash in efforts to "protect" us.
    zacii and Bark'n like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    We had another 9/11 type of event right now?

Given the current political and economic climate, what would your thoughts be? (but do avoid the political commentary)
    We'd probably send more money!

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    The Patriot Act would seem like a Jay Walking law in comparison to the new ones that hit the road.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Entirely too many variables on what "the Attack" could be. An iconic or symbolic attack that may do some political damage or even some dead could have one set of results. A 50, 100, or even 500 or more jihadi suicide bomber simultaneously meeting allah across the country in a synchronized attacked with some significant timing correlation in centers of finance such as malls, etc..another set ressults. A non-thermal nuclear attack could have another whole set of affects.

A highly symbolic or deadly attack could set off an anger and enflame some rhetoric but unless it starts another war may have marginal financial affect. Raising a panic in the rank and file shopper, commuter, passenger, etc type population could make a serious blow in a few really troubled financial sectors. Dirty nukes or Bio or chemical could have a slow time to get the full affect and may not get the same result in immediate anger rhetoric as did bodies flying from the twin towers but could be just as bad or worse.

Bottom line a lot of variables but some range of attacks could tip the economy beyond repair and chaos ensues. I'm sure this is would be one of their (without getting political) goals. On the other hand almost any major (by some defintion, event dependent) event could cause an over reaction by the political bodies [political only within scope of the question?] they could do serious harm to liberties.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    13 others have done so just fine.
    You're right. None of the other responses have any political tone to them whatsoever.

I agree that the government will enact every type of law they can to "protect" us.
    Pistology likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Senior Moderator
    My thoughts would be...we had a little bit of LEADERSHIP when the last event happened,so it wasnt total chaos.

This time? All bets are off...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    My thoughts would be...we had a little bit of LEADERSHIP when the last event happened,so it wasnt total chaos.

This time? All bets are off...
    I couldn't agree more
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I'd probably consider the last two months a vacation, and be the first one at a recruiter's door, begging them to take me back.

But on the other hand, Americans are now fickle, and with very short attention spans. I was talking to some folks the other day, and they said that they weren't going to watch any of the 9/11 shows for the 10th Anniversary, or really do anything really. They said it would make them too sad to do so. They thought that forgetting the sacrifices of over 6,000 of their countrymen (Between 9/11, OIF, and OEF), was perfectly acceptable, because being reminded of it would make them sad. I think that is pretty damn disgusting myself, but maybe I am in the minority of Americans. I also know when Pearl Harbor Day, and the anniversary of the Beruit bombing are too.

I think if it happened again, most people would feel sad for a day, and then go back to watching Bachelor Pad and Jersey shore, while the few that care continue to go do the right thing, and "stand on that wall," so the majority can tweet about the dumb stuff Snooki did this week. So basically, for the vast majority of Americans with an attention span the length of a golden retriever's nothing would change.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Yeah, I just heard on the local news that even ten years later, first responders still can't to communicate amongst themselves, independent of dispatch.. We need some rocket scientist on this right away...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

We had another 9/11 type of event right now?

Given the current political and economic climate, what would your thoughts be? (but do avoid the political commentary)
    Not trying to be a jerk here Sixto...

"Given the current POLITICAL and economic climate" and "do avoid the political commentary" are in direct contradiction to each other. You have posted a question that you are making impossible to answer without violating the ToS.

The folks that have answered and not been political have given base statements rather than delving into the actual impact. Nuclear war & the typical "the government will infringe on our rights" stuff is surface at best and can not really be seen as an actual analysis...

My thoughts... Hypothetical questions are complete bull-puckey.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links