Could you imagine if

Could you imagine if

This is a discussion on Could you imagine if within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We had another 9/11 type of event right now? Given the current political and economic climate, what would your thoughts be? (but do avoid the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Could you imagine if

Administrator

Could you imagine if

We had another 9/11 type of event right now?

Given the current political and economic climate, what would your thoughts be? (but do avoid the political commentary)
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Odd, I was thinking about that this morning. It would be devastating.

I'm in the process of making some strategic business decisions based on a belief that we're well on our way into a double-dip recession. "Battening down the hatches", if you will.

VIP Member
    If we actually had another such attack, my initial thought would be that The Patriot Act was a huge failure. The reorganization of departments into Homeland Security was a failure. My other immediate thoughts would be, duh, here we go again.
    Riana and Rock and Glock like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

If were attacked again,I have a feeling it would become an all out war with no holds barred,up to and including Neutron bombs,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Don't know but would be bad for sure. And I have a sneaking suspicion that the 10 yr thing is going to be an iconic landmark for pulling something stupid for at least one group or derranged individual. All I know is I'm off with a couple of days of dove hunting on the brain with my Dad and daughter but it will be interesting to see if anything plays out on or around the 11th. BTW, good luck tomorrow SIXTO.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If were attacked again,I have a feeling it would become an all out war with no holds barred,up to and including Neutron bombs,
    No offense intended, but you gotta be able to find 'em to make "all out war" on them, do we bomb an entire village to rid the world of 5 insurgents? Or do we make friends with the villagers and let them catch the bad guys for us? They don't line up in straight lines and wear red coats anymore so we can shoot them easily, and despite our own history of throwing the British out with guerrilla tactics, we don't seem to be terribly adept at countering those very same tactics. Myself, I'm continuing to stock up on the "3 B's" Beans, Bullets, and Bolivars, and staying ready to defend my own.
    Pistology likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    I suspect we would begin apologizing for the deeds of the US over the last 100 or so years and begging them not to do it again. Kinda makes you think of the old joke about the difference between a Democrat, Republican and Southern Republican.
    Dadsnugun and Bark'n like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I suspect we would begin apologizing for the deeds of the US over the last 100 or so years and begging them not to do it again. Kinda makes you think of the old joke about the difference between a Democrat, Republican and Southern Republican.
    At least for the next 2 years, that is EXACTLY what would happen!!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    If it happens it happens. Country is going to feces anyway.

I believe that we would see the government, in an effort to look like they are doing something, pass more laws restricting the freedoms of American citizens.

Michael
    Tzadik, zacii, Eagleks and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    how can you ask this question and then say to not make it political???? ANY response would be politically driven.
    ErnieNWillis and Yankeejib like this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

If we had another attack, I would hope we could focus our retaliatory efforts ONLY on those responsible. We don't need any more 'nation-building' wars. If we keep responding as we have been (expensive wars), then the terrorists will win. Osama Bin Laden's main goal was to destroy us economically, and he's doing a pretty good job of it. Well, he was doing a good job until he had that blind date with Seal Team 6!
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Seems that there are others besides Bin Laden that are doing a very good job of destroying us economically!
    Bark'n likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Seems that there are others besides Bin Laden that are doing a very good job of destroying us economically!

The traitors running our government are certainly doing a fine job. Oops was that too political?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    You weren't thinking of enemies foreign and domestic were you?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links