Luminox or other tritium watch?

This is a discussion on Luminox or other tritium watch? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife gave me a Luminox,great watch....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luminox or other tritium watch?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    My wife gave me a Luminox,great watch.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

2. Remove Ads

If getting a Luminox get one with an all steel case.

I had one of the original ones with a "polymer" case and over time, the steel spring pin which holds the watchband on, bore a groove in the polymer which allowed the spring pin keep popping out and the band coming off. I almost lost the watch about a dozen times. Getting a new spring pin was not a solution as it was a problem with an enlarged retaining hole. (serious design flaw).

I did like the watch, but if I ever get another one, be sure and get a steel case.

As I was typing this post, I just now thought I probably could have just JB welded it and made a permanent fix. Alas the watch is long gone and if I still had it, the tritium would be spent by now. Damn it!

I'm wearing an Invicta Pro Diver automatic now. Great watch, but no tritium illumination.

BTW... I would caution anyone about getting a watch which has a "polymer" case regardless of the brand for that very reason. Especially if you are a very active person and your watch tends to get banged around a little.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    You did not state the purpose but I am a big fan of Ball Watches. Now there is some glowing Tritium and a quality watch.
    Wow, not many people know of Ball. You're right though, they are nice. You don't happen to know of any dealers in the SW Ohio area, do you? I'd like to check them out. Last time I saw any Ball watches was in Maryland.

But, the OP wasnt asking about 2k dollar watches. Luminox's are what, 2-300 hundred?
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've worn my Luminox almost every day for 6+ years. It's a great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Wow, not many people know of Ball. You're right though, they are nice. You don't happen to know of any dealers in the SW Ohio area, do you? I'd like to check them out. Last time I saw any Ball watches was in Maryland.

But, the OP wasnt asking about 2k dollar watches. Luminox's are what, 2-300 hundred?
    Yeah, when are talking about COSC certified chronometers you're starting to get into big bucks.

Check out the "Limited Series" from Swiss Military, (not to be confused with "Swiss Army" watches). And their premier edition world record holder 20,000 Feet.

Here's a current price list for the available Swiss Military Limited Series watches.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I think Lum-Tec is the brightest out there and is a tad more "grey" than Luminox.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Good stuff here! Glad to see some more "professional" looking watches as I am always at odds with finding something that is useful and looks nice.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links