Call from 603-214-3695 - Have they called you too??

This is a discussion on Call from 603-214-3695 - Have they called you too?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I got a call from number 603-214-3695 today on my cell phone. The person on the other end sounds as if she is of Indian ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Call from 603-214-3695 - Have they called you too??

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Call from 603-214-3695 - Have they called you too??

I got a call from number 603-214-3695 today on my cell phone. The person on the other end sounds as if she is of Indian descent. She starts the call off assuring me that this is not a sales call and they are not trying to sell me anything. She mentions the name of the company that she represents but she says it so fast and her dialect is so thick that I can't make it out. I ask two or three different times at no avail for the name of the company that is trying contact me. The women complies with my request but says the name so fast that I can't make it out. All I could hear is something or the other "Home Security" (I think).

As soon as I'm told that this is not a sales call and that she is not trying to sell me anything, the agent bombards me with a series of questions that are entirely too personal to reveal to a stranger. She asks me if I have a home security system, to which I reply, "yes, I already have all of that taken care of." She asks me if I check the batteries in it every month, at which I reply, "I already have all of that taken care of." She asks me if I have a fire extinguisher, to which I reply, "I already have all of that taken care of." She then finally asks me if I own my home. I ask, "who are you?" She restates the name of the company to which I can not make out what she is trying to say. At this point, I simply end the call and hang up on her.

I decided to call the number back to see if I could get an agent that speaks clearly. I want to be able to tell at least who is calling me. I ask myself, "What's the harm? They already have your number." When I called back, however, I did not get to speak with an agent. When I called back, I got a recording saying that they thank me for my return call and if I no longer care to receive calls from them - for me to press "1" and allow 72 hours for the request to precess (or something like that).

What gall for an anonymous person to call me and ask me about my home's security system. etc. Who would answer these kinds of questions? Who do they think they are to call me without my consent and use my minutes? I wonder if there is a way to tell if someone has sold your number?

Have any of you received a call from this number? I did a quick Google but from what I can tell, some people have received a call from this number but the calls appeared to be about identity theft, etc.

2. Remove Ads

Caller ID Screen calls if it's really important voicemail and they'll call back. Someone wants to ask about my home security or personal info I'll be seeing a company ID or contacting them. You can be on anything from a random phone book calling to a more targeted list, all sorts of ways for unsavory folks to get your info these days.

Glock Certified Armorer

Administrator
    "Total Security Solutions" Telemarketing scammers.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    When I get calls similar to that I tell them to put me on their do not annoy list followed by an immediate hang-up.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    We do not answer phone calls if the caller does not display their identity. This is inconvenient for us as we get out of country calls which do not display properly. Our friends and relatives therefore know to send a text message before they call the house or our cell phone. All others are out of luck.

I figure anyone who won't show their ID and does not leave a voice message is not someone I need to hear from.

Now and again there are some physician's offices or other medical related calls and the folks don't show their ID. I suppose for HIPPA reasons. But, usually I will recognize those phone numbers.

Bottom line, no ID displayed, not recognized phone number, they can leave a voice message or go away.

Oh, btw, the problem with calling back as you did--aside from the fact that you will never reach a real person-- is that they try to get you to push a number. You never really know if by doing that you haven't just agreed to a 6 year contract which is going to be billed on your phone bill. NEVER EVER call them back and NEVER EVER elect to push a number when you don't know who you are dealing with.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    They call me periodically. I tell them to bug off and they won't. I now usually just sit the phone down and don't talk. Eventually, they get tired of hearing themselves talk and hang up.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Security Telemarketers:

echnically, the telephone exchange switch is identified as PTMONH07DS0. The phone number 603-214-3695 is assigned to FREEDOM RING COMMUNICATIONS, LLC and the actual exchange location is in ERROL, NH. Since 603-214-3695 belongs to the 603 area code, we also know that the local time in ERROL, NH is 19:09pm. The description we have for the 603 area code is: New Hampshire. The owner of 603-214-3695 can be obtained through a detailed report. As well, the address and number type is also available in a detailed report. Additional Number Variations: 603/214/3695 - 603.214.3695 - 603 214 3695. Other phone numbers in the 603 area code that also have comments are 603-212-3654, 603-214-3304, 603-214-3315, 603-214-3323, 603-214-3330, 603-214-3346, 603-214-3511, 603-214-3541, 603-214-3547 and 603-214-3564.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Oh, btw, the problem with calling back as you did--aside from the fact that you will never reach a real person-- is that they try to get you to push a number. You never really know if by doing that you haven't just agreed to a 6 year contract which is going to be billed on your phone bill. NEVER EVER call them back and NEVER EVER elect to push a number when you don't know who you are dealing with.
    Oh wow. I didn't think of that... I guess I'm not as smart as I thought I was....

Thanks for letting me in on the "push a number" scam. I'll be more careful in the future and keep an eye on my phone bill as well.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    At my last job, every Thursday afternoon about 1pm the phone would ring with a 610 area code (Toronto I believe) and it was a fax machine. The same call would repeat about 20 minutes later and then the process would repeat every week. I worked with IT to see if we could get it to transfer to a fax machine and nothing came out of the machine. If you tried calling back, you got a "this number is not in service" announcement. Finally, I got fed up and went to the FCC.gov web site and filed a complaint. A couple of month later, I received a written letter from the FCC saying that the problem has been investigated and resolved. I didn't receive any more of those fax calls.
    DefConGun and bwalker25 like this.

This is America, speak English...'click'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Comcast shows caller ID on the TV's with cable boxes, so I don't even have to get up for people I don't want to talk to. My school residence doesn't even have a land line, and I don't give my cell number out to people that don't need it.

When or if I answer a call from a number I am not familiar with, whatever accent I hear over the phone, I respond with the same accent. It really freaks them out to hear someone using the same accent on English as they use, especially the one's who may be in India or some other similar country.

Then I tell them my name isn't Mr. (my real name here) but it is Johan, Giovanni, or Mikhail with an Indian accent. That REALLY freaks them out. Then I ask them if I can get a job where they work because I can speak like they do and that usually ends the conversation and they hang up.

Kept getting a phone call from the Long Distance company I dropped and I kept telling the guy that the "one who controls the phone" in the home was not there,didn't know when he would return from England, all with an English accent. He thought I was Australian. I told him not to insult me like that and hung up.

Sometimes telemarketer calls can be fun.
    phreddy, JDE101 and OperatorJ like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

same call, different number...when asked about home security system,I tell them I have 3 Gurkhas that roam the farm-click.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Sometimes I answer the phone and don't notice the caller ID. When it's one of those calls I just hit the end call button right away. I don't listen, I don't talk, I just end the call immediately. If they don't like getting hung up on in mid sentence, well tough petunias.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

VIP Member
    I'm on do-not-call-lists and they still call.

I've asked them to take me off their call list, but they don't.

The easiest for me is to say "hold on a minute", then set the phone down and let them waste their time waiting on me to never come back.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links