All hell broke loose...twice this week

This is a discussion on All hell broke loose...twice this week within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So appearently my goofy Lab Beau does not learn lessons easily... It all started Wednesday. I was at work and my wife was loading the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: All hell broke loose...twice this week

So appearently my goofy Lab Beau does not learn lessons easily...

It all started Wednesday. I was at work and my wife was loading the dishwasher. Beau our lab has a bad habit of sniffing around the dirty dishes being stacked in the dishwasher and occasionally licking them if you don't shoe him away. Well he got something on his collar caught in the lower rack and when he pulled away, he took it with him. Of coarse it was heavily loaded with breakables which make lots of noise and all the noise along with being tied to the rack cause him to bolt. There was a glass picher that broke that he cut his lip on and the poor dog peed himself in all of his thrashings. My wife couldn't get near him to get him free but after just a second he got himself free. She cleaned up the glass and blood from his lip, conforted him and everything was ok after that.

Fast forward to this morning...same situation. I'm at work she's loading the dishwasher this time it's a glass jug we use for tea that got broke...only two differences. The alarm was armed and the breaking jug triggered our glassbreak sensor instantly setting off the alarm (it was set to no delay) and our infant daughter was playing on one of those activity mats on the floor. As beau was thrashing around he inadvertently started heading towards her, thank god my wife caught him in time. At least Beau managed to not cut himself this time and he didn't get too close to our daughter.

Could you imagine dealing with a thrashing dog dragging a loaded dishwasher tray, glass breaking, all of this heading towards the infant little girl in the floor, the alarm going off with the loudest shreik ever and the phone ringing with the alarm cpompany on the other end (if you don't answer it the cops are on the way.) It must have been a full on domestic tornado in here but it was all cleaned up by the time I got home.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Spray the dishes with bitter apple and let him lick the dishwasher he will catch on very quickly and stop licking the dishwasher/dishes.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    Or Tabasco
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Sounds like your wife and dog have had a couple bad days and Im sure your ear had the same two bad days.

Quote Originally Posted by hdsteve69 View Post
    Sounds like your wife and dog have had a couple bad days and Im sure your ear had the same two bad days.
    Nah not too bad

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Momma never said there would be days like this

I agree put tobasco on it and let him lick it. He will stay away from the dishwasher. I'd also check to make sure his collar is snug.

We let our Jack Russell lick the plates before they are rinsed and put in the dishwasher, so he has no interest in the dishwasher.
    surefire7 likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

mkh
    That made my week sound tame in comparision.

VIP Member
    I'm pretty sure there is a country song in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a country song in there somewhere.
    Ha!
    RemMod597 likes this.

Our dog knows better than to go into the kitchen, especially when my wife is there.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

VIP Member
    You have a Lab, and you keep it in the house, in Texas??????????

That dog would be outside in 2 seconds flat.

I have a lab/doberman mix, and a chocolate lab, who stay outside 24/7, 365 days of the year, save for the days it goes below 20 degrees. The LAb WANTS to go in my pond in December, and March, when there is ICE in it.

On those days , they come in and stay in the laundry room , and go out several times a day.

Labs have way too much energy, and are way too inquisitive.
    Their nose gets them into trouble very easily..

My suggestion is to have your wife load the dishwasher when the dog is outside or in another room.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    You have a Lab, and you keep it in the house, in Texas??????????

That dog would be outside in 2 seconds flat.

I have a lab/doberman mix, and a chocolate lab, who stay outside 24/7, 365 days of the year, save for the days it goes below 20 degrees. The LAb WANTS to go in my pond in December, and March, when there is ICE in it.

On those days , they come in and stay in the laundry room , and go out several times a day.

Labs have way too much energy, and are way too inquisitive.
    Their nose gets them into trouble very easily..

My suggestion is to have your wife load the dishwasher when the dog is outside or in another room.
    Well our dogs are inside dogs and we like it that way.
    ICTsnub likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    My Pit-Boxer mix won't go into the kitchen at my mother's house. He's scared of it. I made some popcorn one day, and he RUNS through the kitchen every time he has to go outside, or comes back in. He has no problem with my kitchen.

He also LIKES spicy things. I had some jalapeno Cheetos one day... I set the bag down, walked into the kitchen to get some water, came back to him looking up at me smiling. Eating my Cheetos. Smiling big as you please, and wagging his tail madly. I think it was one of the happiest days of his life- he found a new snack, and didn't get punished because I was laughing too hard to do anything.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Doodle, don't forget to make some reference to your wife that she doesn't work. Of course she'll understand that you're just joking. (Might want to make sure that she's done clean sheets for you when you're on the couch.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links