What is the stupidest thing you have ever done or said?

This is a discussion on What is the stupidest thing you have ever done or said? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Being in the Navy, while inport during the 4th of July, most of us were at the bar in Eastport, Maine. After I did Karaoke, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What is the stupidest thing you have ever done or said?

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Being in the Navy, while inport during the 4th of July, most of us were at the bar in Eastport, Maine. After I did Karaoke, I said hi to a female African-American co-worker and knowing she is affectionate toward everyone, I also wrapped my arms around her shoulder as a friendly gesture while she had an arm around my waist and rubbing my lower back and buttocks. Guess what in about a week? She has been persistantly asking me for dates, which I refused because I am in a relationship with another woman. Now all she thinks about is me and even follows me out in town (even saw me at Farm Fresh supermarket, can you believe that) as well as all over the ship. After lots of attempts and flirtations, she gave up and avoids me now since she was hurt by my rejections, although she stares at me leeringly from time to time in the mess decks (cafeteria). What is even worse is that we are even the same rank (E-6) and from the same department. That would be inappropriate if I said yes to her request and I didn't want to ruin my career and my current relationship. I had no idea that what I did at the bar was a big deal to her. Lesson learned: Never be that affectionate with the opposite sex as they take it the wrong way thinking you want them. I just hope that it won't be a similar scenario like in "Fatal Attraction". By the way, she also has CC permit like me and packs a .380 pistol ( I know since we used to talk about guns once/my carrying of my .40/.45 might have turned her on too). I do hope that she will get over me over time and won't become a dangerous situation. Even changed my recall address too just in case.

2. Remove Ads

Too many of mine to list so I will tell one of the funniest/stupidest my sister ever said...

She is an executive with a major cellular provider and while at a national conference she was out with several females on her level and two bosses WAY higher than her in the company... They got lost and as they passed the largest of this sporting goods chain's stores in the country, she blurted out "That's the biggest Dick's I have ever seen!" It was announced at the conference the next day by the highest ranking person in the room about what was said & she was called up to make a presentation on what she had said & why (in front of a co-ed group of EVERYONE at the conference.) Good thing she & they have good senses of humor.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Marrying a 6' tall, 130#, natural blonde with hair past her shoulder blades, with a 38DD-26-36 figure, borderline nymphomaniac......Fun for a few years but then you have to leave the bedroom and actually live with the b****!!!!
    Worse things have happened, man.

About twenty-five years ago the wife and I were at a friends vacation property in Kentucky enjoying ourselves. My buddy, who was recently divorced had a new girl friend (they have been married quite some time now). She went over to my buddy (as usual) and asked if he needed anything. He responded, "yea, get me a beer out of the cooler". She happily obliged. I was ready for a cold one myself, after all, it was only about 3:00 P.M. and I had only tasted about 8 brews by then. I yelled out to my wife, about 10 feet from me, "hey Linda, get me a cold beer out of the cooler"! She said, "No, get it yourself"! That sort of got my goat! I yelled back, "LOVE, HONOR and OBEY, now OBEY Woman, and get me a BEER"! Well, she never did ever get me a beer and STILL remembers that episode to this day.
    Last edited by HotGuns; September 3rd, 2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: language workaround

Senior Moderator
    Yeah...I'll sell it....
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    About twenty-five years ago the wife and I were at a friends vacation property in Kentucky enjoying ourselves. My buddy, who was recently divorced had a new girl friend (they have been married quite some time now). She went over to my buddy (as usual) and asked if he needed anything. He responded, "yea, get me a beer out of the cooler". She happily obliged. I was ready for a cold one myself, after all, it was only about 3:00 P.M. and I had only tasted about 8 brews by then. I yelled out to my wife, about 10 feet from me, "hey Linda, get me a cold beer out of the cooler"! She said, "No, get it yourself"! That sort of got my goat! I yelled back, "LOVE, HONOR and OBEY, now OBEY Woman, and get me a BEER"! Well, she never did ever get me a beer and STILL remembers that episode to this day.
    You should be the one that is pissed.

You stole my post!
    Quote Originally Posted by afojc View Post
    I do???? (just kidding)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Answering "yes" to the question, "Do these pants make me look fat?"

Now, really, no, cannot think of much except saying "I do" the first time around. Hind sight is 20/20 they say.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

When is the baby due................that's one of few....

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    "I DO" 3 times
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Ok.....maybe the time in college when my roommate and I were in a canoe (first time for either of us trying that) and I took my watch off and put it in my pants pocket
    to prevent it from getting wet if the canoe tipped over....
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    theres the time i drove down train tracks, in a car. I had seen IMPD do it, I knew they did it, they just did it on the side of the tracks with the road, not the side of the tracks with weeds,grass, and tress. I got stuck, almost got arrested for trespassing on railroad property, and had to be towed out.

Then theres the time i was in high school and speaking with someone i thought was a guy and i said hey bro that your girlfriend. She then told me that she is in fact a lady and it is HER girlfriend. The proper response to that one by the way is not, well think of the money you're saving your parents on a prom and homecoming dress.

Then theres the time I volunteered myself to be tazed with the Tazer C2 to see if they were as good as the X26's, they are but they lack the knockdown power, and if you dont believe me, heres the video

fun at work with taser - YouTube

I don't think theres any swearing in it, but if there is an issue ill take the vid down.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Making an ugly racist comment and losing a good friend over it.

VIP Member
    I've never said or done anything stupid in my 60 years here on earth!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Today is my eighteenth wedding anniversary.

Am I posting this in the right place?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links