No Justice in North Carolina.......

This is a discussion on No Justice in North Carolina....... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This verdict is obscene. This animal deserves to die. The people of North Carolina will have to foot the bill for this piece of garbage ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hiram25

Thread: No Justice in North Carolina.......

Angry No Justice in North Carolina.......

This verdict is obscene. This animal deserves to die.

The people of North Carolina will have to foot the bill for this piece of garbage to continue to breath for the rest of his life and may it be short.

The only mental defects in this case were on the part of the jury.

Second degree my butt. This was premeditated all the way.

NC man convicted of killing 8 at nursing home - Yahoo! News

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

I see the problem, he was shot and wounded at the scene, should have been shot and killed!
    mel likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I see the problem, he was shot and wounded at the scene, should have been shot and killed!
    +1 he should have been removed in a body bag.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sad. Juries can often be a crap shoot.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

NC does not even put cop killers on death row know. We have had a run on head scratching verdicts lately. There will be more to come.

If he gets life in prison I would be a bit happier about it. It seems that anymore, a death penalty verdict just draws on and on in court and rarely gets carried out anyway. We have some lawsuits now about our death penalty. At least NC has a true life sentence now. No parole.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    By the way that "they" have been talking about this guy in the media, I am surprised that "they" gave him this much. The way "they" made it sound, he was a real nutter.

He shows up with 4 firearms and a bag bulging with ammunition, and starts blowing old people away with a 12 ga shotgun while they sat in their wheel chairs and lay in their beds...and this isn't premeditated 1st degree murder deserving of the death penalty??? UNBELIEVABLE!!! These elderly people couldn't even take care of themselves, much less defend themselves. These people had lived 80 and 90+ years...they deserved much better than to die like this and have this scum sitting in a jail cell being taken care of the rest of his life. If there is any honor among thieves, perhaps the guys in prison will take him out.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Similar story in Skagit Co Washington...mentally ill man sets out to kill...the butchers bill here was close to yours in NC..Crazy ******* was under supervision..victims want 77 mil...at trial no question he was crazy..been crazy for most of his life ....he's getting treatment now...and hes got a live sentence....waste...grief ...failure

The Book of Numbers in the Old testiment in Chapter 35 has God talking to Moses.

The following verses I believe are of note:

16: And if he smite him with an instrument of iron, so that he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
    17: And if he smite him with throwing a stone, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
    18: Or if he smite him with an hand weapon of wood, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
    19: The revenger of blood himself shall slay the murderer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him.
    20: But if he thrust him of hatred, or hurl at him by laying of wait, that he die;
    21: Or in enmity smite him with his hand, that he die: he that smote him shall surely be put to death; for he is a murderer: the revenger of blood shall slay the murderer, when he meeteth him.

Finding one insane is very subjective at best.

Using that as an excuse not to have them pay the ultimate penalty for committing murder has no basis to it.

Deciding when and if they are cured and allowing them back in to society is again subjective.

Why do we as a nation continue down this faulty road that cost innocent lives without the perpetrator paying for their deeds with their life.

Do we as a society feel that we are superior to God and his mandates for the way we should conduct our lives ?

My rant and mine alone.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    The Book of Numbers in the Old testiment in Chapter 35 has God talking to Moses.

The following verses I believe are of note:

16: And if he smite him with an instrument of iron, so that he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
    17: And if he smite him with throwing a stone, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
    18: Or if he smite him with an hand weapon of wood, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
    19: The revenger of blood himself shall slay the murderer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him.
    20: But if he thrust him of hatred, or hurl at him by laying of wait, that he die;
    21: Or in enmity smite him with his hand, that he die: he that smote him shall surely be put to death; for he is a murderer: the revenger of blood shall slay the murderer, when he meeteth him.

Finding one insane is very subjective at best.

Using that as an excuse not to have them pay the ultimate penalty for committing murder has no basis to it.

Deciding when and if they are cured and allowing them back in to society is again subjective.

Why do we as a nation continue down this faulty road that cost innocent lives without the perpetrator paying for their deeds with their life.

Do we as a society feel that we are superior to God and his mandates for the way we should conduct our lives ?

My rant and mine alone.

OS
    Not just your rant, I think everything has been turned on its head. The bible verse you quoted, Is what our laws should be like. I personally believe that more people in america have the same belief system. I just wish it could be put into action...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Angry

More legal BS.

Ambien used as a defense against the death penalty.

So now does that open the door to say if the defendant was under the influene of ANY substance he or she walks.........

Outrage in Carthage: The day Ambien let a murderer live

OS

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    So now does that open the door to say if the defendant was under the influene of ANY substance he or she walks.........
    He did not walk. He will never see the light of day as a free man. NC has life without parole. This will be a true life sentence.

While I agree with the death penalty in cases like this. No way I would have questioned that decision. What I have seen is that the amount of time and resources tied up in the system to process a death penalty case is just ridiculous. We are going to spend a fortune either way, whether we house the scum bag till God takes him or whether we spend it on appeals that never seem to end. I don't like it. But it's not something I get too worked up about any more.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

My dad and I always thought that public hangings should be brought back. Or maybe firing squads.

Hell, maybe even the guillotine.

How about some truth in sentencing? If a person is given the death penalty, then be done with it and carry out the sentence.

I had a co-worker one time that was going through Criminal Justice in college, and he told me it actually costs more to put these people to death than it does to keep them alive for who knows how many years. I don't remember the reasons he gave me, but I remember thinking he was totally full of crap.

I would have asked him "tough guy aren't ya? Did it make you feel good to murder defenseles senior citizens? On top of getting their parents slayed they get no justice by the jury. I hope the prison guards turn a blind eye on him, he'll get what he deserves
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    +1 he should have been removed in a body bag.
    I remember several stories from the 70's where this type of fellow would "attempt escape" on the way to jail, and had to be shot.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Links