Anyone personally know any real BG's?

This is a discussion on Anyone personally know any real BG's? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I knew and even drank a few beers with serial killer Ramon Rogers. <--Google him. My GF and his GF were coworkers and became friends. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Anyone personally know any real BG's?

VIP Member
    I knew and even drank a few beers with serial killer Ramon Rogers. <--Google him.

My GF and his GF were coworkers and became friends. I went out on a couple double dates with him and even went to his apartment a couple of times for parties. I never really liked him and I thought he was kinda weird. I guess I was right.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Yeah, I know a few.

My best friend and hunting partner growing up killed an illegal by blasting him the head with a shotgun after he ripped him off during a drug deal. He went to prison 3 months after turning 18 and is still there. We had a falling out in high school, I went one way, and he another. He liked the drugs better than his old friends. Since, we have become friends again since he's been in prison.

I didnt know him, but I lived in the same neighborhood as Jeffery Dahmer.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I was 18 once.

VIP Member
    Didn’t know about it until after I PCSed from Travis AFB but a former student of mine was arrested and convicted of child molestation of a three year old.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Yes. I grew up on the lower east side of Saint Paul & hung out there & in the Rice Street & Frogtown areas when I was younger. Drugs, alcohol, & low-lifes make for a poor combination.

Meeting my future wife when I was 12 was probably the best thing that happened to me. I likely would've been a very different person today if not for her.
    MikeNice likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I worked with at risk kids for 6 1/2 yrs. Several of them went to prison after our program. B&E seemed to be the major issue. One of them learned that if you break into a house and steal all the Playboys, you should take off the address labels before hiding them under the bed. DOH!! Lot's of my kids had records when they came to us. Some of them I truly don't want to know what happened to them. There were a few headed for serious problems. I'm surprised one has not popped up on the TV yet.

Then there is my neighborhood. 3 felons within one block of my house. And those are just the one's I know of. One of the guys is a good guy though, guess he learned his lesson. One I don't know too well. And one is pretty much the local drunk guy.

I've got a few family members that were not angels either. One of them killed a guy. Not sure on the details. It was a long time ago.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

While there have been a few people I've known over the years who went the wrong way, one in particular comes to mind. I went to Jr. high and high school with a guy who ended up marrying my sisters best friend (who I also went to school with). He had been arrested two or three times for grand theft auto shortly after high school, and his wife divorced him because of his criminal activity (stealing cars, peddling pot). They had two kids (the first, getting pregnant her senior year). She finally got tired of all the B.S. with the police, druggies and all that goes along with it. They were married for about 5 or 6 years.

I found out from his ex-wife that he ended up getting killed in Thailand or Singapore where he had been living and was heavily involved in the sex trade/white slavery business for about 10 years. She was always lamenting because she never got a dime for child support and that he lived out of the country, she assumed to avoid the police here in the states. She found out what happened to him after she was contacted by an attorney because he apparently had a decent life insurance policy and had the kids listed as beneficiaries.

So, while he never paid a dime in child support while the kids were growing up, they at least got a chunk of change right before the kids graduated high school which ended up paying for their college tuition. So, it all worked out in the end.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Some places you can't grow up with out meeting a few.
    Remember the teacher telling you to “Bring enough for everybody”? That applies to gunfights, too. ~ Sarge @ Sarge's Roll Call

VIP Member
    Years ago, I went to my 5th high school reunion. The guy we all voted most likely to go to jail had not yet done so. He was, however, selling drugs to anybody who wanted to buy them - there at the reunion. Didn't get too many takers as I remember. As he left, they got him for trafficking and he had a trunk full of drugs. I have no idea how long he was in the joint or if he reformed upon release. I also have not bothered to go to another HS reunion.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Huh?

I'm in my mid-sixties...I've worked in schools for 40 years...I've seen various bad actors who have done some terrible things...some are dead , some are still in the slammer , and some are probably pulling some kind of crap as I type, but life will catch up with them too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Back around my late teens I worked with a guy a few years later found out had been arrested for making and selling meth. He made the news though because while locked up waiting for trial he told his girlfriend to go hire a hit man to kill the prosecutor. She promptly reported his request to the sherrif and added conspiracy to commit murder to his list of charges.

I had been aquaintances with him, mostly because he had a cute redhead roommate that also worked for the same company. I had been over to their place several times, met the guys girlfriend and everything seemed normal. I do remember he got fired or quit later on and he seemed to be more interested in making a quick buck so I'm guessing that's when he turned to selling meth.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

I know several reformed "bgs" who were troubled during their teenage years (drugs, gangs, mostly petty stuff like fights), who joined Uncle Sam's Misguided Children and turned their lives around, and became fine young men. But the stories they had about their teens got pretty wild. But luckily fo them, the found their ways into recruiters offices, and made something special out of themselves.

And then I know I guy who I went through boot camp and School of Infantry, who shortly after we got to our home station, went AWOL on a Friday night. He flew home and killed a man, shooting him repeatedly with a bolt action rifle, while he was in bed, sleeping next to his wife. Apparently there had been some sort of weird sex-triangle relationship, between these three, and the now ex-Marine wanted her to himself. Here is a link: Pfc. Aubrey Sikes: Marine convicted in sex triangle murder

And I knew some people involved in drugs back in college, although I wouldn't call them friends, maybe not even acquaintances.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

In the late 80s, a buddy of mine I ran around with in high school robbed a convenience store at gun point, took the cashier in his car, then shot her in the head and pushed her out of the car at 40 mph. She lived, and was able to identify him. He is now serving life in prison.

A kid that grew up 2 houses down for me has been in and out of prison for armed robbery and assault numerous times. The most recent about 6 months ago (my parents saved the newspaper article for me) when he robbed a convenience store using a shotgun. No shots were fired.

In the early 80s a guy that lived about half a mile down the same street I lived on and went to school with my older sister broke into his next door neighbor's house (an old lady), raped her and murdered her. He is now serving life in prison.

*** All of these incidents took place in North Carolina.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ...I didnt know him, but I lived in the same neighborhood as Jeffery Dahmer.
    Good thing he didn't have you over for lunch:

Dahmer, "Sixto, I'd like to have you over for lunch."
    Sixto, "Sure, what's on the menu?"
    Dahmer, "You are."
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Yep, kid lived two houses down the road. Single parent home, very nice mother, tried to control him but to no avail. Kid stole everything he got his hands on. Ended up killing a Texas state trooper so Texas killed him back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links