Anyone personally know any real BG's?

This is a discussion on Anyone personally know any real BG's? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I mean maybe you were friends as kids or was an acquaintance from work or something, but does anyone know any of our nations scumbags? ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Anyone personally know any real BG's?

I mean maybe you were friends as kids or was an acquaintance from work or something, but does anyone know any of our nations scumbags? I know a guy who on February 14th, 2008 shot and killed an 18 year old in Yuma, AZ. The kid I know that pulled the trigger was 16 at the time. I was friends with his sister and cousin and used to see him whenever I would go over to their house(lived 4 houses down). He was a troubled kid growing up, never really had a father figure and was always getting into fights. They moved to Yuma in like 2007 I think, then it seems he got caught up in the gangs down there. I know this story is very outdated but I just wanted to share. So does anyone else personally know anyone that has committed crimes like this? Sorry mods, IDK if this is the right section for this thread...

Yuma man dead, 16-year-old arrested in apparent gang shooting

Police Arrest 10th Suspect in Deadly Mall Shooting - KSWT: Local News, Weather, Sports Yuma, AZ El Centro Imperial Valley, CA

Teens charged in mall shooting | yuma, charged, shooting - News - YumaSun

I personally know about 300 of them from work
    guardmt and MikeNice like this.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    I personally know about 300 of them from work
    LOL, I mean like used to be friends or acquaintances, not because you arrested them or guard them while they are locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    LOL, I mean like used to be friends or acquaintances, not because you arrested them or guard them while they are locked up.
    Well, that leaves me out!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    I know someone who has a felony conviction. Served two years. Basically a good guy who did
    something pretty stupid; though in decades past he might have gotten a pat on the back and an attaboy for his "good work."

I don't know anyone who has been in and out all their life or is an habitual criminal or an exceedingly vicious
    individual.

ADDED MUCH LATER-- I forgot all about the kid who lived on my block who robbed a couple at gun point as the couple left a Taco Bell. I think he might have been salvageable but doubt that he got any better in jail.

I also forgot the two neighbor kids who pulled a gun on a pizza delivery guy. These two were incorrigible and should never see the outside of a jail. I think they were gang bangers from LA who moved to Texas with their parents.
    Last edited by Hopyard; September 4th, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Evil has the potential to exist in all people, either thru ignorrance or desire. It is ours to choose.

Personally I know many, from terrorists to murderers, armed robbers, child molesters, an everything in between, but only from a professional level. They all made their choices, they all live with the consequences.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Not any more. I was raised in the area I worked. When I first started working the streets, I checked a number of people I knew in school. A significant percentage were in the files for everything from petty theft to murder. It was handy, if any of them became suspects, I knew them on sight.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I was with a friend, at a street festival, one time and he looked over my shoulder, saw several policemen approaching and said "See you later, maybe!" While he managed to evade the constabulary that time, it was in the newspaper several days later that he had been arrested and charged with "fixing" over 2500 traffic tickets. Never saw him again.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I know a bartender who sells drugs,truckers that routinely steal part of the load and work with a guy that steals road signs for scrap aluminum...come to think of it I need new people.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

All the ones I know I buried in shallow graves in my back yard..............(kidding)..............

Guy who lived next door to me in the collegedorms got convicted of 1st Degree Murder. I was working as a parole officer in his jursidiction, after college and ended up interviewing him for his parole board report.

My chiefs husband was arrested for stealing tax money from the county tax dept. and my secretaries son was caught with a big marijuana grow. Friend from high schools little bro just got arrested for thieving copper wire from the local power company offices.

Thats all outside of the BG I have worked with over 11 years in probation/parole work.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I grew up in the same neighborhood with a kid that you could tell was gonna be pure trouble. He was adopted by my neighbors, and it was rumored that his biological mother smoked crack-cocaine while carrying him. The boy was a friendly enough person, but had horrible impulse control.

He would sneak 20 oz coke bottles of gasoline into the school gymnasium and huff the stuff! He'd all together quit school by the ninth grade and was on hard drugs by 18. The drugs led to REAL crime (burglary, auto-theft, forgery, but never anything violent) He got into manufacturing meth and built up a mile long rap-sheet which included a prison break that lasted for about 3-days. At one time I'd heard that he had been sentenced to 25 years, but thanks to our penal system he found his way out for "good behavior" in less than 2 years.

Well, he burglarized the wrong old man one night and got him self shot dead in the process. A quick look at his rap-sheet put the brakes on any further investigation, and with good reason in my opinion. When a long-term law-abiding citizen uses deadly force upon a career criminal why waste tax dollars trying too hard to figure out why?

My hometown is the 12th safest city in the US, so needless to say, I didn't really know any criminals. I'm going to school in Milwaukee and I know one felon. He was a student at my school. He was in a gang in his teens and did some stupid stuff. He turned his life around and became an engineer. He graduated last year and is working for a great company now.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Senior Moderator
    I know a few.

Me and the then Sheriff coached a kid, VAN TUCKER in basketball. He was a friend of my oldest son, went to school together. Every one that knew Van knew that he was an accident waiting to happen. His Dad was an alcoholic and used to beat him and his mother to a pulp when he would go on drunken rages and it made Van a very bitter kid...in fact he was not chosen in the draft, but he was "assigned" to us because no one wanted him. He was a freind of my son and the Sheriffs son,and spent a lot of time in both my house and the Sheriffs house. For us, he was no problem on the basket ball court be he did have a very short fuse. He was also red headed, which meant that he was prone to acting crazy anyway.

When Van was around 17 he was arrested for the Murder of a 60 something year old man.He stole the mans vehicle and with two of his friends went on a drunken binge in a local hotel where he was arrested by SWAT. He was actually located by the "On STAR" system in the vehicle they stole.

Van broke out of jail, but didnt make it out of the building which had an automatic lockdown, locking every door and window. He took the Sheriff hostage and got on National News for several hours. that situation got diffused when the Sheriff finally convinced him to give up. Van does not know how very close he came to meet the Creator that night as the green light was given to take a shot if possible.

He later broke out of a Maximum security prison but was soon apprehended. Van eventually served his sentance, and got out of jail and since the crime was committed as a juvenile he only spent around 12 years in jail. In less than 3 weeks, he kidnapped a man, taped him to a chair, beat him and threatened to kill him if he did not reveal the location of some firearms that he wanted. The man, being 60 something, did not reveal where they were. In frustration, Van left the man alone. The man freed himself and called the LAW. A BOLO was issued out, and he nearly got into a shootout with the local LEO's, but realizing he was outnumberd he surrendered. Van in now in jail.

Is he considered "bad enough" ?

I went to work with a guy whos wife was killed by her son. She was the Marshal of the place where I work as a Deputy Marshal. She was taking a nap on the couch after spending all day at work, still in uniform, still wearing her .38. He removed the revolver from her holster, placed the gun against her temple and pulled the trigger.

My wife taught a kid in the 9th grade that killed his Mom, Grandfather and little sister with a .30-30. He stabbed his younger brother with a Bowie knife several times, apparently felt some sense of remorse, drove his Moms car to the ER with his little brother in it, and told the ER Nurse that he just killed everyone in his family except for his Dad who was at school working as a Coach. His Mom taught with my wife. That was the first funeral I ever attended that had a open casket. In that casket, her daughter was layed up on her side like she was hugging her Mom.

I've got a few more examples, one of which was national news for several weeks that involved some friends and victims, most of which I knew. It was featured several times on 60 Minutes and a few other shows and a book was written about the case ,and was the record for shortest time span for execution by lethal injection in the U.S. but I rekon 3 examples is enough for one thread.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    My cousin ..

Parties, drinking, drugs, theft to sell items to pay for drugs, deals with drug dealers for drugs, using a post office box to traffic drugs as payment for drugs, arrested for using a post office box to traffic drugs, made an EXCEPTIONAL deal to stay out of prison, got back into drugs, more theft, more arrests........

He's supposedly clean now but let's just say that if he showed up unannounced I would be VERY suspicious and start looking over his shoulder with my hand on my gun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links