Huge brush fires in central Texas. Flames force us out.

This is a discussion on Huge brush fires in central Texas. Flames force us out. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey guys. My wife and I were at her parents house where we were watching the distant fire burn and commenting how bad it looked. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge brush fires in central Texas. Flames force us out.

Huge brush fires in central Texas. Flames force us out.

Hey guys. My wife and I were at her parents house where we were watching the distant fire burn and commenting how bad it looked. We'll, the wind shifted and we found ourselves packing and running around getting ready to leave. A chopper flew over with a loudspeaker saying to get the heck out. We got numerous calls from the sheriff as well. 60 foot flames within 400 yards and closing.

I'll give updates as thing progress but right now it looks like they will loose their 100 acre ranch and nice home. We are safe though. Updates as they come.

Posted via Tapatalk for the HTC Evo.

2. Remove Ads

Stay safe, you can rebuild a house!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Whoa, what a terrible situation. I hope it works out OK.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Update: All the people and animals are out safely but the fight is just beginning for our fire fighters. There are 4 fires blazing the worst being in Bastrop, Texas seen here:

I took this video shortly before we left the property. I was out of breath from running around the house getting everything and everyone ready to go. I do admit I ALMOST used adult language but didn't. We are still unsure of the fate of the ranch and house.

We are all safe and that's what counts. We hope the ranch and house are ok but those things are only physical. Thanks for your prayers

Holy crap man, glad to hear everyone got out safely. Those are some amazing pictures

Administrator
    Wow.
    "Just blame Sixto"

KHOU says things are probably going to be worse tomorrow as far as winds are concerned. We have had a few here in the Houston area but nothing near the scale of Bastrop. KHOU was reporting the largest fire as being sixteen miles by four miles and over three hundred homes burned so far.
    They said they were going to be doing air drops all night and trying to bring more air assets in in the morning.

Property can be replaced, people can't. Stay safe.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

We are very close to a similar fire in Leon County Texas burned about 4,000 acres today Sunday Sept 4th and don't know number of homes and barns or if any lives lost and as of now it is burning.

Fire fighters are desperately trying to get it under control but as of now the fire chief reported to his units that (heard on my scanner) the fire is not under control at all.

Our church received a call from emergency management center about providing sandwiches to the volunteers fire fighters who are in real need.

We just returned from the fire fights staging area after delivering as many sandwiches as we could get bread and fixing for her in town.

At times this fire was moving at near 30 miles an hour in the tops of the very dry trees with flames like those seen the pics above.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Glad you are safe, hope the 'stuff' stays safe, too...although stuff is just stuff.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glad that you and yours are safe.

This has been a very dry year in much of OK and TX. Since Friday about 30,000 acres in and near the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge burned. About ten homes were destroyed.

Sorry to read about your possible tragedy. Great pictures though. Hopefully the property survives but at least everybody got out safely. Godspeed.

WOW man impressive video.. Glad you and your family are safe. Some of my friends in Steiner Ranch (one of the other fires) got affected they are staying in my property right now. Last I heard around 7am (regarding Steiner Ranch fire) is that is around 10% contained... My Prayers to the families affected and Firefighters battling this. Stay safe.

VIP Member
    Prayers going out for you and your family. Hopefully the home will make it through the fire.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Also am praying for you and yours, Thank God you're all safe!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

It's really dry down here too,we got a little rain off the last hurricane,but with heat in the 100's and wind it's already dry as a popcorn fart again,stay safe,fire with a wind pushing it sucks
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links