Irritation at the range today

This is a discussion on Irritation at the range today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Like a lot of people with a little power, it makes them feel really big to be able to use it. My local indoor range ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Irritation at the range today

Like a lot of people with a little power, it makes them feel really big to be able to use it.

My local indoor range has a policy of 1 shoot every 2 seconds with the handguns, and 1 every 10 I believe with the rifles. They don't really police it at all though.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Stuff like this are one of the reasons I don't shoot at the indoor range anymore, excpet to practice one-handed shooting w/ my handgun(s). Outdoor range allows me to shoot even rapid fire as long as I doing it safely.

Glad you guys generally agree with me and I'm not just over-reacting

Sounds like an anal orifice. Unfortunately the world is full of them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their mind is made up, don't confuse them with the facts.mr_know-it-all.jpg
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

I double up with good headphones, two guys were a few lanes over one came up to me moved his lips and interrupted me I didn't hear a dang thing he said and I went back to shooting.

This sounds just like people at the grocery store saying you can't OC; well I know the laws and know that I can. If you know the rules than just ignore him and move along; his intentions seemed good but his methods are poor (to be diplomatic about it); I would have said something more to the Range staff if he's going around being a busy body. Know the range rules and follow them and when he's blowing smoke up you're rear the first time I'd be as courteous as you were and go back to my thing and the second time I'm telling him to take a hike and read the rules himself. If this range isn't a long drive and an only option situation I'd have made it clear if he was there when I showed up in the future I'm turning hide and leaving upon seeing him. Maybe they'll loose one or maybe you're the 5th guy and they'll ask him to leave and stop being self proclaimed RSO. Like you said nobody likes joe cool know it all at the range; so you're either not the first or he's new and you're not the last, I bet she offered the card solely because he gave them so many to hand out after being there a few times to make it seem obvious if they threw them out.

Glock Certified Armorer

I have had a similar experience, mine went like this:

Him: "You know you aren't supposed to shoot rapid fire here, right?"
    Me: "Do you work here?"
    Him: "No, but I am a firearms instructor and..." this is where I interrupted him
    Me: feigning interest "So people pay you for your time and instruction at the range?"
    Him: looking proud "Absolutely!"
    Me: "Well my range time is pretty expensive & the way I figure it is that you owe me five bucks & the clock is tickin..."
    Him: "I'm going to report you to the range officer."

He walked away in a huff. As I was checking out the guy at the counter asked what I did to get the other guy so upset... I explained & the counter staff called over other staff members. I started to get nervous that I was going to get chewed out but I was certain beyond doubt there was no rule on rapid fire.

Turns out this guy is a major control freak & nobody stands up to him and the staff was delighted someone told him where he could go & what he could do when he got there. He supposedly has a premium membership and they do not want to upset him so they give him lip service.

Opinions are like sphincters, everyone has one and thinks theirs is the best....

I would tell Mr. Instructor that if I really wanted his input I would pay him to provide it. If he had a point of concern he was welcome to address it with someone who wants to listen to him jack his jaw.

--------------------------

On the PDX1....

Winchester Ranger T-Series Bonded is the same ammo but half the price. The PDX-1 is FBI endorsed so it carries the price tag... Good ammo, but save yourself the advertising cost on it.

As others stated, the defensive ammo will pack a bit more wallop just based on purpose and inherent design.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    I'd call that a pleasant day at the range, Doodle.

The last time I went (last week), the guy next to me had his entire family jammed in the stall while he blasted away with a 30-30 at a target 25 feet away. He then switched to a 1911 and as I kept one eye on him while I was reloading, I watched him point the muzzle directly at the forehead of one of his kids, while speaking to another, while the first kid slapped the muzzle away.

Going on at the same time, on my left were two teen boys with their ugly girlfriends taking turns blasting away with a 12-guage and clipping the edges of a target that was also at the 25 foot line, and laughing hysterically.

Needless to say, it was a short visit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I'd call that a pleasant day at the range, Doodle.

The last time I went (last week), the guy next to me had his entire family jammed in the stall while he blasted away with a 30-30 at a target 25 feet away. He then switched to a 1911 and as I kept one eye on him while I was reloading, I watched him point the muzzle directly at the forehead of one of his kids, while speaking to another, while the first kid slapped the muzzle away.

Going on at the same time, on my left were two teen boys with their ugly girlfriends taking turns blasting away with a 12-guage and clipping the edges of a target that was also at the 25 foot line, and laughing hysterically.

Needless to say, it was a short visit for me.
    Great Googely Moogely... Where's the flippin' common sense these days???
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I am so glad I dont have to go to public ranges.

VIP Member
    You just can't make this stuff up. We are surrounded by morons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links